Search

1/10 & 1/18 RC Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation 1/10 & 1/18 RC Drifting

Hi all...

Calling all the drifting kaki to gather in this thread... Anybody??
I am sure there are drifters in this this forums... so.. lets kick some @ss!!!!

I own the Alex Racing R2 and the XRAY Micro... Currently may drift with the micro first....
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

My M18 is ready to drift... just need some kaki to hit it on...

aiyoo... look see look see only arr???? nobody play micro meh???
Old 11-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
My M18 is ready to drift... just need some kaki to hit it on...

aiyoo... look see look see only arr???? nobody play micro meh???
Hi speed demon,

did i see 1/18 drifting??? interesting... i want to try to drift.

i will be getting some battery cells soon. just enough to make one pack. want to save money to get a better one so i ll be meeting with you guys up soon. dont worry furtive zero, i havent forgot about you.

hmm.... do you still have any extra pvc tube? maybe you can sell me some so i can make one set of drifting wheels?

cheers~~
Old 11-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Default PVC Drifting tube

Boyd..

I've completed making my own drifting wheel using PVC tube that I got from a hardware shop.. it is sold at 50cents a foot and it is used for plumbing... not sure how durable it is but manage to do for 4 wheel to test..

I did try to drift at home on a marble surface... and cool... the car can drift but I still have to get used to the throtle thingy... a little too much you go donut.. a little less you understeer..... Car setting is also another thing to do.. havent got a option spring yet...I wonder when they gonna bring in those option spring for Xray M18

Maybe PVC is more suitable for asphalt surface....
for marble and carpet... maybe the heat shrink tube is okay.. but still need to try..

Attached is the pic of the drift wheel that I have made..
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 & 1/18 RC Drifting-pvc-drift-wheel.jpg  
Old 11-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

another pic
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 & 1/18 RC Drifting-pvc-drift1.jpg  
Old 11-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

one word speed,

they are awesome<well maybe 3 words, heheheh >. what size are those PVC tube? im going to get one right after my exam, tomorrow.

i have to meet you real soon. i want to see and play drift drift with your micro. very very nice job.

do you need to put some glue?? mind to explain how you do it? does the pvc give a good fit over the rims??

cheers~~
Old 11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
one word speed,

they are awesome<well maybe 3 words, heheheh >. what size are those PVC tube? im going to get one right after my exam, tomorrow.

i have to meet you real soon. i want to see and play drift drift with your micro. very very nice job.

do you need to put some glue?? mind to explain how you do it? does the pvc give a good fit over the rims??

cheers~~
Regarding the size of PVC tube... get the one that have an ID (inner diameter) of 30.5mm... and iff possible get those with thicker wall.. maybe around 4mm.. I belive those are PVC tube for high pressure plumbing pipe...

1. Cut the tube at the same width of your wheel.. remember to cut it straight... bengkok tak mau!! not nice...

2. clean all the burr and chamfer the outer edge .. you dont want your car to flip or run out of driff when the edge get stuck on something...

3. Push in the wheel inside the tube- this should be tight fit and not very loose or very tight..and make sure it sit flat on both side..

4. Now.. with a CA, just put a small drop on 4 corner of both side... no need to run bead all over as we are not running rubber...

5..charge your battery...while waiting for the glue to dry.

6. once the glue dry... replace your rubber tyre with your new PVC wheel..

7. and I can imagine how your face look!!!! cant wait to drift huh.....

Good luck... and let me know...

cheers..
Old 11-22-2004, 06:13 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Speed Demon...long time no see!

Nex time when u come JB, PM me or call adrian...have kopi-0 session and then if possible...show off to us some drift actionler...

muacks muacks!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

I just seen speed car on Singapore thread.
One cool looking skyline R34.
With headlights and brake lights.
YummY yum yum
Old 11-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Hi ruD , AdR|aN,..

thnks... well.. no problem... last time I come our bro, adrian is missing dunno go where....
I'll definately going to JB again.. but still can show you a drift action yet... still practising lerr...

Are you guys coming for the Sepang Race???

come larr... fun fun oni mahh....
Old 11-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
Regarding the size of PVC tube... get the one that have an ID (inner diameter) of 30.5mm... and iff possible get those with thicker wall.. maybe around 4mm.. I belive those are PVC tube for high pressure plumbing pipe...

1. Cut the tube at the same width of your wheel.. remember to cut it straight... bengkok tak mau!! not nice...

2. clean all the burr and chamfer the outer edge .. you dont want your car to flip or run out of driff when the edge get stuck on something...

3. Push in the wheel inside the tube- this should be tight fit and not very loose or very tight..and make sure it sit flat on both side..

4. Now.. with a CA, just put a small drop on 4 corner of both side... no need to run bead all over as we are not running rubber...

5..charge your battery...while waiting for the glue to dry.

6. once the glue dry... replace your rubber tyre with your new PVC wheel..

7. and I can imagine how your face look!!!! cant wait to drift huh.....

Good luck... and let me know...

cheers..
i see. can you sell some cut PVC for me? cause i dont have the proper tools to do the cutting process

do you intend to do some "thread" on your pvc to have some traction and look? do the V shape gap and then put rubber band in it so you can get good speed for drifting. big block is very good to use at drifting, high torque and good amount of speed

check out this link dont know whether you know this link before
drift tips n tricks
Old 11-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

i see. can you sell some cut PVC for me? cause i dont have the proper tools to do the cutting process

do you intend to do some "thread" on your pvc to have some traction and look? do the V shape gap and then put rubber band in it so you can get good speed for drifting. big block is very good to use at drifting, high torque and good amount of speed
boydnhl. You don need speed if you want to drift. All you need is those pesky PVC pipes and of you go.

For EP. Mabuchi 540 motor is the best.
For GP, still no idea.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

check out this link dont know whether you know this link before
drift tips n tricks
nice links you got there....

I dont have to sell it to you... if you want, I can prep a set for you to try... we have to try a few type to get the best one... as I said earlier.. I want to try the one that have a thicker wall.. so it compensate the rubber tyre height.then the ride hight is similar to using a rubber tyre...

let me know how I can pass it to you...

Adrian... we are going to drift the 1/18 scale... wanna join??? since you are the XRAY kaki... get M18 loh...I use Orion Big Block Modified motor...

For GP... I guess use the 8port Turbo with as much as power they have and drift with rubber tyre is good... I think so
Old 11-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Glad that you like it.

if you want i can post a like where there is this person drift his 1/8 nitro with lola body on track. very nice but he lost the speed. hehehe...

i think you might have know it. check this out, http://www.egrracing.com/mart/produc...roducts_id=385 . an aftermarket sway bar for m18. very very nice. maybe you can drift better with one of this

wow, that will be great thank you very much, speed. well if you want, we can try to meet up and have some fun with our micro.i want to see your car, in person hehehe... look very nice. i will be getting some loose cells from tornado and building my own 7 cells. i hope soon after that, i will be able to own some batts and a good charger that can charge 8 cells. i cant stand to see my beloved micro staying put just like that.

yeah, adrian. if you want to involve in micro. dont get micro rs4. it has less tuning options. if m18 is out when i bought my rs4. i will go for m18. but now, im too into my micro rs4 so i cant just leave it there. no choice for me so i am constantly looking for option to tune my rs4.

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-23-2004 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

that sway bar definately looks tempting... but the price is on the high side....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.