R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Malaysian R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers-48/)
-   -   Alex Design Barracuda R2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers/21444-alex-design-barracuda-r2.html)

Pandora's Box 07-17-2003 01:50 PM

Alex Design Barracuda R2

Here we go!

I'm building the R2 now and will post what I think about it soon. When I first saw it in RC World(Jap Mag) I thought ''what an exotic car''. Now it's in my hand:cool: :cool: :)

I'll be building it with the mid span lower arms instead of the stock arms since I'll be running it at the Yok track. Will let you guys know how it goes.

rcsabah 07-17-2003 02:07 PM

don't follow the instruction on the shims adjust your self to have it smooth it will be quiter. the servo stay have to cut a bit or used the TB EVO 3 servo stay alum.

Ah Wei 07-17-2003 02:19 PM

what do you think about its left right weight distribution?

the barracuda motor mount got more gearing potential than the yokomo sd

Pandora's Box 07-18-2003 11:20 AM

This is only my humble opinion.

I feel it makes sense to run the motor on the left because when the motor accelerates there should be some side torque created by the motor that will be acting on the chasis; pushing more weight toward the right of the car. What I'm talking about here? Example: hold a motor in your hand and give it a rev, you would feel it pulling to one side.

Therefore a motor mounted on the right side of the chasis would create a higher amount of ''torque steer''.

A motor mounted on the left would still have some torque steer but more of it would be pushing down onto the center of the chasis.

I may be wrong........because there are many manufacturers designing cars with the motor mounted on the right. I haven't driven any shaft drive cars yet. So I'll soon find out if we could actually feel this.:D :D :D

Any comments?:sneaky:

rcsabah 07-18-2003 12:42 PM

we discover that too.
for SD or any motor mounted on the right would create a force on the side of the chasis
for motor mounted on the left the force is more on the center.

can try this on a twist station

that why pro 4 will be out of my shoping list,...

rcsabah 07-18-2003 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Ah Wei
what do you think about its left right weight distribution?

the barracuda motor mount got more gearing potential than the yokomo sd

the weight distribution eh.......not much
the car entering corner left / right ok. only when accelerate left right stering rate different a lot

jfc_tech 07-18-2003 07:58 PM

There u go...some advice from the experience shaft driver.

Im wondering too, why more & more manufacturer design the e-kit with motor on the right????:confused: :weird: One thing for sure, some very high technical explaination involves here!!.

i just know my TC3(motor on the right) is really unstable coming out of right-to-left corner. finger control is a must when using mod motor of 10T & below. on the straight...is very stable, no prob:D

rcsabah, the race last nite i assumed is postphoned due to rain, eh? i can't join, no extra servo.

Ah Wei 07-19-2003 11:27 AM

Originally posted by jfc_tech

i just know my TC3(motor on the right) is really unstable coming out of right-to-left corner. finger control is a must when using mod motor of 10T & below.

you mean that motor on the right side cars like

TC3 and Barracuda are very unstable cars??

Fas N furious 07-21-2003 08:36 PM

Ah Wei, the r2 motor mount is on the left and is oppisite side with TC so that is the diferrent.

so rcsabah ,did u try the tweak station ,does it work i want to try it on my R2 too.

Fas N furious 07-22-2003 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hei! guys new hop up for R2 by xenon racing at this attachment
:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

Ah Wei 07-23-2003 10:17 AM

i 'll stick to my TC3 for it's simplicity

Fas N furious 08-01-2003 10:33 AM

rc sabah any race news in sabab.

jfc_tech 08-11-2003 10:14 PM

Fas N Furios please refer to RC News inSabah thread for any updates on our race(s). Recently we have just finished our penampang EP race AND RCSABAH got 3rd with its barracuda R2.

:spidey:

Zainudin Racing 08-13-2003 10:08 AM

anybody racing the barracuda next weekend in Subang?

zachariah 08-13-2003 10:49 AM

What is the date and time of the race in Subang?