Search

Coming over to Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya

Originally posted by tornado
Nope...I got from Terence (Tow Jia) ... why ?

Bryan
no..just asking, i own a red xenon stock..any difference with the gold?..maybe getting 1..
Old 07-13-2004, 08:21 PM
tornado

Xenon Red is using laydown brushes and is the RPM variant. Gold is using standup brush and is a torque variant. I have both of the them but have not used the red baron yet as I'm having so much fun with my current 3 active ones being the Xenon Gold, Tamiya TZ and Team Fantom 27T Team Stock. Maybe when one these motors start to fade I'll try the red one.

Bryan

Old 07-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Alrighty, well I'm off to Malaysia.

Hope to see some of you in KL... maybe
Old 07-18-2004, 07:37 PM
tornado

Originally posted by dugrant153
Alrighty, well I'm off to Malaysia.

Hope to see some of you in KL... maybe
Happy trails matey, good luck and happy hunting or shall I say shopping.

Bryan

Old 07-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Well, went to KK and went to Borneo.

Couldn't find any Tamiya stuff... well, I did, but it was WAY above what I could find it at in Canada (780 RM for a TB01 kit?!... no way).

Only found Smarttech and Nikko.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:45 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

toycity's pricing is a bit stiff. that's and more...the reasons for the demise of tamiya in malaysia. i don't have a tb01 but i do have a the latest tb evo4 if u want it
Old 07-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

When you said Borneo did you mean Brunei?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

by Brunei, I meant Borneo. ma-af
city of Bundar (Bandar) was where I was at actually.

Cheapest TB01 set I've found so far is in Singapore for Singaporean $289.99 .... That's crazy pricing.

So far, in KL, TB01 is about 800 RM easily... that's really really expensive. That was in Toycity (yeah, I learned my lesson... hehehe)

Wow, guess I'll have to go back to Canada to buy the TB01. Ended up spending my RC money on other stuff... hehehe

I didn't realize the import tax was sooooooo huge!!
Old 08-04-2004, 06:51 PM
tornado

by Brunei, I meant Borneo. ma-af
city of Bundar (Bandar) was where I was at actually.

Cheapest TB01 set I've found so far is in Singapore for Singaporean $289.99 .... That's crazy pricing.

So far, in KL, TB01 is about 800 RM easily... that's really really expensive. That was in Toycity (yeah, I learned my lesson... hehehe)

Wow, guess I'll have to go back to Canada to buy the TB01. Ended up spending my RC money on other stuff... hehehe

I didn't realize the import tax was sooooooo huge!!
SG289.99 is less than RM700.

Bryan

Old 08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Couldn't find any Tamiya stuff... well, I did, but it was WAY above what I could find it at in Canada (780 RM for a TB01 kit?!... no way).

Only found Smarttech and Nikko.
u were in KK
wow...we should have met...i can bring u along to our favourite hobbyshop...which can somehow decrease the retail price
about the Tamiya price...expensive..well...it is expensive. thats why no one using tamiya kit here...except the hardcore (like me and some crazy guys 2 ) I own TL01, TB01, TBEVO3.

anyway, hope u had enjoyed staying here in Kota Kinabalu.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

if u see Smarttech and Nikko that shop must not be a pro rc shop, it's just a toy store..... did u visit KK Mewah at center piont sabah, HMS racing at kolombong, Daihua(toycity) at kolombong, milson hobby at inanam and my track at kolombong "daihua speedway" where most rc ppl hang out.....if u been to the track did u see my the biggest size in track.....
Old 08-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Unfortunately, I'm kinda stuck in a hotel so have no real chance to get out, lah. But thanks for the invites, guys

Anyways, I think I'll go back to Canada or Ebay and buy a TL01 or TB01. I already have a TB01, but one bad thing I found is that parts are impossible to find!

So was thinking of buying a TL01 and using it for rallying (not huge jumps, but for some fun stuff). What do you folks think? I like to rough it out on concrete and some light gravel.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:34 PM
tornado

Unfortunately, I'm kinda stuck in a hotel so have no real chance to get out, lah. But thanks for the invites, guys

Anyways, I think I'll go back to Canada or Ebay and buy a TL01 or TB01. I already have a TB01, but one bad thing I found is that parts are impossible to find!

So was thinking of buying a TL01 and using it for rallying (not huge jumps, but for some fun stuff). What do you folks think? I like to rough it out on concrete and some light gravel.
I would do it with a Mini T ! Tonnes of fun !

Bryan

Old 08-05-2004, 12:12 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

... Ebay and buy a TL01 or TB01. I already have a TB01, but one bad thing I found is that parts are impossible to find!

have u tried rainbow10 in japan? they've huge inventory but their prices are else u might want to give walawala or rcboyz on ebay a try. TL and TB are good for rally
Old 08-05-2004, 02:20 AM
tornado

walawala ? koe....

Bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.