Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Cup of Malaysia 2004

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Dear All,

Thank you for the constructive sugestions. However, like Tbuster said, it is a prestigeous event and not many manufacturers like LRP are willing to sponsor an event in Malaysia. We are very grateful that LRP is helping out.

As for the fees, if you look at it in another perspective, it actually comes up to the same compared to most races but with more benefits.

Assuming you are interested to follow the series and ultimately, you will pay for 4 series at a total of RM240. Now bear in mind that the Grand Finals is FOC. This mean RM240 for 5 races which equates to RM48 per race. And if you run the minimum rounds requirement to qualify for the Grand Finals which is 3, then you are paying RM180 for 4 races. This equates to RM45 per race.

On top of this, you get fantastic prizes sponsored by LRP and lucky draw prizes for all Grand Finalist. Not to mention trophies and lunch included for every races.

Finally, it is fair for all...

Just our 2 cents and we look forward for all your support. Lets put Malaysian R/C on the international scene. Our neighbour like Thailand is doing a super good job and we are sure Malaysian's BOLEH!!!

See you 13th June 2003...Don't miss out...
Old 06-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

agree with Windtalkers,

running stock or mod, maintainance cost are almost the same if your wish to be fast and have the budget.

running stock with low ratio will required more frequent com and change of brush same as mod.

tyre, no one wish to use a set of tyre that had been run for 2 pack either stock / mod for race. keep for practise i still have a lot of used set waiting to be finish off.

the only difference is the motor price.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:56 AM
tornado

Originally posted by rcsabah
agree with Windtalkers,

running stock or mod, maintainance cost are almost the same if your wish to be fast and have the budget.

running stock with low ratio will required more frequent com and change of brush same as mod.

tyre, no one wish to use a set of tyre that had been run for 2 pack either stock / mod for race. keep for practise i still have a lot of used set waiting to be finish off.

the only difference is the motor price.
veli veli lite..... anyway modified more cheekek...hearing the motor scream at top speed just send the adrenalin pumping.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Tak percaya ke ? Come lah tornado. Don't talk much come join the race. Do your talking by racing Jgn marah ... just want to api you
Old 06-07-2004, 04:45 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Just to add,dont forget the DINNER after the Grand Finals is also FREE!!

Well,putting $$ talk aside,when will you get a chance locally to participate in a international recognised event,it is an actual LRP CUP,not an event we do by ourselves every weekend,and get to race with top international drivers at the Grand Finals.This will be just like the Reedy Event in Thailand.So now u will have an event locally.

We expect top LRP drivers from around the world to be participating the grand finals.LRP will be in charge of the invitation.

So do come and join us!!All welcomed!!

Old 06-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
veli veli lite..... anyway modified more cheekek...hearing the motor scream at top speed just send the adrenalin pumping.
yah, very "chee kek"..... just only yesterday when we had an open EP / GP race.... one of the ep guy were "full blasting" his throttle "off-load".... yup... de sound of his mod (i think it could be either a 8x2 or something).... then less than 4 seconds, we heard a "PIAK"!!!!!! every1 turned their heads to the source of the sound.... guess, another mod is gonna be buried 6ft deep....

de problem here with a mod class, every1 is highly interested to run.... even the beginner..... bcoz, the speed....... but if we can't drive a stock motor, what's there about mod!!

there' this guy in town, he can't even drive a basic car with a stock, he's blasting himself with a highly "acclaimed" pro car with a mod... causing every1 to avoid him during both his qualifying times and finals!!!! what a real guy.....

anyway, be it stock or mod, hope u guys enjoy the electric hobby.....

some blah blah from me..

thanks 4 readin.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windtalkers
there' this guy in town, he can't even drive a basic car with a stock, he's blasting himself with a highly "acclaimed" pro car with a mod... causing every1 to avoid him during both his qualifying times and finals!!!! what a real guy.....
Walaueh. Just shout out my name lar.
Don need to be so secretive.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
tornado

With that makes the mod. class more chee kek mah......with one or two fellows pik piak on every corner trains you tailos' and sifus' reflex....reflexology treatment.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:36 PM
tornado

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Cool it Adrian....... don't take it to heart.....just practice loh......you will know how he feels one day when you are "promoted" to sifu or taiko.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:43 PM
tornado

Originally posted by tornadobuster
Tak percaya ke ? Come lah tornado. Don't talk much come join the race. Do your talking by racing Jgn marah ... just want to api you
You nak api api I ke ? Don't waste your time. I no get api so fast. You saja start kan I tornado.....api pun padamlah

Ok guys.... I'll be in the race if situation permits. Just got only 1 battery pack...expensive lah...ouch! One step at the time...... you think I tak gatal nak race keh?

Old 06-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tornado
Cool it Adrian....... don't take it to heart.....just practice loh......you will know how he feels one day when you are "promoted" to sifu or taiko.
hahaha tornado.
Prefer to stay the way i am.
I am cool. Cant see my smiling face between the angry faces?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:31 AM
tornado

hahaha tornado.
Prefer to stay the way i am.
I am cool. Cant see my smiling face between the angry faces?
Frank sinatra Sings "I did it my way........." and Adrian San sings "I pik piak my car my way...."

Jus joking Adrian... peace bro

Old 06-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

if it was u, then i do not know u!!!

well, this guy i mentioned was some1 that u know 2..... over here, i shall only refer him as BB.......

nope, it ain't Barry Baker.... just another fellow "over enthusiasted" rc racer......

hope this clears the air alittle....
Old 06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Windtalkers

if it was u, then i do not know u!!!

well, this guy i mentioned was some1 that u know 2..... over here, i shall only refer him as BB.......

nope, it ain't Barry Baker.... just another fellow "over enthusiasted" rc racer......

hope this clears the air alittle....
I dunno any of you two...but it was fun talking with you guys here... cool dudes and fun too.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

I've tried running my car at Glenmarie with modified motor. OKlah. No piak,piak. But the track is very tied, some more anti clock wise. Inside banyak susah and very slow.

Much more susah than Yokomo Track. Reallylah like international race. That's why my car terbang like superman

Last edited by tornadobuster; 06-09-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.