Wiki Posts
Search

All HPI RS4 3 post !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bodigat
Also what is MSE and where is it?
Pasir Gudang. Malaysia Shipyard Engineering.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
Ya I saw that car too.... but over my budget lar...going for close to 2k but worth it if you appreciate all the hop ups, max, and condition. I think its going to be hard to sell it to a newbie coz the price is pretty steep. I think a better way it to sell in separately. I am just interested in the car. Actually I just got the integy setup kit so now budget have gone down to zero again. Will have to save every month to be able to buy stuff again..
I thought he gave a decent throttle servo too on that car not to mention a relatively new NS5 engine...

Waahhh, bought a setup kit? How much? Already going serious?

Anyway talking about the Integy setup kit, where is Patrick? Busy making babies?
Old 10-13-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bodigat
if the pay and the benefit is good... i dont see why cant i....
BTW, im in waste water treatment field. Also what is MSE and where is it?

We're still talking about cars too rite? Hehehe.
MSE is Malaysia Shipyard and Engineering... Indirectly Owned by Petronas.. They have been getting a lot of big major contracts there recently. Located at Pasir Gudang!, 10 mins drive from the Masai track!!!!!! , Now how is that for your convenience??, MSE provide hostels for their officers too!.

Waste Water treatment?, then you will have good or better opportunity in Singapore!!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
I thought he gave a decent throttle servo too on that car not to mention a relatively new NS5 engine...

Waahhh, bought a setup kit? How much? Already going serious?

Anyway talking about the Integy setup kit, where is Patrick? Busy making babies?
oh yup, very good deal for the car, i thought it was a novamax? NS5ar? but still damn good deal.

Integy from Thomas, std pricelor, tell you when I see yoular. Helps a great deal coz ppl always like to kiss my TC3 ass!!. Now the car handles much much better and more precise. In the past I adjusted it by eyeball method and the AE gauge, very inaccurate. When I check with the setup kit, the camber was like 4, 5, 3,5 all not the same! also the toe is the funniest, front toe in 3 and 2! I thought I saw toe out!. and rear 1 and 3 degrees. That's why my cornering always cacat!. Expensive but good investment. Also stange thing is that the included nut is for TC3!.

Patrick? he says bz at the moment wor. Also interested in going ep.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by x_man

Waste Water treatment?, then you will have good or better opportunity in Singapore!!!!!
what is the name of the water treatment already ar? everyone have been making fun of it...... Newater?
Old 10-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Indirectly Owned by Petronas..
Ummm, I did not know that...

That's really working for the darkside !
Old 10-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Prophet

everyone have been making fun of it...... Newater?
Yup.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Prophet

oh yup, very good deal for the car, i thought it was a novamax? NS5ar? but still damn good deal.
I don't think anybody would sell an MTX-3 with a Novamax for RM 2000...

Expensive but good investment. Also stange thing is that the included nut is for TC3!.
Yeah, if you're driving the NTC3, then the Integy one is better because if you get the Hudy ones, you need to modify them a little.

Patrick? he says bz at the moment wor. Also interested in going ep.

Just remember that EP is not cheap.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

MSE is Malaysia Shipyard and Engineering... Indirectly Owned by Petronas.. They have been getting a lot of big major contracts there recently. Located at Pasir Gudang!, 10 mins drive from the Masai track!!!!!! , Now how is that for your convenience??, MSE provide hostels for their officers too!.

Oic.... hmmm got even a track near MSE some more. Interesting that is.... Also got hostel eh?

Oi.... waste water treatment has nothing to do with Newater (read as peewater). Im in industrial site... not drinking site....
Old 10-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

So far no problems with my crown gears. In fact it is made of plastic. Trash and bash and the gears are still as good as new. NTC3 is the way to go.....number 1
I beg to differ...I trash and bash every weekend and always end up changing both the bevel and crown on every occasion...the plastic cannot tahan one lah...team it up with a mod engine is worse. Take a slight knock on the kerbs(especially Titi) and there you go...busted diffs.

My 2 cents.

But then again...those plastics are cheap. It's the bloody hassle of dismantling and regreasing those tiny balls.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I don't think you will want that. You can get the smoothest car but you'll have problems with your off power steering. Ever wondered why the NTC3 cars generally understeers off power?
drag braking ring a bell? But honestly, I've never tried it...I should someday but somehow you tend to learn the characteristics of a shaft and adapt your driving style to it.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

crashed ... I learn about drag braking on a TC3 by accident ... it works hell of a great ... there is no understeer issues at all. Was lovely to drive. What is your ride by the way.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
But then again...those plastics are cheap. It's the bloody hassle of dismantling and regreasing those tiny balls.
I'm told that you can reduce the occurance of the diffs stripping by proper shimming.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tIANcI
crashed ... I learn about drag braking on a TC3 by accident ... it works hell of a great ... there is no understeer issues at all. Was lovely to drive. What is your ride by the way.
By accident?..You must be wondering why your car was behaving like a beltie huh?...My ride's a NTC3 RRX12.

Btw I was practicing with a friend who drives a beltie and I noticed a big difference between our driving styles...I had to brake a lot earlier into corners and there he was nibbling at my tail...and InitialD is very right about off power steering...I was drifting offline at all the turns and that's where I lost most of my time pulling the car back into line...but coming outta corners was great as I managed to pull away. Need more practice to drive like Ah Wong man...patience and consistency. Don't crack under pressure. That was one of the reasons why the car was missing the apex too...pushed too hard under pressure from a nibbling fish
Old 10-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
drag braking ring a bell? But honestly, I've never tried it...I should someday but somehow you tend to learn the characteristics of a shaft and adapt your driving style to it.
Yup, adapt driving style to the car... Yes, drag brakes does ring a bell and works pretty well especially on the NTC3 on small tight tracks. Drag brakes induces the weight to transfer to the front of the car and hence you get more off power steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.