Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Tuning Class..any SIFU (klang valley) offer engine tuning class??.. >

Tuning Class..any SIFU (klang valley) offer engine tuning class??..

Tuning Class..any SIFU (klang valley) offer engine tuning class??..

Reply

Old 06-14-2008, 05:27 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Tuning Class..any SIFU (klang valley) offer engine tuning class??..

Wiiling to attend even got fee
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 388
Default

Tuning engin is a art !!! Not so easy to lean !!! What class engin , type of engin ???? Check filter , plug , feul line , fuel used , clucth , glo , how old engin , etc.. Tell what wrong fst !!!! i,ll try
graceku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by azmin View Post
Wiiling to attend even got fee
engine .21 buggy Go Tech. 5 months old....and about 2.5 gallon or less through it. The clutch was a little bit engage at idle (like wanna move even though i didnt pull the throttle. One more thing..during bashing and full throttle and then brake and when begin to full throttle again..the enngine sounds like wanna die or like too rich with blob blob sound but engine dont die and accelerate fine after a few second of full throttle.

Then I started to play with the fuel intake, idling needle and also the idling mixture (some call it rpm mixture)...then..ha ha ha...I got an over heat engine and straight away stop the engine.... terus simpan dalam rumah..tomorrow wanna ask sifu-sifu at Putrajaya track to help me with my engine.

Is it caused by the cluctch?.clutch shoe pecah?..I did not open the clucth case and check the clutch shoe or the bearing .coz afraid after that dunno how to assemble it back..
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 388
Default

After 2,5 gallon of fuel , go change yr clucth , senang aja . then see how also yr cluch bearings , tukar saja ,
then start yr car , rev it , warn up engin then only do idle to low bring it up , to hi bring it down
pintch fuel line , 4-5 sec before it engin cut , longer 4-5 lean low needle , faster 4-5 , open low needle ,
hi speed needle , see how long the straits
can not still ,,, come see me at RCC
graceku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
TeeKuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 921
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Here you go, make sure you watch all 24 chapters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKm...eature=related
TeeKuang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Radical Freaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,929
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeeKuang View Post
Here you go, make sure you watch all 24 chapters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKm...eature=related


Wah! So many SIFUs here...........mmmm must be exciting..........since im a newbie.must lepak here lar...........kekekeke
Radical Freaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graceku View Post
After 2,5 gallon of fuel , go change yr clucth , senang aja . then see how also yr cluch bearings , tukar saja ,
then start yr car , rev it , warn up engin then only do idle to low bring it up , to hi bring it down
pintch fuel line , 4-5 sec before it engin cut , longer 4-5 lean low needle , faster 4-5 , open low needle ,
hi speed needle , see how long the straits
can not still ,,, come see me at RCC
Hemm...change the cluctch?..replace new bearing?...hemm..they might not be the cause..Luckily I met Mr AhKong at Putrajaya track last Sunday and he just tune my engine less than a minute..and bammmmm...it runs smoothly..hahha. This is what I want..I want to learn how to tune and troubleshoot if engine goes abnormal...haha..rather than simply change the cluth and bearing..tak pasal pasal kena kuar RM100..hehehe.

Thanks alot to Mr Ah Kongg
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:09 AM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Putrajaya
Posts: 639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeeKuang View Post
Here you go, make sure you watch all 24 chapters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKm...eature=related
A 1000000 thanks bro! Very, very useful videos especially for beginners like me.
memosha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
  #9  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 388
Default

5 month + 2.5 gallon , dont want 2 change clutch + bearings !!!! and u say u want to learn how to troubleshooth + learn to tune engin ++++++++++++ dont spend money !!!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!
graceku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graceku View Post
5 month + 2.5 gallon , dont want 2 change clutch + bearings !!!! and u say u want to learn how to troubleshooth + learn to tune engin ++++++++++++ dont spend money !!!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!
I think..U did not get what I'm trying to say..hehe. Why shud u change the clutch and bearing when they are still in very good shape!!!.. Its not about money..its about how to learn to tune or trouble shoot the engine!!! If everytime I got tuning problem during bashing and need to change the clucth and bearing and finally findout that the cause is purely tuning issue..then it is not a smart move dude. I will be wasting my time changing the clutch and bearing..when the solution is just less than a minute...TUNING!!!...If money is the main issue...I wont be involved in this hobby in the very first place..yeehaaaa

Hope you get what I meant. Cheersss

Still remember what Chai (HPC) told me.when I first brought my buggy to his shop for repair..."Dont simply change the clutch..bearing..or even the engine..try to tune it first and check if there is any leaking or barang longgar..If still cannot tune..THEN ONLY you go to next step...check the clucth..bearing...etc"...This is why I wanna learn how to tuning/troubleshoot.
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
  #11  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by graceku View Post
After 2,5 gallon of fuel , go change yr clucth , senang aja . then see how also yr cluch bearings , tukar saja ,
then start yr car , rev it , warn up engin then only do idle to low bring it up , to hi bring it down
pintch fuel line , 4-5 sec before it engin cut , longer 4-5 lean low needle , faster 4-5 , open low needle ,
hi speed needle , see how long the straits
can not still ,,, come see me at RCC
Thanks for this tips...I will jot it down..haha and put into my rc bag...easy to refer...
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:16 PM
  #12  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
TeeKuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 921
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by memosha View Post
A 1000000 thanks bro! Very, very useful videos especially for beginners like me.
You are welcome bro! good luck for your son and you! happy racing!
TeeKuang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
  #13  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Radical Freaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,929
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by azmin View Post
I think..U did not get what I'm trying to say..hehe. Why shud u change the clutch and bearing when they are still in very good shape!!!.. Its not about money..its about how to learn to tune or trouble shoot the engine!!! If everytime I got tuning problem during bashing and need to change the clucth and bearing and finally findout that the cause is purely tuning issue..then it is not a smart move dude. I will be wasting my time changing the clutch and bearing..when the solution is just less than a minute...TUNING!!!...If money is the main issue...I wont be involved in this hobby in the very first place..yeehaaaa

Hope you get what I meant. Cheersss

Still remember what Chai (HPC) told me.when I first brought my buggy to his shop for repair..."Dont simply change the clutch..bearing..or even the engine..try to tune it first and check if there is any leaking or barang longgar..If still cannot tune..THEN ONLY you go to next step...check the clucth..bearing...etc"...This is why I wanna learn how to tuning/troubleshoot.
Well, i guess nitro tuning is a bit complicated sometimes, but when you get it right, you will still need to retune everytime , because of the weather difference.........it takes time to understand , but it is always good to DIY , to feel & get the hang of it............i guess we will be seeing each other more often at Putrajaya track.....hehe......so boleh kita try try , learn , learn sikit.............hehehehe........
Radical Freaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:22 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Radical Freaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,929
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeeKuang View Post
You are welcome bro! good luck for your son and you! happy racing!
Wah! Bro Tee Kuang......


Long time no hear from you ya.........Yr green truggy still look GANAS yeah...........
Radical Freaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:07 AM
  #15  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
azmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeeKuang View Post
Here you go, make sure you watch all 24 chapters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKm...eature=related
Thanks dude...cool vids.....nice...will save it in my PC..tq tq tq
azmin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service