Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Radio Control System - Stick type or wheel? >

Radio Control System - Stick type or wheel?

Radio Control System - Stick type or wheel?

Old 09-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radio Control System - Stick type or wheel?

Yo all!

Would appreciate for your opinion(s) on what type of radio control system (stick or wheel) which suits best for my Tamiya TG10- Mk.1 Subaru Impreza. What's the pro & cons of those types? What's the cheapest around?

Btw, I'm just planning to race for fun with my son!

Thanx in advance good people!!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:32 PM
tornado

its all about personal choice. though most of the fellows would tell you "...........get the gun, control and feels better........." but ponder this, Masami (world champ) and David Spachett........just to name the few, are using stick controller. ...........and they say ".................says who ?" to the above statement.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

cannot really say which is better...its up to personal preference and suitablle for each person..but majority of drivers in malaysia using the 'gun' type. but importantly whats suit u the best...enjoy
Old 09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No much of a difference really, long ago drivers been arguing the stick type got better control such as the throttle and the steering is too sensitive to handle. Overall had a advantage over the steering type. Most of the european uses stick.

But then came along the Americans who dominated the scene with the steering type. Equally good but a lot more smoother on the steering and since it never look back. Steering transmitter dominated the scene from there on.

Which is better ? Difficult to said, I am on a steering type basically using the stick type feels like I am flying a plane and not driving a car.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

I've tried both.
Started with a stick type, and found it difficult to drive. Swapped over to a wheel and it was much easier to learn.

From a practical point of view, if you're just learning to drive, get a wheel There are more features in a wheel type than a stick type. If you learn this type early on, you'll have more options when upgrading your radio at a later time.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Ooops forgot. There's someone selling a 3PDF-FM on the "RC equipments for sale" thread. This is a good radio, same one I started with. If you want something simple to use for cheap, its a good buy.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks good people!

ooge - I've read the stuff but it seems quiet expensive b'coz www.niko.com.my is selling at RM300.00 for a complete set! I think I'll go for the stick type...I heard it's less expensive.
Thanks anyway!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by steponit!
Thanks good people!

ooge - I've read the stuff but it seems quiet expensive b'coz www.niko.com.my is selling at RM300.00 for a complete set! I think I'll go for the stick type...I heard it's less expensive.
Thanks anyway!
Negotiate dude....... Can get the price down.
BTW..... I got no connection to the seller, just pointing you in the right direction

I think the one you were looking at on the website is the MJ. Its a different model (less features) That one is much cheaper secondhand)