Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

guys,

question:

did Spektrum make a DSM module and RX for the Futaba 3PJ radio?

if not, will the Spektrum DSM unit for the Futaba 3PK work on the 3PJ?

im considering getting one to upgrade my newly acquired 3PJ...
Old 05-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jay: Sure pare, you may try it out! Ultimate test is once i've gotten it dialed for mod. Pero sa stock/spec its pretty good already. Dapat pala pinasubok ko sayo kagabi. Sorry, it slipped my mind din. Next time! ... next time din agahan mo!

Miguel: Welcome to the wonderful world of Xray .... i had no dobt you'd emjoy the t2! A-Main agad! mukhang susunod na si chito! ... at si JP! HAHAHA

Mitch: No prob. Alam mo na kung pano gawin diba? Simple lang .... Mukhang malakas nga auto mo actually.

jt/beowolf: RC na ulit! time for a comeback! nice to have a few rounds and see you at the track!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

tommi: hard to answer that. there's a spektrum module for the 3pk ... now if that will work with the 3pj is another question. are the modules of the 3pk and 3pj the same? if they are, then theres a chance they just might work. only way to tell really is if you try it out. there are a number of guys with the 3pk/spektrum set up. im sure you can work out with them if you can try it out/test it. good luck!

ps.yung m-tronix speedo pala yung binili mo, you never answered my question. thats a good esc. carlo did well with it and he was as fast as anyone else on the track with it.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
tommi: hard to answer that. there's a spektrum module for the 3pk ... now if that will work with the 3pj is another question. are the modules of the 3pk and 3pj the same? if they are, then theres a chance they just might work. only way to tell really is if you try it out. there are a number of guys with the 3pk/spektrum set up. im sure you can work out with them if you can try it out/test it. good luck!

ps.yung m-tronix speedo pala yung binili mo, you never answered my question. thats a good esc. carlo did well with it and he was as fast as anyone else on the track with it.

sorry bout the ESC thing... wasnt able to answer agad... the work piled up here in my office as i saw your PM... i got it na from carlo. works like a dream! much stronger than the novak GTS i had before...

and i was able to access the spektrum webpage... dont ask me how... peste kasi tong mga web blocking programs sa station ko eh... hehehe

seems that the Spektrum for Futaba was made for the 3pk pala due to the HRS system... heres the info i got from spektrum...

Can I use the Futaba HRS compatible system in other Futaba transmitters?

The HRS compatible system will only work with the Futaba 3PK in the HRS mode. Other Futaba radios don't support HRS and are not compatible.
medyo vague nga lang...
Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

jpracing: thanks for the two lechons and the drinks... hope you could join us int the next leg of the shootout... mod shootout...

pitshop: salamat sa race at pagtago nung antena ng radio ko... next time maglaro ka na...

highwayman:
congrats on your win... salamat din sa mga tips for the BD... will try it next time...

robo: salamat din sa mga tips... pa test din ng auto mo next time...

toink:
so far yet so near... salamat din sa programmer... next time uli...

miguel: ayus ah... mukhang hiyang na hiyang ka sa new ride mo... hindi naman ako lapping eh... pero thank you na rin...

curious:
kawalang gana yung motor problems ko...

bmmer: pasensya na at naiwan ko... idol kita sa paghinang ng baliktad na wires sa motor... napagaya tuloy ako... salamat rin pala sa traffic report...

jay: sayang at late ka... pero good run pa rin... lakas ng auto mo... kumakain ng lechon eh...

voodoo:
congrats on your win...

centerfire:
nice racing with you... lakas ng auto mo... next time uli...

akina, anton:
nice racing with you... tulin ng car mo sa strait...

AXO/tutoy: wag tutok... lakas ng brake ko eh... seriously lakas ng auto mo...

tochidet: belt driven touring car na... so many to choose from...

may nakalimutan pa ba ako... wala na ata... ang haba na...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

tanta: thanks rin at nagustohan mo takbo nung auto. next time around ayaw ko lechon kainin.. how bout some inihaw?

robo: yeah next time nalang, malas lang tlga trafic from taft that time. dapat andun ako intime for quali's well wala nako magagawa duon. good thing parin i was able to race kahit papano. hehehe!

2 rounds left..

Old 05-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

tommi: no prob! the IP6 should sever you well

jay: sa mod round agahan mo pare! dun tayo mag eenjoy ng husto! cant wait!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
guys,

question:

did Spektrum make a DSM module and RX for the Futaba 3PJ radio?

if not, will the Spektrum DSM unit for the Futaba 3PK work on the 3PJ?

im considering getting one to upgrade my newly acquired 3PJ...

Tommi:

I have seen the 3pk Spek Module used in a 3pj- it works fine. (PM alexV for details). You however, cannot use the HRS RX or any of its functions as those are not available in 3pj.

So you need to pair your Module with the older type RX and not the new HRS version.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Roborat : Nag enjoy ako sa Race sir thanks! yup, next time kasama na ulit mga HB boys medyo busy lang kasi sila.

Tanta : Nice Run Bro! LAKAS NG SUNTOK ng oto mo!

Jay / Voodooph : Thanks, ang saya! next time ulit!!

Toink : Meron ng mas blue pare! nice seeing you ulit sa track pare.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

raj: pare, there are two LiPo chargers out from Orion.

Avionics Advanced Flight Charger: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMRH8&P=7

and ...

Advantage Charger: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...er&FVPROFIL=++

looking at the specs, will both get the job done equally well if i purchase and use the Orion Platinum Series LiPos? I guess im a bit thrown off on why they released two chargers ang they call one a "Flight" chrager. the Flight is $100 cheaper so thats a huge plus (i think its for LiPo only? meaing no NiMh charging)! sorry, i have not done much research on LiPo so not quite sure what to look for in a charger.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

robo: hindi ako si raj , but...

the flight charger will also charge nimh & nicads but max. rate is 5 amps. the carbon advantage charges up to 10 amps. both will fully and safely charge the orion lipo if you have a race quality nimh/nicad charger and youre looking for a 2nd charger, get the flight charger for your lipos, much cheaper at only $80.00. if you will only have one charger for all batts - nicad/nimh/lipo - get the carbon advantage.

other nice lipo ready chargers are the ice, yokomo yz110, the new checkpoint (virtually identical to each other)
Old 05-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

much more silent charger is also an option.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

robo: thanks for lending some of you stuff and knowledge of rc.

bing: thanks for pointing out the glitches with my kit as well as coaching me during the race

voodoo: thanks cutting my comms and extra tips

marc/miguel: balik on road na kayo, thanks as well for the advice

akina: salamat sa pagtakip ng fan while i was soldering. akala ko tuloy, sire na yung equipment ko

Jay: thanks for the matched packs, can't wait to try them for TAC

tantalaus/mini toink/bummer: nice seeing you guys again and racing with you guys

lastly, apologies for all those whose kits i crashed/bumped into

thanks a lot again guys
Old 05-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

marvi: gaya-gaya! .... hehehe ... pero salamat pards! i figured yun nga yung difference. next question, regarding the device needed to balance lipo cells - do those come separately? or do some chargers come built in with balancers?

alec: glad to help ... although i dont think i helped that much. tanong ka lang pare kung kelangan ka tulong. always glad to help if i can ... next round ha! baka wala nga lang ako this sunday sa TAC. have a family affair that i dont think i'll be able to squeeze out of. hirap talaga ako pag sunday. if ever wala ako, see next leg nalang ng shootout/tac.

voodoo: yup, looking at the silent charger too. it will all boil down to functions and price. the Duratrax ICE and it's clones (Yokomo, Checkpoint) are also interesting. Tingin tingin lang ako muna ng mga options ... no rush pa naman. but defnitely very interested.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
voodoo: yup, looking at the silent charger too. it will all boil down to functions and price. the Duratrax ICE and it's clones (Yokomo, Checkpoint) are also interesting. Tingin tingin lang ako muna ng mga options ... no rush pa naman. but defnitely very interested.
seems like the silent charger is a good 2nd charger. i personally think it shouldn't replace your CTX-CM if you already have it. Features wise, the CM is still better for our usual NiMH race packs (at least you can monitor the deltapeak, temperature and mah going in, with the Silent you can't). But its good to have the Silent charger for repeaking or charging your LiPo packs (TX and/or race packs).

Been looking around for the balancer... so far i'v seen separate units that you use inline with your LiPo capable charger... not sure if they model specific though (meaning they can only work with a particular brand of charger). Noticed that the LiPo chargers for airplane use already have the balancer built in though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.