Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying Series 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CheeYong
Round 1 is confirmed.

Venue: The Oval ( new wing's concourse) of 1Utama shopping mall.
Date: 26th March'06
Track: Indoor carpet
Weather: cool, comfortable air-cond
Categories: buggies, stock and 4WD GT
Entry fee: RM70 per class
Closing of registration: 22nd March'06 (late entries will not be entertained)
All entries must be accompanied with entry fees.

Get ready for ACTION!

Cheers.
Wow.. RM70 for stock class too? That's a bit too much for beginner class right? Are there any freebies?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by oracle
Wow.. RM70 for stock class too? That's a bit too much for beginner class right? Are there any freebies?
considering that they are giving out handout motors, oklar.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi oracle,

Conboy's right, its a hand-out motor for the stock class. Also, organising a race in a concourse of a shopping mall simply cost a bomb. For round 1, the rental of the area alone is over 20K. Hope u understand, we are already absorbing the major part of it.

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

TAMIYA R/C ASIA CUP (MALAYSIA) QUALIFYING CHAMPIONSHIP 2006

4WD GT

CAR REGULATIONS ==================================

1. Cars eligible for qualification are TA04 chassis , TB02 chassis and
TA05 chassis only.

2. Super Stock 23T motor TZ and RZ are the only acceptable motors in this class.

3. Original Tamiya tires only.

4. Motor brushes must be from Tamiya.

5. Only original Tamiya spur gears and pinion gears are allowed.

6. Battery wires can be modified at the bottom of connecter to accept other types of speed controller connecters.Wire length must exceed 3cm.

7. Any Tamiya Hop-Up Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for.

8. All Tamiya car bodies must be painted.

9. Any attempt to modify or to influence the ability of the motor is not allowed. However, wires of speed controller can be soldered to motor.

10. Minimum weight of car ready to run is to be 1,500g.

11. Clearance under main chassis parts must exceed 5mm before the race.

12. Batteries: to be informed later

Issued on December 13th , 2005.

no esc mention? open esc? or same like tt01 class??? thanks....interested to take part.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hi oracle,

Conboy's right, its a hand-out motor for the stock class. Also, organising a race in a concourse of a shopping mall simply cost a bomb. For round 1, the rental of the area alone is over 20K. Hope u understand, we are already absorbing the major part of it.

Cheers.
Hi CheeYong. Sorry to sound cheap here. Just that guys like us who like RC but just got started in the hobby. So we have spend some money and as a beginner, i thought that maybe RM70 is a bit too much. But i didn't know that there is a handout motor on race day. Sorry as i haven't take part in a RC competition before. So please forgive my lack of knowledge in this.

Maybe all the rules for the competition are not clearly mentioned. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edwintklee
no esc mention? open esc? or same like tt01 class??? thanks....interested to take part.
Hi Edwin,

for the GT class the ESC is open. You can direct solder the motor wires but the battery connectors are to be tamiya style plugs

Regards
Old 01-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Oracle,

No worries. I fully understand. Feel free to ask anything which maybe unclear or u can even call me at 012-2108687.

Cheers.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Hi edwin,

only the stock class the esc is closed. Reason is bcos the esc comes with most TT01 kits and these kits r only retailing at RM499. Check it out with your LHS.

Cheers.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Oracle,

No worries. I fully understand. Feel free to ask anything which maybe unclear or u can even call me at 012-2108687.

Cheers.
Thanks CheeYong. I'm a newbie in 1/10th RC and this is the first big race that i will be participating. Me and my friend had spent a lot on cars and radios. Coz we thought that maybe the race would be a little cheaper to start off with.

Anyway, i would like to know if i can put some option parts like oil shocks, bearings, adjustable camber and adjustable toe to beef up my car for the race.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Oracle,

You can hop-up the car with those that you have mentioned as long as they are designed for n made for that particular by Tamiya. It is usually stated on the product label which car it is suitable or designed for.

Hope to see you at round 1.

Cheers.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Oracle,

You can hop-up the car with those that you have mentioned as long as they are designed for n made for that particular by Tamiya. It is usually stated on the product label which car it is suitable or designed for.

Hope to see you at round 1.

Cheers.
Hi CheeYong, i guessed that i can't use TRF shocks for my TT01 for the race then. That's too bad. No worries, you'll definitely see me in round 1. Me and my friend purposely bought ourselves a TT01 just to enter the race. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oracle
Hi CheeYong, i guessed that i can't use TRF shocks for my TT01 for the race then. That's too bad. No worries, you'll definitely see me in round 1. Me and my friend purposely bought ourselves a TT01 just to enter the race. Thanks.
Hi Oracle,

You can use the TRF shocks for the TT01, they are a legal upgrade for that chassis.

Cheers
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by viper1
Hi Oracle,

You can use the TRF shocks for the TT01, they are a legal upgrade for that chassis.

Cheers
Thanks for the great info for CNY. Hahhaha... Happy new year and Gong Xi Fa Cai to all Malaysian RC community GongXi GongXi
Old 01-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TT01 & TT01D

Hi edwin,

only the stock class the esc is closed. Reason is bcos the esc comes with most TT01 kits and these kits r only retailing at RM499. Check it out with your LHS.

Cheers.

HiChee Yong,

Based on price & value for money, should i go for TT01 or TT01D ?
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

HI Rossi,

Go for the TT01D. You will need to get a set of tires for the race and you are all set.

Cheers

Originally Posted by rossi46
HiChee Yong,

Based on price & value for money, should i go for TT01 or TT01D ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.