Search

Hobao Hyper 12 or OS 12CV-X

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hobao Hyper 12 or OS 12CV-X

Hello rctech sifu and kaki's,

As stated in title, i would like to know which is best?. My kit is the Kyosho FW-06, Recently my engine's front bearings has been giving me problems.. fuel leaking through front,no smoke coming from exhaust, While driving half way, as long as i let go of my throttle, the engine stops. I figured its time to change the engine.

Hobao Hyper-12 (side exhaust ) or the OS 12CV-X?

I've heard the Hyper 12 doesnt have a low-end needle, thus limiting tuning.. But claimed to have 1.4BHP. Seems like competition level engine. But the OS 12CV-X has a low-end needle, Claimed BHP is 0.56..

Which is better in terms of Fuel-economy and speed?.

Please do help, Do not hesitate to let me know about other good engines which match my criteria :

1. Pullstart.
2. Preferably .12 engine.
3. Side exhaust.
4. No turbo.

Thank you for your time .

Akiraceo.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bro, u try Nova T1 la,, basic turbo, cheap!!! powerful,, don't waste $$$ on other non turbo engine...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default reply

thanks for your suggestion,

but that engine is rear exhaust.. that means i need to change manifold.. + its not pullstart, needs a starter-box.. which kills the 'easy to bring around' factor.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Hobao pun ok maaa... saya dah pakai kat FW-06 memang power berbanding enjin asal GXR 15. nak power lagi tukar head Nova TS1 jadi la turbo.. harga murah. Kat RCmart USD 59.90 + shipping USD 11.30
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default what must i change

hey what must i change if i want to put nova t1 onto my fw-06 coz i dunlike my stock engine
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Nova T1

Hey, Nova T1 Requires a Starter-Box, Besides that , u need a Turbo plug which will cost u a few ringgit more than normal plugs.

Other than that, prepare to break in , Not sure what fuel , My sifu said use 'special break in fuel' , but i read in forums , they say use the fuel u will use after u break in.. so thats my Rapicon 25% synthetic.. issit ok for break in?.

Prepare to feel the speed, And also be prepared to fork out more nitro fuel. haha!,

I've already ordered a Hobao HYPER 12,

The OS .12CV-X , is the same speed as the GXR15, which isnt what i want.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation the model number

what is the exact modell number for the nova engine im thinking of buying it and i dun want to buy the wrong engine and do i have to change any gear or something like that or once i put it on i am ready to run???
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default NOVA TS1

Hey,

Nova TS1, NS12TS1, This should be it. There are two versions, One is the Starter-box, and one is the Rotor-start, One requires a starter box , and one requires a rotor start tool..

Yes, once u put it in, ur ready to run, it just requires a turbo plug ( i think its given ), and a starterbox or rotor-start, + Nitro fuel . Recommending u 25%. power to the tops.

Gears shud be ok already, u can use back your old flywheel,Clutch bell, clutch , and pinions. Make sure the alignment of the Pinion to the spur is Perfect and screws are tight, or else u'll end up recking ur spur gears.. like what i did.. did not screw tight enough.. spur teeth not as sharp already..

Additional info : ( Pinion = Small gear attached to Motor , Spur = Usually large gear attached to Central shaft ).
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default what kind of manifold to use

hey what kind of manifold muz i use and what would be da price and wher can i buy it from
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Manifold

Manifold can be bougth from RCmart.com
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

dont i need an engine mount for dat engine coz my cous says i need it
Old 05-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

engine mount, im not sure, i myself have not seen the hyper 12 yet, so im not sure whether it fits or not, until then i'll just have to wait and study on how to break in. , sorry . cant be much of help..