Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KJ
These are the A main results. I don't have a shot on the Final compiled version.

Overal is:
1) Hiroshi
2) Alan Yau
3) Meen
4) Surikarn
Do you have B main photo ?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 AM
KJ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKRCMODEL
Do you have B main photo ?
These are B and C main results
Attached Thumbnails FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)-p1010077_resize.jpg   FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)-p1010078_resize.jpg   FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)-p1010079_resize.jpg   FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)-p1010080_resize.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JeremyLee
Latest News, We would like to thank our Malaysian Authorities in helping out promoting this Asian Biggest Event ever. Please take note that our Malaysian Goverment has decided to do a major resurface to the track in Early October 2005. The track will be closed till the opening of 2005 FEMCA ISTC CHAMPIONSHIP in December. If you can for all local Malaysians and nearby FEMCA countries please take this opportunity to try out the Kota Raja Speedway at the 2005 Pre-FEMCA ISTC Championship Race, before it's closed for renovations. Included in the Renovations list will be Resuface with fine asphalt, New Pit Area for Drivers, Air Conditioned Room for Race Directors and Transponder Systems, Transmitter Compound Area, Notice Board Area, relocation of Pit-Shop, Refencing and repainting for all areas.

cheers

We hope that one fine day a distance not too far away we will host IFMAR World Championship in Malaysia

In Malaysia, such representations are commonlly known to be made by members of NATO - A suppossedly non-profit organisation comprising of people who consistently adhere to the notion of - 'No Action, Talk Only'. May god have mercy on them for their ignorence.

Last edited by Edwin Lee; 12-15-2005 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MTX3-B

whatever said and done, and despite the shortcomings, a pat on the back should be given to the organisers of the race...a big event of such. This is only the beginning for better things to come in our RC world...we hope so.

Just my thoughts....

I hate to be a pessimist here but, seriously ... I think we have just lost our (rare) opportunity for better things to come and at this juncture, I can only hope that Malaysia/Malaysians will not be remembered by people in the RC world as "Oh the FEMCA screw up!!" or "yeah, the one that Hara got pissed n walked away" or worst still "The hopeless Malaysian Organiser!".

Well like all Malaysians, we never fail to c light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully, after all this there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Just that the journey may be longer than usual!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Despite the shortcomings, there is still time to smile ... thats the true Malaysian spirit!!
Attached Thumbnails FEMCA Race in Malaysia (Dec 2005)-jacky-femca-post.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 AM
PRO
Tech Initiate

Edwin Lee,

you must be joking! You are a classic example of what you have just mentioned! Get out of here man! a role model of hypocrite!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jets
Just to help FnF abit. I got only a few pics and a Happy Hara on Thursday practise before all the screw ups, sturborness and ignorance of Mr.Organizer. I was there on Monday and in the end I looked at the plastic trophies and sigh.....
Jets..

I read that the race was screwed up by organiser... I was not there, what actually happened? Who is this poor organiser?

I remember Mugen Cup 2005 Organised by HPC.. It was well organised, Penang MPPP 2004, 2005 did well too.. Why dont other inexperience organiser (or organiser to be) just get their advice or cooperate with them..

Well... our RC community felt ashamed of what had happened..
Old 12-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

This happened

:
:
:
V
Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

This happened:

Originally Posted by viper1
Hi Guys,

I resisted posting till now because i thought the Organizer would come in and say something. First off the power did cause mayhem on the first day but was subsequently solved for the remaining days. Hara and Miura did withdraw from the race after the first heat because it was not in accordance to the rules that they has come to know from his many races held using those rules. Hara did tell both myself and OCY that he is still very fond of Malaysia and would like to come back regardless of how dissapointed he was with the organization of the race. The organizer did not have proper planing in the scheduling and due to poor PA system many of the drivers including myself were left wondering what time what would start.

The spacing of the timing was very poorly done and i learnt of a few drivers, including myself missing their heat because of poor spacing in between the heats that did not allow their batteries to be charged fully. There was no allocation of time for lunch on the qualifying day on saturday.

Most of scheduling was done by miura upon seeing the flaws in it, my hats of to him for taking the effort to plan the scheduling which was supposed to be done by the organizer properly.

I think the RC community that came to this race basically came together and tried to help salvage what was left of the race and did a very good job. A group of us (Team Managers, I was misled by Mr OCY to take up the role) managed to help pull it through.

My opinion was that the organizer could have done alot more to salvage the situation from a bad start. I personally did not see the co-operation forth coming nor was his demeanour pleasant towards the people that was trying to help salvage the situation.

My thanks also to Oscar and Hara who tried to help all the racers with their queries and I even saw hara tuning OCY's DC motor to help him get more speed. Oscar even went out of his way to locate OCY to return him the motor in time for his next run. On Sunday when the rain ruled out any runs Oscar did give a group of us a clinic on motor tuning (V2 of course) and selection. Many got an insight into what he does when he tunes his motor and what to do to get more speed or torque.

for the RC community it was a success to see the bonds that was formed and the team work that resulted. However as a country i am a little sad that this was the result of our first FEMCA. Some of the race sponsors i spoke too were delighted at the team spirit and bonds formed but were dissapointed at the way the race was held.

On A final note, there are lots of lessons to be learned from this one race and i truly hope that we will not have such an ordeal again.

Regards
Old 12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edwin Lee
In Malaysia, such representations are commonlly known to be made by members of NATO - A suppossedly non-profit organisation comprising of people who consistently adhere to the notion of - 'No Action, Talk Only'. May god have mercy on them for their ignorence.
NATO - A word which perfectly matched the " ORGANIZER..."
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Who's who in our Malaysian Forum

Viper1 - Mr. Leonard Kee - Tamiya Team Malaysia, Business partner of a new company Stargek, New Distributor for Tamiyas in Malaysia.

Trueno - Mr. Kamarulzaman, Ex-committee member of RCMRC, EX- AJK - Ahli Jawatan Kuasa of RCMRC.

Edwin Lee - Secretary of MARCC, or committee member of MARCC.

KJ - VXR Racing Team, or owner of VXR.

Fas N Furious - Mr. Suah Kim Heng - business partner of VXR Racing.

Jets - Lim Tau Jiah - EX- Owner of RCpitstop in One Utama Shopping Complex.

Syaf - Southern Representative of RCMRC

Tornado - Bryan Lee, a family man

Bundyman- Brian?

twocents - ?

MTX3-B - ?

PRO - ?

Jap TC3 -?

Last edited by JeremyLee; 12-16-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Viper1 - Mr. Leonard Kee - Tamiya Team Malaysia, Business partner of a new company Stargek, New Distributor for Tamiyas in Malaysia.

Trueno - Ex-committee member of RCMRC, EX- AJK - Ahli Jawatan Kuasa of RCMRC.

Jets - Lim Tow Jia - Still Owner of RC Pitstop in One Utama Shopping Complex.

Bundyman- Mr.Wong

twocents - ?

MTX3-B - ?

PRO - ?

Jap TC3 -?
Let me help you abit. There are some mistakes. And you are who Jeremy?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Bundyman- Brian?

twocents - ?

MTX3-B - ?

PRO - ?

Jap TC3 -?

JEREMY LEE - Committee Member of RCMRC (Current Secretary of RCMRC). and Committee Member of MALAYSIAN FEMCA RACE 2005
Since you are posting about who's and who in Malaysian Forum... I'm a bit surprise to see that your name is not there...
So I feel that is also good to add your name here as well so people would know Who's & who in the Malaysian Forum...

Tq...
Old 12-15-2005, 11:48 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Trueno - Ex-committee member ...
wow Trueno .... u ex-comm?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bundyman- Brian?

twocents - ?

MTX3-B - ?

PRO - ?

Jap TC3 -?
Jeremy Y are you posting this for, please read through agian, did I comand any think at this thread, I just posted some photo at the racer area... Do you mean you don't like it? If yes, than is find..... I will appologize what ever I had done wrong to you. Sorry..... Cabut.!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.