Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore) >

Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)

Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)

Old 08-27-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)

Hi All,

After two hectic days, some updates for the folks back home on how Team Malaysia is doing. The days are run with clock work precision and begins at 7:30.

Now this is how they stand:

1) Ong Chee Yong (Qualified A-Main 5th GT Class)
2) Norazam (Qualified A-Main 2nd Stock Class)
3) Zahari (Qualified B-Main 2nd Buggy Class)

I will post pics once i have sorted out the photos in my drive.

Cheers
Old 08-28-2005, 06:01 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

did i hear yokomo rambling somewhere LOL!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Friends across the courseway,thanks for coming down to Singapore for the TAC.Hope everyone had a good time in Singapore.

Hope to see you all again.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

Some delay from Lady Luck's arrival in the finals. we were very poised to finish with tickets to Japan. Alas we were just close and no further.

Stock Class:

Despite having the fastest car on track Azam had some bad luck in the first run and was knocked down from 2nd place all the way to last after a run in with the race leader. He then fought all the way to pip the second place car at the last corner to finish 2nd. He was then the benchmark in the other finals and was not quite as lucky and only managed to finish 4th. In The last final he held on and drove home comfortably in 2nd.

HE was 2nd overall. The day he arrived he was an underdog whom no one thought would be a threat. By the end of the 3rd heat He was already the talk of the race. He came with a car that had only 3 optional parts :

1) Ball Bearings
2) Alluminium Centre Shaft
3) TRF Flourine coated shaft.

At the end of the 4th Heat they had a hard time trying to find the root cause of his speed and even had to strip his car. Little did they know the secret of his speed was his mechanic (Azahar, without whom Azam's performance would not be possible) and his driving skill.

Congratulations Azam (Enjoy your TA05 Prize) and Azahar for a Race well done.

GT 4WD.

This class was one of the most competitive class of the Race. With 20 drivers all of whom were of professional calibre. Chee Yong had a difficult time ahead of him. He arrived on practise day with only one run to a car that he did not even assemble. He had a lot of work to make the car stick. He did so with pure professionalism. He always looked to be in contention but only luck was missing from the race. Chee Yong even managed to sneak in a win in the second final and it was a 4 way fight to the finish in the third run. Alas his luck too did not hold well. Nonetheless he did a phenominal job in securing 4th overall.

Buggy:

He is a late bloomer as Zahari himself pointed out. And indeed he was. He was untouchable in his B-Main run. His luck came a little late but nonetheless showed up and gave him a driving in a class of his own. He secured 1st in B-Main and with a margin of about 1/2 a lap.

In the lucky draw Zahari, Norazam and myself were lucky and got ourselves some option parts as a bonus. I would like to extend my thanks to the team for their efforts and their wins. Should all things work out we will be running teh Tamiya series in the coming year for the selection of drivers to the next TAC in 2006 (Thailand)

Cheers
Old 08-29-2005, 01:20 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viper1
... only 3 optional parts :

1) Ball Bearings
2) Alluminium Centre Shaft
3) TRF Flourine coated shaft.
+ blue ballstuds

with or without all those...he's an awesome driver
Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Ola Ola Orang Key El!!! What time Azam reach perak ah? He told me he got to pick up his children straight after the party. Hope he's safe and reach home soundly. Azahar's cute, cool and botak head was always the centre of attraction everytime I look up from my pit table.
Zahari's run in the finals was something remarkable and left me with a very deep impression that outtathebox stock buggy can win race!!!

All in all, Azam, thanks for the pack of ciggy. Terima kasih lah kasi rokok... biasa ah... hujung bulan kan.. MuahAHahahhahahhahA!!

If Zahari's reading this, u remind me of my cikgu bola/melayu kat sekolah dulu.. nama dia Sies Senan. Botak tengah tuh memang sejibik!!!!

-Hairulnizad Md Nor @ nixaad
Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

pics of team malaysia just before they embark on their journey back home...you guys did great man...see you during the femca!

many thanks to chee yong for his help in the setup for the car....you are the man mate...
Attached Thumbnails Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)-team-malaysia.jpg  
Old 08-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

these are the couple of pics i have for you guys...
Attached Thumbnails Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)-golden-handshake.jpg   Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)-s-2nd-round-win.jpg   Team Malaysia In Tamiya Asia Cup (S'pore)-stock-podium.jpg  
Old 08-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

ok selamat sampai kl. terima kasih hairul bagi pinjam tyre warmer. Sampai kl jam 4 a.m. 10 a.m. balik perak, sampai kl balik 5 p.m. Nanti bila bila senang datang kl . call la.. 019-3114549 azam
Old 09-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ammaramira
ok selamat sampai kl. terima kasih hairul bagi pinjam tyre warmer. Sampai kl jam 4 a.m. 10 a.m. balik perak, sampai kl balik 5 p.m. Nanti bila bila senang datang kl . call la.. 019-3114549 azam

Insya Allah....

(dah sebulan baru jawab post nie.. MuaahahAHhahah)