8 minutes EP mod race

Old 10-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 8 minutes EP mod race

we are going to have 8 minutes race this depav. holiday. i tested my cuda R2 with Xenon 8T final ratio 9.76 can reach 8 minutes but midnight hope can reach 8 minutes during day time at ratio 10.18... for KK racers test your run time if you planning to use 8/9T
Old 10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How come i missed this thread? Well, I used my Evo 3 with Reedy 9T Single with 9.68 final ratio...,yes can reach 8 minutes...27 laps actually (same with A main 2nd place) ....phheewwwiitttt BUT BUT, only with my GP 3300 batt. My Powers GT 3300(Blue) cannot! I end up in B main. died on the last minute. Had to be "tow"ed...nope..."pushed" by the B Main Champion in order to cross the transponder line...if not DNF.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

so how was the race for everyone?
Old 10-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by horniez
so how was the race for everyone?
Oh it went very well indeed. In fact, maybe we gonna held our next race all in an 8 minutes race, HA!
sad for my 8T motor...have 2 retire earlier than i tot.

rcsabah made the track record with 15 secs+ in the 8 mins race. We found out that the EPIC flatwire motor is a good one and that we also noted that racing in longer time can cramped yer hand and fingers....
Old 11-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks to my Xenon 8T spiral com. motor it's really fast
Old 11-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rcsabah
thanks to my Xenon 8T spiral com. motor it's really fast
Yep...damn fast for an 8 minute race. I should have used my 8T. i just let my shaft driven EVO III do the work during the qualifying. I bet i can go to A main...and die there!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guy, when we can do another 8 minutes race. I miss the first race because have important matter to attend and the way you talk about the race is very intresting. May be can organise at the new track.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by zico
Guy, when we can do another 8 minutes race. I miss the first race because have important matter to attend and the way you talk about the race is very intresting. May be can organise at the new track.
Yep...sure, no problem. When there's a proper track we can race anything on wheels.....5,8,10, 30,45 minutes even 1 hour race also can!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

jfc-tech, Wah semangat betul. So we cepat-cepat arrange the race.... maybe after Hari Raya. Tak sabar test my second hand D5 motor bah. Cankah....he..he..he.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

if run mod for more than 5 minit long run the motor batteries may suffer , they cant take so much heat stress lah...
Old 11-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by zachariah
if run mod for more than 5 minit long run the motor batteries may suffer , they cant take so much heat stress lah...
Ohhh...don't worry about that. We have tried it, we run it, we race it at 8 minutes. just ask rcsabah...he 's the track record holder for 8 minutes race with Xenon 8T, Barracuda R2.

I've used my Reedy 9T Single somemore, with 9.5 final ratio...it runs good and 27 laps record, same with 1st runner up. So no problem there. I was in B main though

Furthermore, check the Japan race. They race at 8 minutes, modified.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the heat generated shouldn't be more than during charging,so it should be ok.i run my packs for 15-20 mins non stop i record any damage to my batteries yet.

i dont know about the motor though...yes i think they are really hot...it's up to the driver to practice timing and conservation and patience in 8 min race....dont really have to whack the throttle all the way...

my brushless can last up to 10mins+ with juice left...can i join?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lee82gx
the heat generated shouldn't be more than during charging,so it should be ok.i run my packs for 15-20 mins non stop i record any damage to my batteries yet.

i dont know about the motor though...yes i think they are really hot...it's up to the driver to practice timing and conservation and patience in 8 min race....dont really have to whack the throttle all the way...

my brushless can last up to 10mins+ with juice left...can i join?
hahahhaa no brushless allowed my friend. Becoz they're many brushless users here too that have cramped their fingers to control their mod motor(becoz no other motor ) to last the 8 minutes. There are some demands though from the brushless racer to race 10 minutes...but just not enought participants to make it an event....maybe u should come down here...always welcome.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why no brushless allowed?
no offence to those who bought expensive handwound motors and expensive ESC.....but as racers we always buy whatever is faster,so they should get BL and let's race!!
Old 11-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lee82gx
why no brushless allowed?
no offence to those who bought expensive handwound motors and expensive ESC.....but as racers we always buy whatever is faster,so they should get BL and let's race!!
hehehhe to answer the "why" question...becoz the organizer said so

and to correct the "...but as racers we always buy whatever is faster,so they should get BL and let's race!!" thing....whatever is faster is actually getting 7 or 8T handwound motor, at least here in KK Sabah. At least if compare with the Novak Sport brushless (that is marketed here in Malaysia)...no one actually wanna challenge the brush motor. For they are welcome here, though.

I wish the opposite is true...but the brush motor is still here to stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service