Old 05-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Koe,

In case you are not aware of this

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25829

and

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ance%20Charger

I have used this battery before and its quite impresive. The thread about this is also found at http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208026

The charger is similar to IMAX B5.

Frankly at that price, there is nothing to complain.

OM
Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KoE View Post
baju dia masa zaman sekolah rendah
Bukan sekolah rendah lah.. aku rasa zaman aku kindergatern muat aku pakai kut...
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shmoot View Post
bro Azman... avatar ko tu baju sapa tgh sidai tu?
Tu baju Official Team TRF World Drivers.. Baju yang tergantung tu actually ada signature all team TRF drivers yg I collect masa jumpa dia orang.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KoE View Post
turbosnail,

r u the same person as in malsingmap? ...err..supremo?

sorry for a little digress ....more so to "bump" the thread
no ler...that's Master ST from Penang (a MTB/Roadie KOTRT group) ...a chinese ver. of T.Snail..haha..I used to ride with them...but those days mana ada GPS semua masa offroad...http://www.kotrt.com.my/ <---u can find him here..

those were the days lar..wish i can go back into cycling 1 day..hmm
Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi,

Have a look at these :

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...2&v=&sortlist=

I have the BC8 & am quite satisfied. To put things into perspective, the balancing ports are a way to tap into & monitor & charge (?) individual cells within the battery so that the charger can do its thing. There are different tabs used by different manufacturers. The align type favoured by many Chinese manufacturers seem to be gaining. One can always make adaptors or even buy them to suit the ports.

The place linked above also have a lot of different lipos. By the way, it is not always necessary for the lipo to be hard cased. I do offroad & none of my lipos are in a case. Having said that u do need to protect the battery.

For 2S battery, I like this better than maxamps subjectively (but I suspect they're the same cells except that this place is cheaper) :

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16867

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 AM
KoE
Tech Master

i was looking along the bantam and hyperion routes...anyone had experience with any of their products?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

i too got a bantam charger 301dx, good multi charger, but not a good peak charger.

but got no balancer....what is balancer for?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bro Edwin,

A balancer can be a separate unit or build-in to the charger. What it does is basically balance the voltage on each of the lipo cell (1 cell = 3.7V, 2 cell = 7.4V, etc) so that either one of the cells will not be overcharge. Lipo does not likes to be overcharge or else it will puffs up and may lead to permanent damage or worse, fire.

I am using a Tahmazo T15 with Tahmazo external balancer to charge my lipo packs. I only balance the packs once in a while since it takes really long to fully charge the pack.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well said doriftu..

anyway u can just buy a balancer output to attached to ur non-balancer charger..sample below..(not free advertisement..i'm not selling.. )

http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/20...o_Balancer.htm
Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default lipo

what is the best brand and model of lipo battery and balance charger available today for 1/10 touring.. what are the specs to look for? I max i read from other thread is not good.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

i just got my Yeah racing lipo packs(3200 , maybe its a copy of the Carbon lipo from orion) from my recent holiday trips. i have not tried to use it, i notice its balancing port match my Esky balance lipo charger...

i already charge it...i wonder if Eksy lipo balance charger can do a good job?

actually its take some to full charge....i got 2 other charger that able to charge lipo, but both got no balancer.....

well guys, which do you think its a good lipo charger, basically (Avionics,bantam,imax,tahmazo and many similar look button ) charger out there are lipo chargers, but all not good at peak charging(nimh), cos i charge touring car battery with my bantam(nimh battery), no punch, charge same battery with my ICE charger, very punch. probaly due to charging style?

so here its my question, does need lipo a good punch charger? or all lipo chargers are the same? (i personally think lipo cannot be Force charge like nimh, so probaly all lipo charger are same) but we will never know, technology its improving as we speak....

cheers.....

with current fuel price, i really hope my 1/1 car can run on lipo.....
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fadzli View Post
what is the best brand and model of lipo battery and balance charger available today for 1/10 touring.. what are the specs to look for? I max i read from other thread is not good.
best brand is subjective bro... basically u get what u pay in terms of life, performance and of course safety. You will need to look at the C rating of the lipo. Generally, 20-25C is good enough... of course higher better la but C rating is not a standardize from manufacturer to manufacturer. Complicated? hehe... best to read the Core Lipo thread from pg1

Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post
i just got my Yeah racing lipo packs(3200 , maybe its a copy of the Carbon lipo from orion) from my recent holiday trips. i have not tried to use it, i notice its balancing port match my Esky balance lipo charger...

actually its take some to full charge....i got 2 other charger that able to charge lipo, but both got no balancer.....

well guys, which do you think its a good lipo charger, basically (Avionics,bantam,imax,tahmazo and many similar look button ) charger out there are lipo chargers, but all not good at peak charging(nimh), cos i charge touring car battery with my bantam(nimh battery), no punch, charge same battery with my ICE charger, very punch. probaly due to charging style?

so here its my question, does need lipo a good punch charger? or all lipo chargers are the same? (i personally think lipo cannot be Force charge like nimh, so probaly all lipo charger are same) but we will never know, technology its improving as we speak....

cheers.....

good news... in short, lipo charging profile is simplier vs Nimh. you dont need high end chargers to have different lipo output performance. As long as the charger is charging using CC/CV (constant current/constant voltage) thats good enough.

yea, i wish my car runs on lipo cells too... Prius anyone??
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post

cheers.....

how long does the esky charger fully charged the yeah racing 3200mah lipo?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -KilleR- View Post
how long does the esky charger fully charged the yeah racing 3200mah lipo?
i think about 3hours....that is i have not play it before, i will try out once i install my lipo but off...to post result later...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

where i can find good lipo brand product in malaysia? most shop here sell lipo brand that i cannot find used and discussed in other good lipo thread in the forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.