Who Has Been A Marshall Before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Has Been A Marshall Before?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

Originally posted by InitialD
Ball guard? The one hockey goalkeepers put into their trousers to protect the PRECIOUS?

Hahaha... come on guys, just imagine having all those things stuck on your body & you haven't even started running to the cars yet!!! Imagine having Sumo Wrestlers as the Marshalls! Hahaha

One thing for sure, there should be a standard 'must-have' briefing on marshalling before the race started. Even though the rules of marshalling are standard everywhere, but not the marshalls themselves, they come in all size & attitude. Organisers have to be firm with the marshalls. No hanky-panky or 'komplot' against rivals. No slacking, no smoking, no slippers, no talking/gawking, no screaming.

Furthermore, different tracks have different spot for marshalls.

One little issue, if a car is immobilise, where should it be placed? At the track side, in the island in the middle of the track or where? If it's being placed outside of the track, can the mechanics go across the track (shortcut) or do they have to go round the track to the place?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

Originally posted by Jamal D'Maz
One little issue, if a car is immobilise, where should it be placed? At the track side, in the island in the middle of the track or where? If it's being placed outside of the track, can the mechanics go across the track (shortcut) or do they have to go round the track to the place?

i think on my opinion... if the car STOPS after accident and what ever the state of the car..... marshall shall pass the car to the PIT CREW.... its up to them to repair the car or not for further racing....

and dont carry SHARP stick such as body reamer or screw driver and put it in the pocket.... dangerous!!!! use a blunt stick to STOP the flywheel of the engine when needed.

mop
Old 11-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

Originally posted by mop_iko
i think on my opinion... if the car STOPS after accident and what ever the state of the car..... marshall shall pass the car to the PIT CREW.... its up to them to repair the car or not for further racing....

and dont carry SHARP stick such as body reamer or screw driver and put it in the pocket.... dangerous!!!! use a blunt stick to STOP the flywheel of the engine when needed.

mop

I thought marshalls are not allowed to leave his place during a race. What he can do is to place the car at the nearest outside track. I don't really know the normal thing being practise here. What I saw in EP races nowadays, they will do as you suggest.

As for the cutting out the engine, maybe can use the tip of your shoe sole.

Ciao
Old 11-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Professional Marshalls

How many is ideal for a proper race, EP or GP? In my opinion, 5 is just nice, given the type of tracks we have in the country.

What do you think of a professional group of marshalls? The charges will be taken care of by the organiser themself. Each member of 5 marshalls will be given an allowance of, let's say, RM50 (for the whole duration of the race or per day) plus food & drinks.

The Protem Committee of MARCC is thinking having such a setup for the coming 2005 EP MNC. Maybe we should give it a try. With a professional & independent group of marshalls should be able to solve a lot of problems encountered in the past.

Ciao
Old 11-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Professional Marshalls

How many is ideal for a proper race, EP or GP? In my opinion, 5 is just nice, given the type of tracks we have in the country.

What do you think of a professional group of marshalls? The charges will be taken care of by the organiser themself. Each member of 5 marshalls will be given an allowance of, let's say, RM50 (for the whole duration of the race or per day) plus food & drinks.

The Protem Committee of MARCC is thinking having such a setup for the coming 2005 EP MNC. Maybe we should give it a try. With a professional & independent group of marshalls should be able to solve a lot of problems encountered in the past.

Ciao
waaahh!!!! this one sudah bagus.... have to have license or not? got to attend short course or not? so we can make this thread as discussion table... how to have this 'professional marshall!!!'....cool!

mop
Old 11-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

I thought marshalls are not allowed to leave his place during a race. What he can do is to place the car at the nearest outside track. I don't really know the normal thing being practise here. What I saw in EP races nowadays, they will do as you suggest.

As for the cutting out the engine, maybe can use the tip of your shoe sole.

Ciao
i have asked in other forum site. one of them mentioned in his club race, marshall will place the 'died' car the nearest outside of the track and IT IS UP TO THE DRIVER'S PIT CREW TO TAKE THE CAR... the car is not the marshall's responsibilty anymore. he only marshall what ever car IN the track or whatever car has jumped out of track but still with running engine (raceable).

to cut engine using shoe sole is very difficult leh... maybe my shoe is too big for the flywheel hole....

mop
Old 11-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Professional Marshalls

Originally posted by mop_iko
waaahh!!!! this one sudah bagus.... have to have license or not? got to attend short course or not? so we can make this thread as discussion table... how to have this 'professional marshall!!!'....cool!

mop

For the time being, we just concentrate on having 'local' pro for the marshalling. I mean, the local organisers will have to source out independent non-racing guys to do the marshalling.

As for the future, maybe an enterprising guy can have a professional group of people providing marshalling services around the country, just like the F1 or the Japan GT races. This group will have to acquire a license to do marshalling from the governing body.

Ciao
Old 11-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Professional Marshalls

For the time being, we just concentrate on having 'local' pro for the marshalling. I mean, the local organisers will have to source out independent non-racing guys to do the marshalling.

As for the future, maybe an enterprising guy can have a professional group of people providing marshalling services around the country, just like the F1 or the Japan GT races. This group will have to acquire a license to do marshalling from the governing body.

Ciao
Jamal....ha..ha..ha . I just make things straight over in " GS National Cup".( Even somebody already make noice on the registration fee of RM60.00 (normal race))..... so how much cost if you want to have indipendent body to do the marshalling.

For you and me maybe we can forsee the need of so call profesional marshalling but as usual do everybody agree ( yes they do agree)..... but they don't agree on registration fee - the cost maybe different.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

MIzzzzz up something!!!

I do thing we still not up to this std yet. Still far..... that is the reality.

It is good enough for each organiser to decide the format. But at least not far from the "NORMS".

If time come I would believe we should have enough volunteers among driver to become marshall if the "TRUE" IFMAR World Cup.... aka F1 ....GP.

For me....mmmm how nice if i can marshall in the final.... because for me to qualify for the so call F1 also cannot smell...... That is the reality..... this is only my though Bro! I'm not being negative to the idea ya!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Default cool.....

Jamal's idea is cool.... but.... who can sacrifice their time to TRAVEL around malaysia to just do marshalling? i am sure they want to PLAY the RC hehehehehe....

i think the main malaysia RC BODY has to set certain standard that will apply to all sanctioned RC races ni malaysia... rules not only for the car and driver... but also for MARSHALL....

and

found this video.... shows a simple marshalling in a buggy race.... even SMALL KID also be a marshall laaaaa.... and ALL THE MARSHALL IS EVER READY fast in their action.... even they know when a buggy going to TERBALIK.... wow!

http://www.rcpics.net/media/XTM_RACE.wmv

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 11-22-2004 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Default additional rules...

somebody (actually his nickname is dmckie in rcnitrotalk.com)... has this rules.. which is REALLY TRUE....

"Pay close attention to where you stand. The person directing the race usally will say where to stand, but sometimes people will still stand where they want, and nothing gets said. The track i race on is indoors. There is a couple of beams located in the track . there is a 90 deg turn. Then a double. Then another 90 deg turn on to the strait. With the beam being right before the double ,and a turn mashal standing next to the beam. your car disapers for a few seconds .Right when you need to line up for the jump . and it cost me 1st place. So just pay attention not to stand where the drivers veiw of the turns and jumps are not blocked ."

so... next time.. pls consider where u stand.... dont block the driver's view...

mop
Old 11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hehe..don stand, squat better!
r u still in Malaysia? if u r,mayb can bring ur swift buggy to race at turf city this Sunday
Old 11-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ruD
hehe..don stand, squat better!
r u still in Malaysia? if u r,mayb can bring ur swift buggy to race at turf city this Sunday
alamak BRO RUD... gua baru balik shanghai laaaa... ish ish ish....

that day my flight delay... cant go to turf city to see the race on that saturday.... afraid if lambat lambat go back house... the causeway jam laaa...

next time OK....

i left my SWIFT in JB for my little bro play play.... so that when i come back again... i have somebody to race with.... and that is INCLUDING YOU.....muahahahaha....

cant wait for SENAI TAMAN AMAN BUGGY TRACK to be completed!!!!

mop
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

aiseh...go back to shanghai di?? so when u coming back to JB again?
here's my reply, please choose which one you prefer :

1)Sure u can alwaz race with me...its a pleasure to have ur company....

2)Wan race with me ar?? Comelah, u think i scare u ar?die die must chet u!

actually just read some article on the diff between how malaysian and british speaks...damn funny..... ref: The STAR newspaper
Old 11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ruD
aiseh...go back to shanghai di?? so when u coming back to JB again?
here's my reply, please choose which one you prefer :

1)Sure u can alwaz race with me...its a pleasure to have ur company....

2)Wan race with me ar?? Comelah, u think i scare u ar?die die must chet u!

actually just read some article on the diff between how malaysian and british speaks...damn funny..... ref: The STAR newspaper
Back to this thread topic.
Yes. I have been ruD mechanic before.
And NO. I wouldnt want to do it again.

So boring. No chance to pick the car up. Only wait for refuelling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.