R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Malaysian R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers-48/)
-   -   Racing Techniques (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers/8379-racing-techniques.html)

horniez 09-30-2002 09:13 PM

Racing Techniques

Thought that creating this thread can help us race better...
:D

regards,
horniez

imataquito 09-30-2002 11:18 PM

hm ...... what techniques are there i dunno leh ......
all i know is let off trottle or brake b4 turn then turn and then accelerate out ....
its only where and when u do this .....
say braking later/sooner or accelerating sooner/later ..

:p:D :blush:

horniez 10-01-2002 01:33 AM

ah...

okie, i name a few techniques here...
i would need help from ijnek to correct me on the details...

The follower:
Like the name says, it's to follow the car in front of you, giving him lots & lots of pressure and 'force' him to make a major mistake so that he cannot catch up anymore...

Late Braking:
Scenario: Turning right
Say when u want to overtake the car in front, & there's some space on the right hand side, u take tat space and when it's very very near to the curve, brake hard and accelerate again.
If executed properly, you would cut off the line of the car infront...
but i think that there's a tendency of t-bone though if not done well, so boils down to pratice...

T-Bone:
just learnt wat it meant from imataquito, it's knocking into the side of the car infront when cornering so that u dun need to brake that much and can make the other car haf accident...
(NOT RECOMMENDED) - (NO SPORTSMANSHIP)....

Placing:
In a race, when u overtake the car infront is vital...
let's say that u r in 2nd place and the 3rd place is way behind you, u can try to overtake the 1st car with more guts. Cos if there's any accident, there would be some buffer time to recover...

but if it's a close call for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place... better to execute "The Follower" and wait for the 1st car to have accident so that u can overtake with ease....

Ya, this is my contribution...
Hope it helps...
hehehehehehhehe... :D

Open for my contribution ppl...
heheheheheehhe... :) :) :)

ijnek 10-01-2002 06:15 AM

i like the pressure tactic best...
i try 2 race clean n will 'punish' myself by staying off throttle for a moment when i'm at fault n caused an accident.

when we r practising,...even then no1 wan 2 b the 1st car,so we go "oh jump plus"...

stay kool n try 2 drive the best possible line...
when fighting for position,things do happen,...no1 2 blame,if wan 2 blame,blame the other ppl for not letting u win...hehee

imataquito 10-01-2002 08:17 AM

lol punish yourself ....
hehehe for me normally i will let the other party go or give more space to him unless... he slows down ... then i will accelerate ...

prefer to follow behind so i can practice overtaking .... quite hard with dual oneways ..... and i still need lots of practice on that .....

ijnek ... sorry for always coming up ur back ... but i do carry much coner speed and i dont have brakes :(:(

and when i see a small opening for me to overtake ... u always cover when i almost tru .... good tactic..... :D:D

yea things do happen and cannot blame anyone .... :D:D agreed
:nod:

i always belive if guy A dun crash into me it mite be guy B or C or D or E or F .......
and if its B which crash into me then it can also be anyone of the rest which mite just crash with me in a twist of fate ... :D:D

hehe it happens ...

i do respect roy 4 something .... hes fast and when we go side by side ... he dun make me spin ......
two thumbs up 4 him :D:D

ijnek 10-01-2002 07:07 PM

another part of dirty racing,...
blocking,...not exactly dirty,but it's a gd technique n especially useful when fighting for position,but u will have 2 watch ur own line also when using it...

horniez 10-01-2002 08:32 PM

Originally posted by imataquito
i do respect roy 4 something .... hes fast and when we go side by side ... he dun make me spin ......
two thumbs up 4 him :D:D

Ya, this i also respect him,
though i never race RC with him before,
but i got play Daytona 2 with him... He also never crash ppl in the game... Very good driver!!!
two thumbs & two toes up 4 him too!!! hehehehehhee :D :D :D

horniez 10-01-2002 11:37 PM

oh dear, seems like i'm out of ideas...
*sigh*

oh ya,
another technique is to bash up the driver of the car which is infront of you...
hahahahahha...

just kidding... :lol: :lol: :lol:

imataquito 10-02-2002 12:58 AM

gees daytona 2 .....
i am still beginer in daytona 2 ...
but daytona 1 i am ok in advanced circuit ...
gota practice and learn...........

:D:D
:blush:

blocking? not easy .... cause the back guy mite be just be a tad faster in turns and if hes using dual 1 way he has no brakes ... and u block u will cause a crash ...
and a crash is not advantageous to any of the parties involved when it happens :D

horniez 10-02-2002 06:17 AM

hahaha, i can teach u Daytona 2...
i very good at it liao, cos it's almost the oni game i play!!!
hehehehehehe...

just asking, how come a dual-1-way has no brakes???
:confused: :confused: :confused:

imataquito 10-02-2002 06:48 AM

hm....... ok ... maybe b4 u come back mite practice with roy....
hes also good i think.......
got lots to learn :D:D

dual one way makes the car run on rear wheel drive off trottle and if u hit brakes its the same as using handbrakes on a real car....
:D:D

horniez 10-02-2002 07:43 PM

OIC...

hmmm... so to 'brake' is just to let off the throttle & let the motor brake for u lar???
hmmm...
very interesting... :nod: :nod: :nod:

imataquito 10-02-2002 08:26 PM

no no ......... no brakes ...... just let the motor revs slow down by itself due to the load on the driveterain ...... so ... basically i just go off trottle and glide b4 a turn ... never use brakes ...

:D

horniez 10-03-2002 03:23 AM

hmmmm...
but i also almost never use my brakes when i drive my ta04r...
hmmm....
so i must train until i dun use the brake at all...
hehehehehe...

btw, can the ta04r install the dual one-way?

imataquito 10-03-2002 03:34 AM

can... can use dual one way on o4r ...
but i recomend that u try my 414m and see how it feels first ....
b4 getting dual one way ...
not everyone likes it .........:D:D
dun waste valuable resources ($$$) .... :D:D