Nitro On-Road

Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys! anyone playing nitro this week or next week jp's track? let me know so that we can split the track fees thanks! cant wait to zoom zoom!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

http://youtu.be/1HosnbepPE0

Hi guys I had the track cleaned and treated. Now traction is around 70percent better. Changed the layout for nitro cars, fast, dangerous and thrilling!!! This was my 4th tank after some set up adjustments.

I play on weekdays or Sundays. Let me know when any of you want to play.

Thanks JP for the amazing track. It's super smooth!
Hope to see you all at the track soon!
Old 03-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all! I would like to start a list for a comeback nitro 10th scale touring race on any upcoming Sunday unless there is a scheduled EP race

1. gpxjoe

Race Date You Want:___________, 2015

2 Qualifying Heats at 5 minute heats
Christmas Tree format
Semi Finals 15minutes if more than 10 racers
A Final 25 minutes
All fees will go to JP Raceway.
I think it's Php 500 race fee.
Please bring receipts of your RC gear so that you can show Ramil (Track Caretaker)
Strict IFMAR 10th Scale IC Rules will be applied right from the first race.
Why?
So that
1. if you get better and represent the country someday, you will not have to adjust to international rules. and
2. Fairness.
Rules can be downloaded at www.ifmar.org
No Control Tire diameter and shore for this race so that you can buy from whoever you want except! (you know the track rules)
No Tire Additives for this race
Rubber tires allowed as mentioned in IFMAR rules.
Lap Penalties will be given if necessary so please drive responsibly.

10-10:05am Q1 Group 1
10:10-10:15am Q1 Group 2
10:20-10:25am Q2 Group 1
10:30-10:35am Q2 Group 2
10:36-12:59pm Lunch and Semifinal Preparation
1pm-1:05pm Semifinal A Warmup
1:05-1:20pm Semifinal A
1:30-1:35pm Semifinal B Warm up
1:35-1:50pm Semifinal B
1:50pm-2:20pm Break before Final A
2:20pm-2:30pm Top Qualifier Practice
2:30pm-2:35pm Warm up A Final
2:35pm-3pm A Final

Some tips: Tru your tires and charge your batteries before the race begins to prevent any delay. Any flame outs in the starting grid will give the "flameout-er" a one-time 5 minute delay but will start at the back of the grid.

The time of the race can be changed to later in the afternoon or night if most racers want but the schedule between rounds will remain the same. I think its better later in the afternoon so that the weather is not so hot?

Regards to All.

For Questions and Suggestions, you can contact me directly anytime at 0943 505 51 17 or 775 32 00.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all! I would like to start a list for a comeback nitro 10th scale touring race on any upcoming Sunday unless there is a scheduled EP race

1. gpxjoe

Race Date You Want:___________, 2015

2 Qualifying Heats at 5 minute heats
Christmas Tree format
Semi Finals 15minutes if more than 10 racers
A Final 25 minutes
All fees will go to JP Raceway.
I think it's Php 500 race fee.
Please bring receipts of your RC gear so that you can show Ramil (Track Caretaker)
Strict IFMAR 10th Scale IC Rules will be applied right from the first race.
Why?
So that
1. if you get better and represent the country someday, you will not have to adjust to international rules. and
2. Fairness.
Rules can be downloaded at www.ifmar.org
No Control Tire diameter and shore for this race so that you can buy from whoever you want except! (you know the track rules)
No Tire Additives for this race
Rubber tires allowed as mentioned in IFMAR rules.
Lap Penalties will be given if necessary so please drive responsibly.

10-10:05am Q1 Group 1
10:10-10:15am Q1 Group 2
10:20-10:25am Q2 Group 1
10:30-10:35am Q2 Group 2
10:36-12:59pm Lunch and Semifinal Preparation
1pm-1:05pm Semifinal A Warmup
1:05-1:20pm Semifinal A
1:30-1:35pm Semifinal B Warm up
1:35-1:50pm Semifinal B
1:50pm-2:20pm Break before Final A
2:20pm-2:30pm Top Qualifier Practice
2:30pm-2:35pm Warm up A Final
2:35pm-3pm A Final

Some tips: Tru your tires and charge your batteries before the race begins to prevent any delay. Any flame outs in the starting grid will give the "flameout-er" a one-time 5 minute delay but will start at the back of the grid.

The time of the race can be changed to later in the afternoon or night if most racers want but the schedule between rounds will remain the same. I think its better later in the afternoon so that the weather is not so hot?

Regards to All.

For Questions and Suggestions, you can contact me directly anytime at 0943 505 51 17 or 775 32 00.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Pitshop, Action Hobbies, Lil's Hobbycenter and others, please feel free to repost to your facebook pages.

oh I forgot! Fuel is available at Lil's hobbycenter 20% Cosmo Fuel. No Control Fuel except!(You know the track rules). If you don't know the track rules, you can PM or call me.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default P37

Protoform P37. Will try this next week!
Attached Thumbnails Nitro On-Road-imag1402.jpg  
Old 04-27-2015, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default Femca

My Femca Experience April 14-19 1/10 Touring Car Nitro

Wednesday
This day the track was available for free practice. I first tried my old 45 shore tires since I had a lot of it because I brought a bunch of them home from the worlds last year. The track was a little dusty and the 23 degree Celsius wind was a little strong that it affected the stability of the car. The 45 shore tires were very slippery, no grip at all. But for the sake of track time, I ran as many laps as possible to get used to the racing line and I finished one bottle of fuel that day. I also crashed because of not being used to the racing lines yet, broke a rear lower arm. Aside from this car was okay and durable to my surprise.

Thursday
More practice but I used 37 front and 40 rear with the same 60 62 diameter. Better. Laptimes were at 15.6 seconds but still far from Surikarn’s 14.3 seconds. Engine was running hot at 140 Celsius and I did not have enough punch in acceleration so I tightened the clutch to 1.4 mm. Although the car became a little Better. Outside temp was still cool at 23 degrees. I noticed that the other drivers were using 32 front and 35 rear but I was not sure how fast they were going since I did not see their laptimes. I saw the computer was set up the next day. I made sure that I could drive the car easily first before trying other softer tires since there was no more time left to test before qualifying day Friday. So I stuck with yellow ride springs, very soft but with hard oil 1000 cst all around.

Friday

There were 6 qualifying heats, the first four would be on Friday and the last two on Saturday together with the semifinals.

Qualifying started and on Q1, car was good, not too aggressive, but not too fast as well since with soft springs, I could not dive into the corner as fast as half of the drivers in my heat.

For Q2 I tried harder springs in the rear but the car became too twitchy that I almost spun out twice, had to correct the oversteer. I went back to yellow springs for Q3 and Q4.

The whole time in Q1-Q4, the temp of my Virtus was 135-140 Celsius. Very hot and yet I did not have enough bottom and mid end power compared to Surikarn’s Maxima tuned LegendRS which had a temp of 104 according to his mechanic, although I did not see it for myself.

Friday evening, Olivia and I were still at the track gumming, compressor cleaning, wiping the car and checking the last minute set up for the last 2 heats and the semifinal. We decided to go softer on the rear so 37 shore all around and see how Q5 went. We figured that with a softer rear tire compared to Friday’s performance, I should have more forward traction to hopefully go faster and more understeer and to counter that, I decreased the front droop to keep the front very low and to keep the weight at the front when accelerating so that the onpower steering will be more. Surikarn gave me one cgtg6 glowplug. He said it should run the engine cooler but it will have less punch. That was the plug he was using. I also changed the spurs from 58 54 to 59 and 55. Just before leaving, I saw a friend of mine checking his engine and he was using the exergen temp gun. So I asked if I could check his temp with his exergen and with my skyrc temp gun. His exergen was reading 10 degrees lower than my tempgun! And he also said that as the temp increases, the difference should be more, and less when the temp is less. So I concluded that my 140 could actually be 130, still hot but was wondering if I should lean the damn engine a bit more or not.
we left the track at 10pm with a 500 peso cab ride awaiting us going to the only hotel in town. Yikes by the way!

On the way to the hotel and before sleeping I reflected on that Friday, why I was clearly off the pace from the top 6 drivers. There were 21 drivers and I was running 13th over all I think. It was difficult not hearing the car run while many drivers were running as well because I could not know when the 2speed was actually shifting. But later that day Friday I also realized that it was shifting too early so we loosened the 2speed a bit as well.
We also decided to stick with the cgtf6 plug and not use the plug that surikarn gave me because in the event that the plug will detonate, I will not have another one to replace it. I later realized that that ctgt6 plug he gave me was not out in the market yet so there you go right!

Saturday
I decided to use the ctgif6 plug that the whole world has and lean the engine 2 more hours. Q5 was my fastest heat so far and clearly, the changes we made in the transmission, rear tire and front droop, engine tune paid off. I shaved 0.4 seconds off my laptimes and was running now on around 15.2 seconds instead of 15.6. The car would turn easily while gunning it. I did not have to let go so much on the throttle to put the nose of the car into the line. After Q5, and also after the previous heats, I noticed that sometimes the car’s settings would change. Like the camber and toe would change even with no bumping. Strange.

Q6 All the nerves have finally settled after 5 rounds of qualifying, I knew that I could already break the 19 lap barrier. We stuck with the same set up and the warm up was going well. When all the cars entered the pits, the MC started calling the car numbers one at a time to start the last heat. After he called out all the car numbers and all were running already, I clearly heard a “restart restart restart”. So I brought my car to the pits and I realized that I was the only one there. There was no restart!! I gunned it the whole way and I still managed 19 laps with a 15.1 best lap. I was faster but what I thought I heard about the restart threw away the heat. Maybe the MC was talking in Chinese and sounded like restart or something.

After Q6, it was clear to me where exactly I was slow, it was the front left right left chicane. I was afraid of gunning it more there because the curbs were like landmines that could clip the tires and chunk it. But the top drivers would gun that part. At that point I found it difficult to change my driving style in that chicane, figuring it would be a little too dangerouse to try driving that part differently for the first time in the semi final.

Semifinal
With Surikarn on my left at the driverstand, I could easily know where his car was at the track at all times. The car ran perfectly in the first tank and it started drizzling. When the pit stop was about to come, the top of the fuel gun got stuck and we could not put fuel into the gun. We ended up using the fuel bottle. At that point, just drive. Just drive. After this, I saw surikarn behind me so I moved to the outside to let him pass. On the outside I felt a dusty part and the car twitched a little and by the time I settled the car into the racing line, someone bumped me from behind, breaking my rear arm. Without any penalties called, GAME OVER. I did not break anything in Qualifying not even a tire chunk, the rear arm breaking had to happen in the semis! Grrr…hehe

That’s racing! Learned a lot and I hope you did too! Special thanks to Garet for a good talk that Friday or Thursday I think and to Roland for being there in semis day.

During the plane ride home, we felt a little sad because there was no nitro onroad racing to come home to in Manila.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

hi all i will be playing at jp raceway tomorrow if anyone wants to join
Old 09-13-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Guys check out the A Main final of the European Championships in Izmir Turkey last week! Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-on...g3cddxBdaIlmso
Old 10-01-2015, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

kamusta na mga nitroboys?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Laro

Hi please let me know kelan kayo laro sama ako

Hopefully a week in advance para i can have the track mopped and coked by my people 2 days before we play, with the permission of JP Reyes. My number is 09435055117.

Regards
Old 11-23-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Bros i will play on thursday at jp raceway. Will make a fast layout for nitro. Hope you guys can come
Old 12-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mga Brod, baka naman pwedeng malaman kung saan makakabili ng nitro fuel for on-road RC car 16%, yung pinakamalapit dito sa Batangas City.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Tao po.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mayroon bang nitro on road track sa Pinas?