Is EP TC racing dying?

Old 01-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Is EP TC racing dying?

Calling all EP TC RCers/owners out there ... where are you??

I started racing EP TC actively since November 2003 and had lots of fun since then. However, it seems to me that the number of EP TC Rcers are getting less by the day. Those days, when I visit the track in Subang on Tuesdays and Thursday nights, there were at least 10 RCers at the track. I remembered Glenmarie track was packed with Rcers during friday and saturday nights. I was one of the regulars then. However, since the close of the Glenmarie track, I noticed that many Rcers had dissappeared. Where are they?? Have they given up the hobby?

The EP TC scene is certainly dying a natural death. Why? I think the following are several factors which may have caused the dissapearence of EP Rcers:-

1. Very costly to maintain competitive EP Racing
2. Condition of Subang track deteriorating - Hobby Haven, pls do something
3. Close down of Glenmarie track - HPC do something quick!!
4. Too many GP racers at Kota Raja Track
5. RC politics??
6. Interest changing to 1/8 buggy racing?
7. Lack of good EP tracks/ night tracks

Whatever the problem is ... the EP TC scene is certainly dying. In Penang, its already dead. There is a nice track at TECS but NO ONE plays there. Its a sad story ... if you talk to the track owners there.

Well, at the rate it is going, I think this situation will continue to deteriorate. Whatever the problem may be, if the problems are not addressed, the LHS will be the first ones to be hit. Its also sad to hear that one LHS in Jalan Ipoh had closed down.

But there is still hope ... hopefully the coming National Championship in Kuala Kangsar will help spur some interest in the EP TC racing scene. All EP TC Drivers ... c u there!

Lets' identify and discuss the problems associated with EP TC Racing here and hopefully some solutions can be found.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Old 01-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

So Edwin, when are you switching to GP 1/10th or 1/8th Off Road
Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Is EP TC racing dying?

Originally posted by Edwin Lee

The EP TC scene is certainly dying a natural death. Why? I think the following are several factors which may have caused the dissapearence of EP Rcers:-

1. Very costly to maintain competitive EP Racing
2. Condition of Subang track deteriorating - Hobby Haven, pls do something
3. Close down of Glenmarie track - HPC do something quick!!
4. Too many GP racers at Kota Raja Track
5. RC politics??
6. Interest changing to 1/8 buggy racing?
7. Lack of good EP tracks/ night tracks
I find no. 4 amusing...
Ok...any solution to that, anyone??
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Switch to GP

I'd like to have a go on GP1/8 some day ... when my budget permits .... but for now, I'll stay with EP TC for a while ... invested too much to drop it or swithc to GP.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Is EP TC racing dying?

Originally posted by tommi
I find no. 4 amusing...
Ok...any solution to that, anyone??
Amusing as it may be ... it's really a problem. Many EP cars were trashed at the Kota Raja track and this had deterred some EP Rcers to play there.

One solution could be EP an GP Rcers take turns to run their cars. After all EP cars would barely last 8 minutes per run. Perhaps the EP and GP racers should come to an understanding on this when there are say 3 or more EP cars at the track. Let the EP Racers run peacefully without any fear of being trashed by a 1/8 GP monster!

Last edited by Edwin Lee; 01-12-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Yup, you've got a point there! I think GP 1/8th cars are not suitable for the KRS, a little too big and dangerous for the smaller cars
Old 01-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Switch to GP

I'd like to have a go on GP1/8 some day ... when my budget permits .... but for now, I'll stay with EP TC for a while ... invested too much to drop it or swithc to GP.
Friend, just like stock market, if on a losing trend, better switch early to cut losses
Old 01-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Switch to GP

Originally posted by BundyMan
Friend, just like stock market, if on a losing trend, better switch early to cut losses
In stock market play, you only cut losses when you think there is no more hope in the stock. But in EP ... there's Chee Yong, Andy and Jacky ... hence there's still hope.

Besides, no need to cut losses if I am still having fun in EP. Unless I am the only one left playing EP ...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Re: Is EP TC racing dying?

Amusing as it may be ... it's really a problem. Many EP cars were trashed at the Kota Raja track and this had deterred some EP Rcers to play there.

One solution could be EP an GP Rcers take turns to run their cars. After all EP cars would barely last 8 minutes per run. Perhaps the EP and GP racers should come to an understanding on this when there are say 3 or more EP cars at the track. Let the EP Racers run peacefully without any fear of being trashed by a 1/8 GP monster!
I play @ KRS.....no problem so far. I've invited you to Atria on Sundays. Join us one of these Sundays leh......& you'll see EP is still alive & kicking here. Lotsa fun too.

We have a couple of yoks, pro4s, X-rays, AEs and hobao EP too.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 PM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Switch to GP

Originally posted by BundyMan
In stock market there is no need to cut loss even if the market is down. I've learned and practiced to make money either way....market up or down you still make money.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Re: Switch to GP

In stock market play, you only cut losses when you think there is no more hope in the stock. But in EP ... there's Chee Yong, Andy and Jacky ... hence there's still hope.

Besides, no need to cut losses if I am still having fun in EP. Unless I am the only one left playing EP ...
I for one thing won't follow the taikos.......... I'll just go where the all the action and most important thing ...where the fun is.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Is EP TC racing dying?

Originally posted by tornado
I play @ KRS.....no problem so far. I've invited you to Atria on Sundays. Join us one of these Sundays leh......& you'll see EP is still alive & kicking here. Lotsa fun too.

We have a couple of yoks, pro4s, X-rays, AEs and hobao EP too.
Tornado, you must be the lucky few or must be damn fast ... even the GP cant catch up with you. All sponsored drivers that I know had at least one bad experience at KRS, either being hit by a wild GP car or frequency clashes.

I will certainly visit Atria soon. Need to seek out a new playgound since the close of Glenmarie.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Switch to GP

Originally posted by tornado
I for one thing won't follow the taikos.......... I'll just go where the all the action and most important thing ...where the fun is.
That I agree with you, if you are happy with what you have now, stick with it, whether its EP or GP. If you follow the so called trends, can die wan GP1/8th, then now off-road 1/8th...and etc. Just look at the this website and see where there is most traffic...still 1/10th touring!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:09 PM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is EP TC racing dying?

Tornado, you must be the lucky few or must be damn fast ... even the GP cant catch up with you. All sponsored drivers that I know had at least one bad experience at KRS, either being hit by a wild GP car or frequency clashes.

I will certainly visit Atria soon. Need to seek out a new playgound since the close of Glenmarie.
Actually one must pick the time to play at KRS. So far we found Sat. mornings are best for EP outings. There will be a few GP boys around but we do respect each other as when they are running we wait and they'll wait for us when we run.

A couple of our kakis installed 10T and BL to run together with them and they could actually keep up with them...as the GPs could pull away a little on the straight but not blown away. When they turn into the infield we are the ones blowing them off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service