How to balance car's weight in TITC ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to balance car's weight in TITC ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up How to balance car's weight in TITC ?

Dear all :

1400g weight limit? How to balance the car without adding more weight to the battery side? How to securely hold the battery in place?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-RC
Dear all :

1400g weight limit? How to balance the car without adding more weight to the battery side? How to securely hold the battery in place?
maybe can use lighter shell, lighter servo, move eletronic around the car......
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
maybe can use lighter shell, lighter servo, move eletronic around the car......
Hello kschu,

I think with the current car, it is not so easy to balance. What you have suggested is to make the car lighter, but to balance it, I think you would need to move the batteries further out to balance. I know for Xrays, Tamiyas there are products that can be used, for Yokomos, I think there should be products out there that could be used.

Happy RCing.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Hello kschu,

I think with the current car, it is not so easy to balance. What you have suggested is to make the car lighter, but to balance it, I think you would need to move the batteries further out to balance. I know for Xrays, Tamiyas there are products that can be used, for Yokomos, I think there should be products out there that could be used.

Happy RCing.
i think maybe with lighter shell, servo , total car weight can be reduce thus can put more weight on the lipo side to balance up....

just my 2cents
Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

i think maybe with lighter shell, servo , total car weight can be reduce thus can put more weight on the lipo side to balance up....

just my 2cents

Running lighter gear would make it lighter over all, but due to the weight balance, the motor side is about 400+ grams. While the battery side is only 200+ grams.
To balance the car from left you need to move the lighter further out to compensate for the weight difference.

My 2.1cents

Happy RCing.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...ml#post6878517
Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another option is lighten your car with Titanium screws and added back the weight on the lipo side.

Another option is try to swap your front belt position as below and move your electronics towards lipo direction

Old 01-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fas N furious
Another option is lighten your car with Titanium screws and added back the weight on the lipo side.

Another option is try to swap your front belt position as below and move your electronics towards lipo direction

Its good to see that there are ways to minimize the imbalance but due to weight difference between the two sides, 450g for the motor side and 290g for the battery side, its impossible just to move the ESC and Receiver in to counter the differnece in weight.

Furthermore, it will only be the european cars that will be able to flip their drivetrain as they have a set screw to lock the diff in place. If you are to do it with any Japanese car, i.e. 416 or BD5 or Hotbodies, the diff will be loose in about 2 laps time.

To maintain the weight balance is to push the Lipo battery further out to the right hand side of the car to counter the weight imbalance. Like a fulcrum effect.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by e-RC
Its good to see that there are ways to minimize the imbalance but due to weight difference between the two sides, 450g for the motor side and 290g for the battery side, its impossible just to move the ESC and Receiver in to counter the differnece in weight.

Furthermore, it will only be the european cars that will be able to flip their drivetrain as they have a set screw to lock the diff in place. If you are to do it with any Japanese car, i.e. 416 or BD5 or Hotbodies, the diff will be loose in about 2 laps time.

To maintain the weight balance is to push the Lipo battery further out to the right hand side of the car to counter the weight imbalance. Like a fulcrum effect.
i think 416 and bd5 can run on flip belt

Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Kcshu,

I think what e-RC is trying to say is that the diff in the Japanese car, at least at the moment, will not be able to run a flip diff. I cannot be too certain, but if you are to flip the diff in the 416 and BD5, it will be loose. As I have tried to use a muchmore diff run in machine on my 416 to run in the diff and I turned it in the wrong direction once and the diff fell apart. So I assume it is not possible, at least not what I have in my 416WE.

Further more, if you look closely at the pics, you would be able to understand what e-RC is writing about. The weight on the left and the right of the car is too imbalance and due to the curren chassis design, it will need to move the battery further to the right to get the left and right to be balance actively.

Personally I am using what e-RC is selling and I find it very very useful. Furthermore, the newer batteries are increasing in the casing's height which will cause the battery to not be able to fit under the upper deck of the car.

Just my two cents. Don't goto Thailand and then find out that there is no way of balancing the car and feel helpless then.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Kcshu,

I think what e-RC is trying to say is that the diff in the Japanese car, at least at the moment, will not be able to run a flip diff. I cannot be too certain, but if you are to flip the diff in the 416 and BD5, it will be loose. As I have tried to use a muchmore diff run in machine on my 416 to run in the diff and I turned it in the wrong direction once and the diff fell apart. So I assume it is not possible, at least not what I have in my 416WE.

Further more, if you look closely at the pics, you would be able to understand what e-RC is writing about. The weight on the left and the right of the car is too imbalance and due to the curren chassis design, it will need to move the battery further to the right to get the left and right to be balance actively.

Personally I am using what e-RC is selling and I find it very very useful. Furthermore, the newer batteries are increasing in the casing's height which will cause the battery to not be able to fit under the upper deck of the car.

Just my two cents. Don't goto Thailand and then find out that there is no way of balancing the car and feel helpless then.
oh, i got your meaning now....hehe....

seem like what ERC selling is the best solution to get left n right balance...
Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

oh, i got your meaning now....hehe....

seem like what ERC selling is the best solution to get left n right balance...
Hello to all,

First, thank to mikecan8 for explain for me as it hard for me to explain as many also not so sure how it is use and hard for me to explain how the tray work in the car.

I think we have best solution as the battery will sit lowest, on the chassis. Other brand like Atomic Lipo tray, but the battery already is 2-3mm above chassis. Also I think we have nicest looking solution.

Now we only have for Tamiya 416, 416WE and 416X, and Xray T2-009 and T3(Coming soon).

Please pm me if you need further question.