Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Manila Racers
Saudi Arabia RC Club >

Saudi Arabia RC Club

Saudi Arabia RC Club

Old 08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

stealth
good to hear from you bro, musta na sa circle I'm always visiting the thread and I can see that you guys are having lots of fun during races , I wish I could join those races, but anyway pag balik ko from here race ulit ako dyan he he my kits are always ready ingats .

grizle
woooow dre, super laki naman yang tracks , design for your mamba pro4 he he , but it's great dre walang overheat motor natin dyan, tsalap tsalap takbo dyan he he , kelan kaya natin gagawin yan? well regarding stock motor sa tracks, good idea un para maganda tingnan takbo natin pa unti unti taas natin level pag nakakasabay na sila. oki sir see u friday at the tracks.

C brain
sarap naman assemble kit mo, enjoy bro sana makapasyal ka dito sa khobar.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Ricky,
Me and my cycling buddies will be there for our yearly eid ride hope to see your shop and racetrack. baka me nakakalat pa sa compartment ng kotse mo na CO27?

Norman??? kaw ba yan sir? d jkita makilala eh...may bigote ka ata ngayon wla co27 sir eh pakuha ka kay junel, what i have is the yokomo 27(kaso d locked endbell eh)
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grizzle
Ricky .... welcome to the forum... please schedule the race during the no working holiday of ramadan. It will be probably fall on October 11 to 14. We are ready to travel to Riyadh to join you guys.

Let us know the rules of your race in advance so we can prepare our kits. Will you allow 23T motors... at the moment we don't have stock 27T.

Also can we have a no limit modified race... I'm excited to use my Mamba Pro4 on your tracks.

Post also picture or layout of your tracks, also pics or video of your races here .... Cheers....

ramadan race: meron na kasi plan on going out for a vaction sa eid eh, so baka last week of ramadan yun race(nothing final pa naman)

motors: currently we are only running stock 27t and open modified

trak pics: will post it soon as may nahiram akong digi cam
Old 08-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, I need your advice. What's the best way to transport an unbuilt kit pauwi sa atin sa Pilipinas? Same question for a built kit. I'm contemplating on how I will take this and maybe another kit home.

Magkakaron ba ako ng problem sa airport and plane if I hand-carry an unbuilt kit in its box? What about a built one? Mejo nagaalala lang ako baka hindi ma-handle ng mabuti if i-baggage ko lang sya e.

tnx
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I have purchased kits in Hong Kong and Dubai, both build and un built. I have hand carried on the air craft and the most recent times I had to check them in as luggage. It think it depends on the Air line and the security level at the specific time.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by c-brain
Guys, I need your advice. What's the best way to transport an unbuilt kit pauwi sa atin sa Pilipinas? Same question for a built kit. I'm contemplating on how I will take this and maybe another kit home.

Magkakaron ba ako ng problem sa airport and plane if I hand-carry an unbuilt kit in its box? What about a built one? Mejo nagaalala lang ako baka hindi ma-handle ng mabuti if i-baggage ko lang sya e.

tnx
in past experiences bro, the airline usually asks me to check in the kit if the box is bulky... but if the kit is in a small box like the newer tamiya kits then it might not be an issue... unless you got too much hand carry stuff already...

what will be an issue though is the amount of parts on a kit that might be percieved by airport security as an in-flight risk (i.e. might be used as a weapon, or items sensitive to temperature or air pressure)

best way to go about this bro is to hand carry the bodyshell (security has no issue here) and just check in the kit with your luggage. just make sure to seal the box or better yet, pack it in a balikbayan box...
Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Friday RC jam

Guys... it was a great time yesterday in the rc field. The local started joining us in the race track, hopefully our numbers continue to increase.

It was a bit of a chaos and funny when all of our rc cars was running around or shall I say crawling on the tracks, he, he, he. Good thing was we all enjoyed bashing around. Especially when the local guys joined, having mechanical esc really was a handfull to drive... . Hope they always practice with us to get the feel of the track.

Still my car needs more setup (yellow with black hood), it still spin out coming from the straight very fast... really need to slow down on the corners.

I'll edit the video (too big for youtube) and post it later on... so we all have a laugh... cheers ...
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default re

@ Ricky,
wala na pambili ng pang-ahit e naubos na sa hobby text ko na lang si Junel. tnx

@Grizzle,
walang attachment?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Default camel picture

@diozxlive... Wala picture ng rc, video lang, kailangan edit sobra laki ng file. eto na lang muna... picture doon sa rc track kahapon... one of our guest. he, he, he.
Attached Thumbnails Saudi Arabia RC Club-img_2534.jpg  
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kumusta po Mga Kabayan

Hello mga Kabayan sa Saudi,

eto po ang contingent ng Dubai, sa Nad Al sheba po ito, dating Camel race track ngayon eh nailipat na. Marami pang absent kaya tatlo lang kami Pinoy ngayon.

About sa pag papauwi ng mga kits especially kung airplanes, Si Mang Rey yung naka Gray T-shirt nagpapa door to door siya ng mga built na RCplanes. Wala naman daw hazzles, yun nga lang almost US$200 yung shipping charges.

EKpilot
Attached Thumbnails Saudi Arabia RC Club-25082007332.jpg   Saudi Arabia RC Club-25082007334.jpg   Saudi Arabia RC Club-25082007335.jpg   Saudi Arabia RC Club-25082007336.jpg   Saudi Arabia RC Club-25082007337.jpg  

Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Default rc flying

@EKpilot... welcome to the thread sir, nice place you got there for flying rc planes...

We have also pinoy here who fly planes (diozxlive)... and another friend who flies rc helicopter. Although we are more into the rc car now, because of the restriction on importing equipment for rc flights. Still we are allowed to fly the planes in the rc field, but if you crash, lucky if you can get the parts... ..

Keep us updated on what's happening on your area regarding the hobby... cheers..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

@EKPilot, welcome to the forum sir nice Cessna 182 always wanted to have one. mejo mahirap ang RC Flight ngayon dito hirap kumuha ng fuel and hirap on-hold ang processing ng custom release papers for airplane kits. libang muna sa touring cars while saving for EP flight conversion... mahal ng lipos. Btw. big fan of your jets...

@Grizzle
Salbaheng guest yan nanguya pa habang nakatingin sa RC parang balak mag dessert ng touring car.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys, thanks for the advice. Will most probably just hand-carry the bodyshell. Did you place the shell inside a different box (say a shoebox) pa or okay na if I just carry it in a plastic bag?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default shipping

C-brain,
if you're sending something else home, why don't you ask your cargo agent to fabricate a wooden crate. i've shipped a bike to philippines and they charge 100 Riyals for the crate/labor. Your box is in prestine condition and certainly worth spending few riyals for the crate, if you want to keep it that way and If you're into NIB stuff. wooden crate would probably cost you 50Sr plus additional 2kg (7Sr/Kg cargo fee). charges might be cheaper if your sending something else aside from the kit.
Minsan mas bugbug pa un package kung sa accompany baggage kesa air/sea cargo.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Default rc baggage

I have carried my RC (kits and transmitter) and electronics like charger and batteries with me to Manila and back again here in Khobar through Bahrain airport without any issues.

With batteries, just make sure you insulate each one with electrical tape or anything similar to avoid short circuit specially the saddle pack style and then pack it separately.

With my rc I place the whole kit with electronics and shell in a box to protect the shell from crashing and then hand carry them. The batteries and transmitter it's safer as a check-in luggage to avoid more questioning.

Also put an RC magazine with your rc package it will help to explain what those items are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.