Is EP in ?

Old 09-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Is EP in ?

Is EP the in thingy now. Was in Subang y'day and saw jackie now using EP !

maybe the trend is shifting back to EP since i see a few top drivers running EP now....
Old 09-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Is EP in ?

Maybe. Well, I think with so many GP racers, some top drivers will find that it's too "stuffy" and "crowded" in the GP scene. Perhaps a change for them is good. Besides, they were once top EP drivers before they drove gas. Jacky is a good driver but not a good engine tuner. Perhaps that is also the reason he's switching back to EP until the GP scene cools down a little.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At subang,most ppl run EP also wat.even i getting an EP car to play there.putting ur GP car means bad news,cos it's really damaging,with all the kerbs and walls.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lee82gx
At subang,most ppl run EP also wat.even i getting an EP car to play there.putting ur GP car means bad news,cos it's really damaging,with all the kerbs and walls.
True. Subang track is more suited towards EP cars. Running GP cars there is overkill.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

I think just because Jackie is running EP does not mean EP is in. I saw him with EP about over 2 months back. Anyways, things at Subang is a lot quiter now, used to be totally packed in March, now just a handful.

I still find that Yokomo is great for 3 port GP cars, for 5 port it gets too tedious for me. Sometimes certain track layouts are really good fun there. But to be honest, it is one place that will train you to drive properly, take the correct lines and also carefully. Take a beginner to TT or Andalas and what will they really learn there? They are pushing the car hard (big track) and there is so much room for error (hence, not too bothered to drive better). The walls in Yokomo are a great reminder. I had a lot of fun there!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

din see jacky in GP race nowadays. maybe his last one @ SA where he have engine problem made him more or less convert to EP.

i know andy dass got a new EP and saw a couple of ppl who chuck their GP for EP which made me think the trend might be changing..
Old 09-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

yalar..i mean if i had to choose between nitro and alex 'cuda which one u think i take?
Old 09-07-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Actually, I think you are right, there is a slight change in trends but again it might be due to the fact that many have fallen by the wayside. Most people who take on GP cars do not realise how much time we spend on it to get the car running well enough, let alone running great.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Prophet

So long as EP prices are about the same or if not more than GP, EP will remain as is.

It is correct that in both classes, the sky is the limit. You can spend unlimitedly.

EP is nice but will only last you a short while of racing. GP gives you more realism of real car racing and that is why the following is huge.

I would think that if a GP person were to convert to EP because of cost reasons, then I think he made the wrong move. He will spend the same amount of money (or maybe more) he spends on GP. If he spends less, he will not get the same satisfaction he got from GP. That's my 2 sen take for what it's worth.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

In EP I found out that the initial start up cost is high ... to get maximum satisfaction you will need at least:

1 good charger: RM600 - RM900
6 packs of 3300 batteries: about RM250 - RM300 each I think
1 17 turn motor or a brushless (less maintanence): no need to mention cost la for brushless

Again, the better motors will need frequent combing of the comm and will wear out pretty fast. Yes, GP or EP its all the same, just that EP is cleaner!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

yah,i can vouch for that.u'll spend just as much in GP or in EP(which is all u have!)
i think it's more of track suitability that EP cars are more common in Subang.take a look at TT and u'll see very little EP cars there.doesn't mean EP is dying,just means there not suitable.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

here's my take y a person would want to convert to EP

- cleaner air
- cleaner car
- less noise pollution
- can play anywhere
- less things to carry n buy like glow/starter/fuel
Old 09-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Now this is where it gets controversial ...

EP got less running time
Less speed
Less kick (no noise la)

EP where got can play anywhere ... serious? EP or QD?
EP have to carry power also la ... have to carry charger, cooling fan

Its all about the same I guess, I got my whole GP in one plastic box and one small tool kit box, thats all.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

anybody using these channels

41.020 40.630 40.850 75.590 75.790 27.225 27.255

they are all mine
Old 09-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

how much did u pay the government for each freq?
cos i only paid for my crystals

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.