Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysian Races

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
Atria race was a beginner race? means no old hands allowed? any more race coming in KL / PJ? will the atria race be a monthly thingy? any rules?
I don't thing is going to be a monthly thing. Cost is too high with the tent rentals, the AMB transponder system and etc. Maybe yearly or bi-annually would be good.

Besides, not all can afford to race monthly. Cost of tires, fuel and parts breakage and wear and tear needs to be considered.

Rules for the Atria race? Well basically the same everywhere here in KL / Malaysia. The car needs to be 200 mm, .12 engine, Sorex rubber tires, mind the frequency etc.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any electric races coming up?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lee82gx
Any electric races coming up?
Electric races are mostly closed races. Brand specific most of the time.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Malacca Race

hey hey hey !!!! how come all talking bout the pasir gudang race huh ???? malacca leh ??? malacca leh ? i asked many times liao leh....

Old 12-26-2002, 02:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Malacca Race

Originally posted by EiKuD
hey hey hey !!!! how come all talking bout the pasir gudang race huh ???? malacca leh ??? malacca leh ? i asked many times liao leh....

Ok EiKuD, you're in for a treat.

The race in Malacca will be held on the 28th and 29th December. Starts at about 12 pm on Saturday with 4 heats each. 7 minutes per heat. Sunday, the real race starts. Rubber tires only.

It looks like a lot of racers will go for the Malacca one instead of the one in Pasir Gudang because Ong Chee Yong will be present
Old 12-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey,

I am intrested with the malacca race. Can you tell me more about the race (rules and regulation as well as registration)?

To all, there might be a closed race at Genting next month (HPI only). Must go to experience cold racing
Old 12-26-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

KOOL...genting race...
Old 12-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default malacca race

any 1 dun mind tell me e venue of the race?? got e time, got the rules no venue how 2 race huh?

Old 12-27-2002, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

race in mallacca on 28/28.12 started at 12 noon..and will be held at Kotamas complex air keroh.aas i know about 50 racers will enter that race.about 40 racer registered at mallacca and K.L and about 10 more from s'pore...anyone from this forum join that race?
Old 12-27-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Malacca Race

who de @#$% is Ong Chee Yong???

Originally posted by InitialD
Ok EiKuD, you're in for a treat.

The race in Malacca will be held on the 28th and 29th December. Starts at about 12 pm on Saturday with 4 heats each. 7 minutes per heat. Sunday, the real race starts. Rubber tires only.

It looks like a lot of racers will go for the Malacca one instead of the one in Pasir Gudang because Ong Chee Yong will be present
Old 12-27-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

no prob bro..... so how was de Cen race in KL??? who won??? u or Julia? hehehe..... i'll be dropping by @ Tai Sing tomolo afternoon.... cya

Originally posted by RetroTamiya
Thanks for the info windtalkers but I will be heading for KL this Sunday with TaiSing guys for the CEN race. But the weather does not look too good these few days though.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: UTM Race

sorry dude.... couldn't pass u de info much earlier.... anyway, i'm glad tat i didn't make it to de race..... it was raining .... not heavy but enuff to wet de entire track..... got 2 esc burnt, some rx and servos gone too...... hell man..... de race kinda sucks..... ep only 9 fellas.... and tat includes de organisers (2 / 3 of them).......

it was held in Universiti Teknology M'sia, JB..... double sized tennis court..... surface kind of smooth.... it's not de rubberised type.... cement.. rough kind..... anyway not sure who won de gp class (out of some 40 fellas) ..... de ep was won by de organiser......

overall.... it was poorly organised tat's how i look at it...... ;(

Originally posted by EiKuD
windtalkers....thanks for the info given...but is the track bumpy or sandy ??? don't mind let us know....
Old 12-27-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Pasir Gudang Race 28/12 - 29/12

got some minor info....

GP 1/10

4 heats (3 on 28th & 1 on 29th)
1 / 2 finals (29th)

got some RM3000 cash prizes in total 2 be given out...

organiser: Niko Cheng / Speed something...

track: kinda huge on Kompleks Pusat Bandar Pasir Gudang car park.... guess must be outdoor then..... hear got ppl comig all de way from KL & even Taiwan.....

others: not sure.....

EP 1/10

Less than 20 kittens running..... 1st - RM100, 2nd - RM75 & 3rd - RM50.... open class.... no motor limit.......

tat's all i know..... cya
Old 12-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Malacca Race

Originally posted by Windtalkers
who de @#$% is Ong Chee Yong???
No need to be rude I've never seen him drive, but from what I heard, he's like one of the best, if not the best RC driver in the country for a number of years already.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

if i am not mistaken ong chee yong is driving a yokomo gt4..
am i right???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.