R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Manila Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/manila-racers-33/)
-   -   Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/manila-racers/249567-miscellaneous-topics.html)

juantrinidad 10-07-2002 05:14 PM

Miscellaneous Topics

This thread is for Philippine RC hobbyists. If you have received exceptional, excellent, mucho OK service from a local hobby shop or individual seller. Please post your experience.

If you have experienced really lousy service or feel cheated by a local RC merchant or individual seller, put it here too!

This thread is meant to protect the consumer rights of RC enthusiasts and promote hobby shops that excercise good business practices.

NO FLAMING. ONLY LEGITIMATE GRIEVANCES! NO INSULTS! Get your point thru by writing in a civil manner. More poeple will listen that way.

Let's make this work and so that we may patronize the good ones and improve the service we currently get!

Post that are out of line will be deleted ASAP!

Rgds, JT

juantrinidad 10-07-2002 05:19 PM

SAMPLE OF GOOD REVIEW

MM Service is 1st rate -

I know I'm not makeing a ground breaking anouncement here, but it still has to be said.

Mountian Models provides 1st rate service. I placed an order last week for a Cesna, and some covering. Received an email the next day stating they were out of the covering, and asked if I minded if the order was delayed until the next week.
No problem at all,( expecially since I really appriciated the email asking) so I sent an email stating this was fine. Over that weekend I sent an email asking if Icould add to the order. If not, or if it was already sent, no problem.
A few days went by wtih no responce, so on Monday AM, I sent another email asking the same question. Tuesday evening I got an email stating they just noticed my previous emails, but already sent the Order out in the AM, but asked for authorization to to charge the extra order. I gave it.

Well yesterday my original order came, and had NO SHIPPING charge stating they were sorry for the delay. Today the 2nd order came with NO SHIPPING charge.

I really think this is GREAT customer service. They didn't have to ship for free on the first order just because they were out of stock on something. That happens, and the delay wasn't long at all. I've ordered form some places where the order took longer than this, and everything was in stock.

The fact that the 2nd order was postage free was just icing on the cake. I certinally see a Switch Back in my future

Thank you Karen and Doug. I was going to send an email directly to you, but thought this was something better to bring to your attenion in "public"

SAMPLE OF BAD REVIEW

Dymond Modelsport in San Diego = Horrible Services! Avoid!

Went to the San Diego Dymond Modelsport today, 9/28, to get a set of gold connectors for My mega brushless motor and my Jeti Master Hacker controller. I asked one of the representative to show me where they have the gold connectors and how to solder them on. He complied and directed me to a pack of gold connectors that cost $5. Then he said Helmut, the manager of the store would solder the gold connectors on my ESC and motor for free.

So I waited 20 mins. and presented my motor, ESC, and a set of gold connectors for Helmut to solder. Well once everything is done (around 5:20 PM), Helmut said I had to leave because the store is closed. I walked out the door thinking I forgot something and it hit me that I haven't paid for the gold connectors. I turned around as Helmut was going to the door to close his store.

We then went to the cash register and he rung me up for the gold connectors: $5.39. After tinkering with the cash register, he added another $5.38, making the total $10.77. I asked what is this extra $5.38 for?

He replied saying "it is for the soldering services". I then said, "I thought it was free". I also added that "the sale rep told me you do it for free". Then Helmut said "we only do it if you buy your stuff from us"

I told him "Yes I bought this gold connectors from you". He then repeated "we only do it if you buy your stuff from us", without acknowledging that I am buying the gold connectors from him. He then said, "if you are not going to pay for the soldering services I will take your ESC and motor and cut off the connectors". (What is going on here? I bought the gold connectors!!)

He then snatch my stuff and went to the back and cut off the connectors and returned my motor, ESC w/ the connectors cut off and my money. He then said "here is your stuff and money, get out of my store as fast as you can"! I was shocked!!!

I am mad at this for a few reason:

1st. He wasted my time there.

2nd. The store is misleading their customer. (How would you like it if a store said developing your films would cost you $10 dollars and once they are developed, it cost you $20 just because they develop your film on a brand new machine.)

3rd. Isn't it illegal to charge someone for a service when the price was not posted anywhere nor were you given a quote of how much the service would cost before the service was performed? (Many batteries store online post their extra cost such as soldering connectors or pack, etc... and give you a quote on your custom order before you placed them). In this case the sale rep said "Helmut would do it for me for free"!

Overall I find the above event to be a horrible experiences. I don't know what happened with Helmut at that time. I think this is a case of not only false advertising, but also offending the customer by snatching the stuff out of my hand to cut off the connectors. I am not familiar much with the laws, but had I been, I would have probably done something, maybe even sue him. So people beware of Dymond Modelsport and of Helmut!

[B]

brading 10-09-2002 06:25 PM

No credit inside

JT,
You may seem to think that this thread is so unpopular because no body has broken the Ice in posting yet.
oh well I'll share a piece of my mind
with hobby shops ( those where I 'ved been to)

Pitshop:
The location is good , seems to be near every where, parking is limited and first come first serve basis.
prices of products a bit expensive but not compromising the after market services and superior quality.
Carries ample variety of RC products ( limited on the planes)When the RC magazines has it he gets it here pronto.
You can directly deal with the owner (Mike) and gives you a personal touch like saying "Oi kupal!......" Oh well he does it when he really knows his patrons.
He often offers hard to resist deals.
Even extends credit to avid buyers...
one more thing...
Mang bring in some planes........

next Duck RC

paulc 10-09-2002 07:31 PM

False hopes

I made an order for an OS Engine head sometime last year from a shop here in Makati. It was for my then .15OS CV-X (for the T-Maxx). I placed an order months (7-to a year already) ago, and I still have yet to receive the part.

Sad thing is, I was asked to make a deposit. The attendant gave me a receipt (out of scratch paper). That's it. Everytime I pass by and ask, they say that there is no stock...(always?, c'mon!)

I should've known better. I've ordered a TA02 hardened shaft (way back in '95-'96-I think)...same thing, placed an order, left a deposit and a don't call us we'll call you look.

So up to know I still have to receive my back-ordered parts which I really don't need anymore.

Service from the store? we'll I really cant say that they're hypocrites, because some of them are really nice...note...SOME. I've been buying from them since they were still in Goldcrest (where I got started on R/C - Super Champ!)

This is just my personal experience. There is no intention of blaming and/or flaming. My experience on this shop could be an isolated case or is it? I dunno. You tell us...

brading 10-09-2002 08:39 PM

Duck RC :

JT was also responsible for introducing me to the main man (PATO Syquia) of the shop. kind accomodating, interesting to talk to, exchange of information, open for suggestions.
the Location is in Makati Cinema Square upper basement level
parking is secure. its a bit far to those comin from QC.
near to the flying field.
Shop is petit, small, limited space
(EXPANSION NEEDED for flyers lounge)
jampacked with lots of plane kits to choose from. beginners to pros
Lots of interesting things to see.
A plus factor is that you could use the in-shop flying simulator
which suits your flying skill and level

A Duck policy maybe.... he does'nt give discounts....
but he gives hard to refuse deals as well. Gives credit to Pato shop fanatics...... Or may I say " Fly now pay later plan" literally.

he's got a technician for your soldering and other basic electronic work needs.
Has in-house equipment for patrons to test their units like servo tester, amp clamp meter, z bender, connector crimper, free tap in from his Lithium Ion Charger etc.

gives good after sales support, except for some selected items which he could not possibly give warranties (But so reasonable priced) either the product is discontinued or a damaged unit.

A Set back though are the long waits for in-coming ordered items oh well that is a big problem on our end...

killer 10-09-2002 09:48 PM

:ö: uummm am not quite sure if i have the rights to post it here, but here goes.., i was able to influence my colleage in this hobby a few months ago, and we were able to get a good deal on a 2nd hand reay to run r/c in exchange for his cellphone, then he wanted to get a new body for that kit, we were able to buy a get a new corvette body (thanks PP3) but the problem now is cutting, painting and mounting it on the chassis!, (we can to do it, but we lack in time!!) so we called Lil's at the SM Megamall, and ask how much would it cost us (the cutting and everything) consider that we already have our own body, and the guy at that shop was charging us, around 1.7K!!, so we said okey thanks, and then we called Lil's Makati, and we were charged much way much cheaper than Lil's in MegaMall?! bakit po kaya ganun? -æ

omsky101 10-10-2002 01:07 AM

bad experience

One time I did go to a hobby shop @ megamall looking for a new body and was interested in buying a Toyota Supra body. As I was opening the box to check the details I accidentally made contact with an open paint container, thus spilling the acrylic paint on the technician work area and some paint drops on a newly painted body. Anyway, I immediately apologized to the technician and offer to pay for the paint and the body (with paint drops). Instead he created a scene by shouting “ KAYA MO BANG BAYARAN LAHAT ITO” then immediately goes to the stock room. Since it was my fault I kept my mouth shut and go to the counter to pay for the paint and leave the store.

I was almost 20meters away from the store then I heard the technician again, hoy..hoy…hwag mo kaming takasan bayaran mo yung pintura”. This time I loss my temper and confronted him“ ^%#@ ka pala eh kanina ko pa binayaran yung pintura, ano ba gusto mo?” then he turned his back away from me.

What im trying to say is that regular customer should be treated fairly and in a decent way, hinde yung hahamunin ka kung may pambayad o wala, afterall sa customer din naman sila kumikita.

Kayo na po ang humatol…bwa ha ha ha :D:D:D

Note: The painted body was easily clean off since the paint is water soluble.

killer: are we reffering to same technician ;)

kentot 10-10-2002 01:13 AM

.. talk about bad service!

purplepro3 10-10-2002 01:24 AM

...'dun na lang kayo sa hobby shop na may pretty sales staff para di uminit dugo nyo :D :D

paulc 10-10-2002 01:29 AM

pp3: right on baybeeeeee.... :D

brading 10-10-2002 01:53 AM

Now you realize how powerfull this thread can be...
I hope shop owners would browse in and realize that sometimes they dont know their sales/shop staff are really doing towards their customers. A bad apple could spoil a chain of stores..... What ever happened to the phrase...
"THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"...

I may suggest also that shop owners will post reports of action taken towards a concerned staff or product actions if any.

juantrinidad 10-10-2002 03:08 AM

Sabi ko na nga ba...

Leave it to PP3 to bring the discussion to pretty ladies! Next thing you know, he only goes to the shop na "all the way". BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good work guys. Given enough time, this thread will empower us RC enthusiasts. Buy from the good shops. There are enough out there now to have a choice. Those who give lousy service have no reason to exist.

I have my own horror stories from a certain hobby shop. But I'll leave it aside for the sake of objectivity.

TULOY NATIN ITO!

JT

Inquest 10-10-2002 03:45 AM

Im just curious why does the owner of the track at fiesta carnival charge to much for the track fee. Non member used to pay 300php, few months later 400php. Is that fair??? Not to mention charge rates for the members >>> 200php!!! Isnt this some sort of "pagsasamantala"...?

RK4 10-10-2002 04:57 PM

My experience is somewhat funny and yet annoying. It's about this hobby shop in Megamall. Just three weeks ago, I stopped by the shop just to look around. Just a week before I was thinking of getting a 1/8 on-road car to replace my Veteq. I saw a Kyosho Fantom 2001. I asked for the price and the lady said "P 28,000". So I asked "Do they bring in parts for that kit?". The lady said "No.". I asked more, "Can you help me order parts?". The lady said, "No". I asked "What if I break something?". The lady said something like "Goodbye P28,000". What annoyed me was how the lady answered my questions. It was like that Kyosho Fantom was disposable. I don't know if the shop owner knows that these kinds of things happen at the shop. Pero somehow, it gives a negative impression. I mean, when they decide to sell a kit, give support even as an ordering channel lang. It's not a second-hand thing.

I hope they improve. I guess this is what this thread is all about. Even at their other branch in Makati where a friend had a nastier experience.

paulc 10-10-2002 05:14 PM

RK4: if you do need a part, don't give a deposit for the ordered part. Up to now I'm still waiting for my .15 OS head (1 year already). I even left my contact numbers for them to contact me if the parts arrive so that hindi na sila makulitan sa akin...