Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Malta Guys Race Chat

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OK. JOE FIRST OF ALL HI AND THANKS FOR THE INFO . SECONDLY I THINK I JUST MIGHT STICK TO B , HEY FOR ALL YOU KNOW I COULD ACTUALLY WIN SOME RACES I WON'T JUMP THE GUN THOW AND BE TOO OVER CONFIDENT LIKE THE LAST TIME I WAS IN B . ONE LAST THING JOE HAVE THE RISTRICTIONS CHANGED FOR B CLASS . I KNOW I ASK ALOT OF QUESTIONS ITS BECAUSE I AM A BIT BEHIND ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP MAYBE I WILL COME DOWN TO THE TRACK ONE DAY WHEN I GET A MOTOR.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Hi Andrew,

The actual car regulations for all the classes have stayed the same. "C" class is now a seperate class, but we should have at least 2 heats of "B".

There are a few new bodies allowed, and we now have a battery top limit of 3000mah.

I have just received a fresh stock of 100 stock motors so that should see us through at least half of the season. Pick one up whenever you like.

I shall be at the track Tuesday evening, from about 6pm.

See you there.

Joe.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Joe.

How about the J.B.Cup?

Josef
Old 09-09-2002, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Hi Josef.

To date the situation is still the same.

We have three prospective competitors, Victor, Stanley and yourself. we need more before we go ahead with the class.

Regards

Joe.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there anyone want to challenge us in the J.B.Cup? Pls reply before end of September.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Joe,

Yesterday I was at the track in the afternoon and John Zammit of the BMX approached me telling me that it would be nice if some of us would go and spend some time at Mellieha on the 22nd September where there will be a road closed as part of the Day Free of traffic campaign. I told him that I cannot, but I assurred him to forward the invitation to you so that you can do something about it and the IRMCC will be present. He told me that some driving between cones will do.

Regards
Ray
Old 09-12-2002, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Ray,

I have already discussed this matter with John Zammit, and with a representative of Mellieha council, as well as some members of the committee.

Thanks for the info anyway.

regards

Joe.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GODWIN.

from

Joe & Joshua.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

A friend of mine (Marvin Clilia) has a Schumacher SST for sale. This car is equipped with everything i.e. Cyclone speed controller, KO 713 Servo and 40Mhz Am Acoms receiver + Transmitter. This car won the Modified Championship 4 years ago

Prices:
The car without the transmitter Lm100
The car with the transmitter Lm120
The car with transmitter + brand new 12x2 armiture + can Lm145

Also for sale Yokomo MR4 equipped with everything, no electrics
for Lm100 - ex Joe Filletti Car - Stock championship winner.

If interested contact me on 79734422

Regards
Ray
Old 09-22-2002, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default See you all soon !

Hi everyone ...

I decided to stop racing in the STOCK CLASS in the middle of last season and now I changed my mind again!

I am already waiting for my next touring car to arrive to Malta.
(I hope it does not take alot of time because the championship will start soon ... I suppose)

After setting it up carefully and practising a little bit, I will be ready to race again in the STOCK CLASS.

Maybe I will miss the first few races only.

Good luck to everyone and see all soon.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi

My name is jake zarb. I live in Australia and I do alot of racing I might be coming to Malta next year for a holiday. I was thinking of bringing my car.

Is there alot of racing in Malta and how many drivers do you get at a meeting.

zarbie
Old 09-23-2002, 08:41 AM
Regional Moderator

hey guys, is there race goin on soon. ?
somone told me some english guysare coming ovwer for a race?...i would like to take part...can have more info pls!?
thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 05:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Mark.

How are you? Nice to see you racing again with the stock motor. Hope to be with B drivers. C u.

(Which chassis are you going to use??????? )

Regards

Josef and Noel
Old 09-28-2002, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi ... Josef and Noel

I decided to start racing with the Tamiya TA04 then I changed my mind and if someone is interested to buy this car, please contact me by email ... [email protected] !

Hopefully I will have my new LOSI XXX-S early next week

When is the championship starting exactly ? I think that I will miss a couple of races

See you all soon
Old 09-30-2002, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys.

Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier but I have only just returned from my holidays.

ADAM. Yes, we hope to hold an international meeting on Saturday 12th, that's the day before our championship opener.

If we don't have a good turn out on the Saturday then the 4 English guys that are coming will simply race with us on Sunday.

The more the merrier!

I have just returned from Sicily where I did my best to publicise our club. I visited 3 circuits and managed to take photos at two of them. and also spoke to a number of persons involved in the organisation, and hopefully we will be able to visit them some time in the not too distant future.

The Tre Castagne circuit, near Catania is about the same size as ours, and has all facilities. It was used mainly for IC up until recently, but it is now gradually changing to electric, since it is near the village and people are complaining about noise, pollution, and all the other horrible things connected with IC.

That is obviously good news for us.

The circuit at Vittoria has meetings for both electric and IC. Again it is about the same size as ours, and has all facilities.

The Circuit at Nicosia is miniscule, yet 2 weekends ago they had a National meeting there for 1/8th and 1/5th IC.

The common denominator with all three is that they are financed and upkept entirely by the local councils. The local club committees simply tell the councils what they need, and it is done. You know, just like Malta, where we have to pay rent for the use of the land, pay our own electricity, and pay through the nose for any equipment we need, and that's apart from the fact that everything we import is taxed too.

There are other circuits around the Palermo and Messina areas but I have restricted myself to viewing the ones nearest to us.

I formed the impression that Electric is still quite new to the Sicilians, though it is catching on. Obviously noise still impresses them. The model shops there are not half as well stocked as we are here either, and seem to know very little about electric racing.

I will keep you informed.
Regards

Joe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.