Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your pictures here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mop_iko
OK i will post a closer pic... without any pube hair in it... muahahahaha....
ok .. as promised...

pic 1...

mop
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-dsc00679.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

ok .. as promised...

pic 1...

mop
pic 2...

mop
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-dsc00680.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

pic 2...

mop
pic 3... view from below... simple laaa... i think no need do any MOD.

mop
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-dsc00681.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

pic 3... view from below... simple laaa... i think no need do any MOD.

mop
pic 4... from TOP plak.

mop
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-dsc00684.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

pic 4... from TOP plak.

mop
terlanjur ambik gambo.... KIASU sikit DUDE!!!!

nah hambik ni.... gambor dari kapal terbang....

mop
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-dsc00683.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Mop, thanks for the nice pics !

It does look like your friend did quite a bit of dremel work for you. I see that the upper deck was nicely cut with proper holes for the R40 handle bar to be fitted on the car. I think strenght wise, it will not be as strong as the stock mounting position. The method of mounting looks similar to the MTX-3. I believe the same too with the V1RR EVO i.e. the handle bar only mounted to the top upper deck. The stock handle bar mounts directly into the aluminum X bar / upper radio tray support via a grub screw. In a crash, the handle bar would not buckle and put a stress on the brittle carbon graphite radio upper deck.

Also, Serpent recommends that you use a fuel filter before the fuel inlet to the carb. This is because the existing fuel filter in the tank does not filter smaller dust debris. No recommendation to put any fuel filter at the pressure inlet from the pipe to the tank.

I also see that your caster clips are set pretty steep. Very little caster angle. With a one way front, you car can be a little twichy to control. Move the large caster clips to the front of the upper arms to make for bigger caster angle. It gives more stability to the car on high speed straights and does not make the car too twitchy to drive with a front one way.

No clip on the back of the tank? The Sirio carb getting in the way? How's the performance of the engine?

Speedmind tires? Do you have any problems with the front knuckles rubbing the inner rim of the Speedmind tire? The bottom of the chassis looks really clean. Does not seem like there are any scratches !

Ummm, is that a new setup I see with rear right blue spring and rear left with yellow?
Old 09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

my bug. no fancy colour scheme like you onroad folks
this is my "race" body shell.

my practice body shell has Goop/tape all over the place. an embarrassment to all RCers
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-mp75.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Another offroader.. more like a rockcrawler more info on the truck here.

underside pic..

top view pic..

off body pic..

Thanks for looking..
Old 09-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bargump
Another offroader.. more like a rockcrawler more info on the truck here.

underside pic..

top view pic..

off body pic..

Thanks for looking..
Bargump, those are really awsome monster truck pics ! Keep them coming.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
It does look like your friend did quite a bit of dremel work for you. I see that the upper deck was nicely cut with proper holes for the R40 handle bar to be fitted on the car. I think strenght wise, it will not be as strong as the stock mounting position. The method of mounting looks similar to the MTX-3. I believe the same too with the V1RR EVO i.e. the handle bar only mounted to the top upper deck. The stock handle bar mounts directly into the aluminum X bar / upper radio tray support via a grub screw. In a crash, the handle bar would not buckle and put a stress on the brittle carbon graphite radio upper deck.
whoaaaa... actually i didnt notice the handle s from R40 until u told me that. then i browse the net to look for R40 then i saw it yes... its from R40. For the strenght wise, maybe next time i should hold at the other part of the car... but to me the strenght is still good... i always carry my car holding that handle and it doesnt sway at all. maybe that becoz one of the screw as u said mount to the alumn x bar.. which i didnt take photo coz d space too cramp la. i hope the carbon radio palte wont patah or what next time!!!

Also, Serpent recommends that you use a fuel filter before the fuel inlet to the carb. This is because the existing fuel filter in the tank does not filter smaller dust debris. No recommendation to put any fuel filter at the pressure inlet from the pipe to the tank.
hehehehe i know that... i will buy another filter to connect from tank to carb... i use the filter at current position coz sometime i saw 'black' particles being 'pushed' inside the tube from the exhaust.... that is why i dont want any carbon particles to get into the tank... somemore i look good althought maybe somebody will say i am stupid to do that! but definitely i will buy another filter to filter the fuel to the carb!

I also see that your caster clips are set pretty steep. Very little caster angle. With a one way front, you car can be a little twichy to control. Move the large caster clips to the front of the upper arms to make for bigger caster angle. It gives more stability to the car on high speed straights and does not make the car too twitchy to drive with a front one way.
this i need to look back again... thanks for the sugestion dude! appreciate it very much...

No clip on the back of the tank? The Sirio carb getting in the way? How's the performance of the engine?

Ummm, is that a new setup I see with rear right blue spring and rear left with yellow?
i cant answer you now.... due to low usage of my car... although i just got it on 1st july.... but i can use it 1.5 month later and after i can use it some more bad luck accurs to me.... you can ask GT1 about it.. he knows... if you want to read ALL THE SAD stories... join in my YAHOO! group... the URL is down there.... GT1 can you tell the sad stories? i dont wanna tell it again! muahaahaha..

as for the blue and yellow springs... this is a new bad luck for me... i realised one of the shock is leaking... i ahve found out that the head is loose... a lot of oil came out... i dont have shock oil... so i use my AFTERRUN oil to put inside my shock... but the shock too light... so i use blue spring to make it a bit harder.... i havent try to run the car since then... too busy... u know la office boy la...

Speedmind tires? Do you have any problems with the front knuckles rubbing the inner rim of the Speedmind tire? The bottom of the chassis looks really clean. Does not seem like there are any scratches !
so far no problem with SPEEDMIND tyres... and the bottom of chasis is very clean coz.... a lot of bad luck la dude.... u know what i mean AFTER u read my sad stories.... or u ask GT1 la senang cerita....

mop
Old 09-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

somemore i look good althought maybe somebody will say i am stupid to do that! but definitely i will buy another filter to filter the fuel to the carb!
Well, the idea of the "fuel filter" from the pipe to the tank is like what you say. Some use it as a pressure chamber to ease out and regulate the pressure coming from the pipe to give a more consistant pressure. I don't use this on my car but on certain 1/8th scale cars (MRX-3 comes to mind), they use this to counter the engine experiencing low end lean mixture after they go through a high speed full throttle right hander sweeper before slowing down to a hairpin. It has something got to do with the tank not fuctioning properly.

i cant answer you now.... due to low usage of my car... although i just got it on 1st july.... but i can use it 1.5 month later and after i can use it some more bad luck accurs to me.... you can ask GT1 about it.. he knows... if you want to read ALL THE SAD stories... join in my YAHOO! group... the URL is down there.... GT1 can you tell the sad stories? i dont wanna tell it again! muahaahaha..
Sad stories? Sorry dude. Hope everything will turn out OK.

as for the blue and yellow springs... this is a new bad luck for me... i realised one of the shock is leaking... i ahve found out that the head is loose... a lot of oil came out... i dont have shock oil... so i use my AFTERRUN oil to put inside my shock... but the shock too light... so i use blue spring to make it a bit harder.... i havent try to run the car since then... too busy... u know la office boy la...
Ummm, why not get other brands of shock oil? You can use Trinity or Associated ones. They work fine. Just use a heavier rated shock oil if you're using the ones from Trinity and Associated. I found out (not scientifically) that the shock oil weights need to be about double to equal Serpent's shock oil rating i.e. 30wt Serpent = 50 to 60 wt Trinity.

Changing the stiffness of the springs cannot be compensated when using different shock oils because the two have different functions in the operation of the shocks.

so far no problem with SPEEDMIND tyres... and the bottom of chasis is very clean coz.... a lot of bad luck la dude.... u know what i mean AFTER u read my sad stories.... or u ask GT1 la senang cerita....
Those tires look brand new like they were freshly mounted out of the box ! If you're using the normal steering knuckles without any spacers, your front tire rims will rub the knuckes from the inside... Hope you get more track time running your car with your long national holidays coming soon! Good luck !
Old 09-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally posted by wyl03
my bug. no fancy colour scheme like you onroad folks
this is my "race" body shell.

my practice body shell has Goop/tape all over the place. an embarrassment to all RCers

Wy103,

Nice looking buggy...it doesn't look that bad maa...... You should see my practice body man, even worse....hehe

Anyway, what tires are those on your buggy? How's the grip for those tires....i'm sort of looking for what tires to buy.....

Are u in KL? Where do you play usually?

Cheers!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Savage Beast

Guys,

Have a look at our monster truck savage...

It has an Ofna 8port race engine, Paris tune pipe and a few other HPI mods on it....

Dont play-play.......hehehe
Attached Thumbnails Post your pictures here...-savage-2-.jpg  
Old 09-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Savage Beast

Originally posted by sua_diablo
Guys,

Have a look at our monster truck savage...

It has an Ofna 8port race engine, Paris tune pipe and a few other HPI mods on it....

Dont play-play.......hehehe
I think the most powerful moster truck is the Thunder Tiger EK4 !
Old 09-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Savage Beast

Originally posted by InitialD
I think the most powerful moster truck is the Thunder Tiger EK4 !
Initial_D

Hmmm...TT EK4.....very big engine no doubt.....it's fast if you can get it to start and run properly..hahaha!

and plus it wheelies and the tires wont stay on ground..and because of its engine size and weight, it floats like a boat...making it very difficult to drive.......power is nothing without control.....hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.