sanwa 112 servo - fix or replace?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sanwa 112 servo - fix or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default sanwa sx112 servo problem - fix or replace?

my steering servo is starting to make clicking sounds in one direction.
any idea what is the problem?
can i fix it somehow, by changing parts? or time to get a replacement?
am a noobie - can u get the servo from hobby shop? can i use different make servo futaba etc?
btw my tx is a sanwa mx3

Last edited by kimi; 07-30-2003 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Clicking noise

The noise you hear is most likely the plastic gears being stripped after a collision. You need to buy new gears for them. I think it is about RM25 per set. Better that you buy a new analog servo that has metal gears, you will not regret this purchase. Yes, you can use a Futaba or whatever ... with your MX3.

Ask around for the gears, not everyone carries the gears.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks - what servo to get

What would be a good analog servo with metal gears n nt too expensive?
PLease tell me how much is the market price. TQ
Old 08-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Servos

Dude ... get the HITEC one, its about RM250 or so I believe. Don't bother to get the better ones as they cost up to RM350 and with an MX3 there is no real need for it. I think you can just get the HIGH TORQUE ones, I can't imagine the real need for HIGH SPEED servos. Call at most of the hobby shops and find out what is best.

There is Nam Lee in Damansara Jaya, HPC in Subang, TP Racing in Bandar Sunway, Ampang Park and many other places to look for
Old 08-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default thanks for the info

thanks man, i dun really have RM250 to spend now, just spent on a fast charger yesterday, and got myself a starter box a couple weeks back.

I tried opening the servo last night, found out one of the teeth is missing, even did a little "mod" but it did not help. Guess my best solution now is to find the replacement gears. Guess no point in investing on another plastic gear servo, cause it would break again in time. Hope a metal gear one should last longer - i hope.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Metal gears

Kimi, you cannot buy replacement metal gears for your SX112. You need new servos for that. Since you are short of cash then just get the new plastic gears and this time when you are driving be careful around the corners, alternatively when you are about to shunt keep the wheel STRAIGHT, that will be hard to achieve but then what else can you do till you get the new servo.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

no what i meant is gettin a servo with metal gear (high torque)
i'll try to drive more carefully now. Really all the crashes cost some parts - luckily my friends have some spare parts avail for me to use

better save up for a new high torque servo - in the meantime if i can only find the plastic gears replacement......