Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 1/8th IFMAR World Champs in USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

and the first to win in all those categories.

will be tough race. looking fwd to see it
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben73
thats why offroad is better than onroad.
no point in people attempting to cheat.
When racing offroad, have you ever lost to someone only to find out that he was using a Gyro to help him countersteer through the corners?

Or how about the guys running 1/8th buggy/truggy tires on their SC truck...or ribbed tires on the front of their 2wd SC?

Wherever there is competition, there will be some low-life trying to get an unfair edge over everyone else.

If you are racing completely open classes, then sure, run whatever you want...but if you are running in a class with rules...follow them.

The thing that scares me the most about this whole issue is that when a sponsored driver cheats, they can only really be doing it for 1 of 2 reasons...

1) They are scared of losing their sponsorship if they don't perform well.... but if they get caught cheating, regardless of what place they finish, they should lose their sponsorship anyway...

or 2) their sponsor put them up to it....
Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What Ben meant was " 1/8th GP Offroad Racing "

Yes I agree, there will be some low-life trying to cheat. Some would say " If I can beat em, join em ! "

My quote:- Why come into a hobby and cheat, it makes no difference whether you cheat or attempt to cheat, you are not just low-life in RC and also all the other areas. Cause the perception is wrong. RC reflects one's character and mentality side of a human being.

For ONE reason, there's plenty of cheating in classes like EP and GP onroad. Because it is hard to detect. And the reason mentioned, those classes loses some popularity and help the fuel the popularity of 1/8th GP Offroad GP racing. Cause you have ZERO ways to cheat and can be control and detected easily.

Just like here in Malaysia, everyone knows the problems. And most ignore and the problems continues. So the fairest way to race in offroad buggy GP. Just pure skills and driving. Everyone enjoys it. That's how it took off.

If you are racing completely open classes, then sure, run whatever you want...but if you are running in a class with rules...follow them.
Yeap, why need to run in a open class which have no R & R and the other have. I prefer standardised procedures. I stay away open class............

The thing that scares me the most about this whole issue is that when a sponsored driver cheats, they can only really be doing it for 1 of 2 reasons...

1) They are scared of losing their sponsorship if they don't perform well.... but if they get caught cheating, regardless of what place they finish, they should lose their sponsorship anyway...

My thoughts:- These drivers aren't good enough. Why the team takes them ? Beats me.

If the sponsor ask the drivers to use illegal stuff in their machine, you should leave. What kind of team would ask their drivers to cheat ? But there are. In a big EP races recently, a manufacturer of ESC had been banned cause the software are not updated. The drivers were allow to race cause they mentioned they do not know. Do they ???? ( Your reputations and dignity are the most important element in a human should have whether you are able, unable, poor, rich or whatsoever. )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the fairest way to race ?

When I was in-charge of the nationals - 1/8th GP Buggy >> I disallowed the terms " home track advantage " you may practice and run the track as much as you can...................

I would change it overnight. A total new layout. There would be unhappy faces but it will gain more drivers. Cause the system is running correctly.

My thoughts:- If you are good enough, you will make it there. Or else get use to it and work harder.

Correct practice start from the roots or a club race. If it goes wrong there, then the whole system collapse.

Just my thought

DT
Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Control fuel ? Yeap great ideas.................prevents people from cheating. Many would add addictives to fuel their engines. These addictives contains oxidation which helps the fuel to burn faster and amkes your engine goes faster.

Very hard to detect with equipment. So " CONTROLLED FUEL IS USED "
Old 04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if fuel, tyre & body shell been control for race.
save some over weight payment for long distance players.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
When racing offroad, have you ever lost to someone only to find out that he was using a Gyro to help him countersteer through the corners?

Or how about the guys running 1/8th buggy/truggy tires on their SC truck...or ribbed tires on the front of their 2wd SC?

Wherever there is competition, there will be some low-life trying to get an unfair edge over everyone else.

To answer your questions

No I have never lost to a gyro - a more talented use of the steering input and throttle control though I have lost to.

No in any meeting where there are rules you would never pass tech with tyres that are not allowed.

People will always try to get an edge. That competitive. My point is in offroad you could look for all the competitive edges possible

better batteries
faster motors
better chassis
better tyres

if I had all of these Mayfield could still beat me with a Tamiya hornet and a set of JC tyres.....

Dirt is a massive equipment equaliser. A great driver will always beat a decent driver even if he has inferior equipment.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny Teh

What is the fairest way to race ?

When I was in-charge of the nationals - 1/8th GP Buggy >> I disallowed the terms " home track advantage " you may practice and run the track as much as you can...................

I would change it overnight. A total new layout. There would be unhappy faces but it will gain more drivers. Cause the system is running correctly.

My thoughts:- If you are good enough, you will make it there. Or else get use to it and work harder.

Correct practice start from the roots or a club race. If it goes wrong there, then the whole system collapse.

Just my thought

DT
this is a good point.

IFMAR need to do a lot of work with the tracks for WC events.

My view is no one should have a chance to run on a WC track at all prior to P1. No local should have an advantage and no huge team with $$$ should be able to spend weeks at the track prior to the event.

Everyone should turn up and run with ZERO running on the track prior.

At the EP 1/10 worlds in 2007 the track was mean to change by at least 50% form memory. It did not and it certainly helped the guys who had done plenty of racing there. Nothing against hayato but he would not have won otherwise from my perspective
Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben73
this is a good point.

IFMAR need to do a lot of work with the tracks for WC events.

My view is no one should have a chance to run on a WC track at all prior to P1. No local should have an advantage and no huge team with $$$ should be able to spend weeks at the track prior to the event.

Everyone should turn up and run with ZERO running on the track prior.

At the EP 1/10 worlds in 2007 the track was mean to change by at least 50% form memory. It did not and it certainly helped the guys who had done plenty of racing there. Nothing against hayato but he would not have won otherwise from my perspective
IMO changing layout so that it is fair to all drivers... thats true in a way.

A layout that have not been tested might not have a nice flow and ended up drivers not enjoying the race (esp offroad with jumps). To know the gear ratio, run time etc drivers needs to hv track time get the best performance & setup (onroad).
As for EP tracks that use woodplanks on a flat surface would be easier to hv layout change last min, but a fix layout would cost $$ to do so.
To stop drivers from using the track till the race event start means no income for the track owner...

So are the drivers willing to pay high entry fee & risk blowing up engine without knowing what ratio to use?

Even in F1 racing with huge budget tracks dont change layout yearly.
Hara only practice for a few days and he kicked those hv been testing for weeks ..

How many international events that was won by local boys that you know of? Offroad Ifmar Indonesia-no, USA-no, Thailand-no.

The above are just my point of views ....
Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

A IFMAR or any big event require carefully planning and schedule.

I guess most IFMAR event now have a schedule problem. For whatsoever reason...............

Anyone can practice for sure. But with careful planning, it would turn out to be schedule practice and try to be as equal opportunity as possible.

From what I notice most IFMAR event would have a pre event before. ( About 6 months away from the main event. ) In between more events maybe for more practice opportunity, and a month of only for team testing, close a month before the main event, so the income would not be jeopardise >>>> but after all that >>> layout changes 50% can be done during that close month.

Just like recent events, why the track not change 50% ? It would be favourable to the organiser and draws positive feedback from drivers of all level regarding the management, fairness and all would definitely support more event by this team.

A 50% change to track layout doesn't mean a altogether change. You can add one or less jump or make the take off area shorter or longer or landing area vice versa. Track changes is harder for onroad but not impossible but offroad track are easy to changes as most have hoses as divider making it all too easy.

Changes to track means equal track time and opportunity. Most drivers ( like Sander said ) are amateur can fork out a few grand just to be there. With no drivers willing to go for an IFMAR event, the status or the event would be scrapped.

Everyones have an ambition going to a World Champs..........but if the event would have plan out more concise and carefully to accomodate most needs.........it will definitely be a better event.

Not just IFMAR event, all big races would need careful planning in order to ensure the drivers would feel at ease competing the event. Organiser will not heard the comment from drivers, but the drivers would comment among themselves this is a lousy event and would not attend in the near future.

A careful plan race would attract lots of sponsors:-

The visibility is all to important. Just like the NEO-Buggy race............it's not a IFMAR nor FEMCA sanctioned race but there's many manufacturers who support this event is massive.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Danny Teh; 04-17-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My quote:- Why come into a hobby and cheat, it makes no difference whether you cheat or attempt to cheat, you are not just low-life in RC and also all the other areas. Cause the perception is wrong. RC reflects one's character and mentality side of a human being.

For ONE reason, there's plenty of cheating in classes like EP and GP onroad. Because it is hard to detect. And the reason mentioned, those classes loses some popularity and help the fuel the popularity of 1/8th GP Offroad GP racing. Cause you have ZERO ways to cheat and can be control and detected easily.

Just like here in Malaysia, everyone knows the problems. And most ignore and the problems continues. So the fairest way to race in offroad buggy GP. Just pure skills and driving. Everyone enjoys it. That's how it took off.
I am on of the disgusted victim...that is why I am in GP buggy!
They cheat to get results and sales.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

ouch ! tat's sad news man...............
Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

For me ep maybe many ways to cheat but in gp I don't think so...but if someone cheat,he actually cheat gimself..not others......ape pun kalau takut kalah jangan masuk race....pegi bashing sudah...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by frame_pinjam
For me ep maybe many ways to cheat but in gp I don't think so...but if someone cheat,he actually cheat gimself..not others......ape pun kalau takut kalah jangan masuk race....pegi bashing sudah...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

For me ep maybe many ways to cheat but in gp I don't think so...but if someone cheat,he actually cheat gimself..not others......ape pun kalau takut kalah jangan masuk race....pegi bashing sudah..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.