Airbrush, Compressor and Parma Paints !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airbrush, Compressor and Parma Paints !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Airbrush, Compressor and Parma Paints !

Originally posted by AdR|aN
How much is cheap and how much is expensive???
Prof.D san, wat kinda design u wan de neh???

i m actually lookin for the paint mask?..i mean, body decal design which is free for download. any1 know which site which offer free download of paint mask?
Old 11-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Paint mask

hi,

you can download from http://www.rcxotic.com/

Old 11-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Airbrush, Compressor and Parma Paints !

How much is cheap and how much is expensive???

Prof.D san, wat kinda design u wan de neh???

The bodyshell !! Not the chick de neh !
Old 11-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

RCSavant,
what's ur budget for the airbrush? any requirement? single action or dual action? gravity feed or bottom feed?

for a good quality airbrush i would recommend the iwata line of airbrushes.. they have a distibutor here in KL.. somewhere in the segambut area.. they quote me less than RM400 for iwata HP-C.. it's a gravity feed, dual action airbrush..
Old 11-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Prices of Airbrushes

I have 2 airbrushes, acquired via mail order:-

1)TAMIYA Spray-Work HG Single Airbrush Air Brush System Series #19
1 piece(s) @ 7200 yen each = 7200
Merchandise Total: 7200 yen
Shipping Charge: 580 yen

Total: 7780 yen ~ RM 270.00

from
http://www.hlj.com/

2)Paasche VL Dual Action Hobby Kit

Cost + Shipping : usd 90.30 ~ RM 347.06

http://www.hobbylinc.com/

both work well for my limited artistic talent
Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

The Olympia one works fine too at around RM 190 from art supply shop. This is a Dual action air brush with gravity paint feed. And spares is easily available at those shops too. I have been using this for almost 5years now.........No problem whatsoever! Just take a little time to clean it after use and it can last a lifetime!
Old 11-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by x_man
The Olympia one works fine too at around RM 190 from art supply shop. This is a Dual action air brush with gravity paint feed. And spares is easily available at those shops too. I have been using this for almost 5years now.........No problem whatsoever! Just take a little time to clean it after use and it can last a lifetime!
Master X, what do you use as compressor? I'm thinking of a huge tire tube ! But will the air be strong enough and enough capacity to spray a bodyshell?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Master X, what do you use as compressor? I'm thinking of a huge tire tube ! But will the air be strong enough and enough capacity to spray a bodyshell?
????, I am using a small AC compressor(Alternating Current, Not Air-Con ).... Around RM350 per unit, But have to modify a bit on the outlet side, like instaling a air reservoir and a dryer, as these compressors doesnt come with it's air tank. The pulsating air from the compressor is smoothen out by this reservior. If connected directly the pulsating air is no good for a good paintwork.

I don't know whether a huge tire tube would work, but i believe most of the plastic scale model shop sells compressed air can for this purpose. I believe this would be much better. Miniature Hobby in Subang sells this also.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Paint mask

Originally posted by vita-C
hi,

you can download from http://www.rcxotic.com/

Thanx Bro! Peace!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bargump
RCSavant,
what's ur budget for the airbrush? any requirement? single action or dual action? gravity feed or bottom feed?

for a good quality airbrush i would recommend the iwata line of airbrushes.. they have a distibutor here in KL.. somewhere in the segambut area.. they quote me less than RM400 for iwata HP-C.. it's a gravity feed, dual action airbrush..
to be honest i wouldnt know the arse end of a airbrush from the other ! words like gravity feed, dual action etc have absolutely no meaning to me !! so what would be the best type of airbrush ! I have set aside about 300 bucks but seeing as its a one time investment would probably pay more to get good quality stuff.

and where can I buy these compressors ? preferably one thats quiet and runs off the mains. pasar road ? can recommend any shop and what sort of pricing ? hobby shops compressors are really expensive and not worth the cash IMHO. i hear that a compressor with a water sump ( or something like that lah !) is best - WHERE TO GET !! and of course less burden on wallet always better but quality comes first ! also i think buying compressed air in cans will bankrupt you in the long run !

x-man - where is this art supply shop that sells the olympia airbrush ? Does it also sell good quality sable brushes ! anyone know a really good general arts and supplies shop in KL ? ie selling brushes , modelling clay , tar paper etc. desperate for info on this ! TOLOOOOONG ! Thanks !
Old 11-18-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCSavant
to be honest i wouldnt know the arse end of a airbrush from the other ! words like gravity feed, dual action etc have absolutely no meaning to me !! so what would be the best type of airbrush ! I have set aside about 300 bucks but seeing as its a one time investment would probably pay more to get good quality stuff.
Savant. There are always two side to a coin. RM300 isnt that much money to start off with in the first place. The olympus air brush is kinda pricey but last hell of a long time. My Olympus 300 was bought in '97. Still in use till now. Cost me around RM280.

and where can I buy these compressors ? preferably one thats quiet and runs off the mains. pasar road ? can recommend any shop and what sort of pricing ? hobby shops compressors are really expensive and not worth the cash IMHO. i hear that a compressor with a water sump ( or something like that lah !) is best - WHERE TO GET !! and of course less burden on wallet always better but quality comes first ! also i think buying compressed air in cans will bankrupt you in the long run !
If your looking at a electrical silence compressor, try looking for it at stationary shops that handles alot of arts stuff. They could have any compressor that will fit into your budget. But look into the margin of around RM300 to RM500 for a very good silent compressor.

x-man - where is this art supply shop that sells the olympia airbrush ? Does it also sell good quality sable brushes ! anyone know a really good general arts and supplies shop in KL ? ie selling brushes , modelling clay , tar paper etc. desperate for info on this ! TOLOOOOONG ! Thanks !
Olympia Airbrushes can be get at almost any MAJOR stationary shops. But some don even bring it in. As for the rest of the stuff ur asking., i got no idea where to get it.