Johor Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:21 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kluang Race 20/July/2003

Hihi....
The Kluang race wasnt really a big fight among many KL and Johor drivers as many didnt turn up due to heavy rain the night b4.However, it was sunny the during the whole race day and everything went on smoothly xcept for computer problem during the first heat.

Anyway, TQ was won by Mizam (MTX3) Hobbizone KL
Champion : Lai Kok Heng (MTX3)HPC KL
2nd : Kok Heng (V1RR) TCSS JB
3rd : Niko Cheng (T.Tiger) Niko JB
4th : Me (V1RR) TCSS JB
5th : Sam (V1RR) TCSS JB
Sorry , not to sure bout the race.

Some scope during A Main Finals 30mins race i heard,

Mizam was leading the race for the first 5 min, I was second followed by Kok Heng, Sam, Lai Kok Heng & Niko. Mizam car got engine cut & he dropped to 8th and I took over the lead followed by Kok Heng, Sam, LKH ( Lai Kok Heng) & Niko. I was leading comfortably (probably 1 lap ahead) when all of sudden my front wheel nut came loose and sent my wheel flying away.Thats when Kok Heng took over the lead followed by LKH,Niko & Sam and I was 4 laps down from the leader after the incident. Now into the 20mins, LKH took over the lead due to KoK Heng engine cut, followed by Kok Heng, Niko, Sam etc and I managed to close the gaps to 2 laps from the leader when my wheel nut came loose again from the same wheel.DAMN! as I was chasing fiercely.So fierce that I even take the risk of overtaking cars on the long straight,easily, thanks to the insane power of the NS12. a lot of people was impress it could even take on RB Rody Roems as well...and on the long straight
So dat was an advantage for me together with long refuel time of 6 1/2 mins.
Now,back to the race (sorry got carried away there) into the last 5mins, Lai Kok Keng still lead the race with Kok Heng followed closely behind with approx. 5 seconds gap, Niko Cheng , Sam and me at 5th position . Later on I heard Kok Heng managed to took back the lead but the another engine cut cost him to lose it back to LKH. By then, there was not much time left to chase and LKH(Lai Kok Heng) eventually emerged the champion with 89laps, followed by Kok Heng also on 89lap, Niko Cheng was 88 lap and I actually managed to take 4th position on the last minute with 85laps by overtaking Sam 5th who also finished on 85lap.

Conclusion ; LKH ran smoothly throught the race without any problem (slow & steady) Kok Heng got 2 times engine cut (suprises me as it was OS engine, probably due to overheating) myself 2 times of wheel nut getting loose ( lots of friends later on donated me threadlocks and SCREWING me after the race .Mizam engine called it a day with numerous engine cut (Novarossi S5). Sorry, I'm not so sure of happenings on the other partipants. This is what i was told by a friend who watched the race.

Lastly, it was a fun day and the sight of my car overtaking at the long straight is trully xstacy!!
Lady luck is no longer intered in me
Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

thank you for the race report, rudy!
may Angel be with you in the coming S2 race, bring back glory for Johorean, k!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Kluang Race 20/July/2003

Rudy, thanks for the report and congrats! 4th placing is not bad

What gearing did you use on the V1RR? Was it a technical or a high speed track?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wah another direct hit from my favourite car. Mugen of course.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 AM
ruD
Tech Master

Initial D,
The track can be considered as medium in technical but with a very long straight. I was using 16/21 pinion with 49/45 spurs.

V1R,
With ur blessings, hopefully the angel will be on my side for S2
Old 07-21-2003, 11:17 PM
ruD
Tech Master

Originally posted by Danny Teh
wah another direct hit from my favourite car. Mugen of course.
Direct hit or wateva u wan to saylah.
Since the Mugen and M-Speed is your favourite, y dont u get one and race it? better than just talk here and there rite? Ever heard of the phrase empty vase makes the most noise?
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Empty Vessel, Master ruD, Empty Vessel makes the most noise, the same as Pipe without Chamber!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Prophet

But a pipe that gives the most noise provides the most power, right?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are you guys talking about my std TC3 pipe? no chamber and damn noisy. Want to change to dual chamber but according to some hobby shop owner not much extra performance but just some added torque and lower noise level. Was advised not to change until original pipe koyak if on budget.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes, on the NTC3 dual chamber pipe, the second chamber is only for noise reduction. Nothing else. That is why we measure the pipe length from the end of the exhaust pipe to the section where the 1st and 2nd chamber welding meets.

I think you got it terbalik. The stock kit pipe with no second chamber is for torque while the dual chamber pipe is for high speed RPM. The reason is the bigger the pipe volume and the longer the length of the pipe (in the case of the stock kit pipe), the more bottom end you get. With the dual chamber pipe, the pipe length is shortened because of the existance of the 2nd chamber.

With the stock kit pipe, you can use larger 1st gear pinions. The dual chamber pipe, you will want to gear the 1st and 2nd gear pinions smaller as you want to compensate the pipe giving less torque and take advantage of the pipe's high RPM biased.

The short RDLogics NTC3 pipe is a good high revving pipe. Good for high speed tracks You may even get away with 20/26 on the Seremban 2 track with that pipe.

So if you're on a budget and decide to stick to the stock pipe, it is important to play around with gearing and take advantage of it.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, on the NTC3 dual chamber pipe, the second chamber is only for noise reduction. Nothing else. That is why we measure the pipe length from the end of the exhaust pipe to the section where the 1st and 2nd chamber welding meets.

I think you got it terbalik. The stock kit pipe with no second chamber is for torque while the dual chamber pipe is for high speed RPM. The reason is the bigger the pipe volume and the longer the length of the pipe (in the case of the stock kit pipe), the more bottom end you get. With the dual chamber pipe, the pipe length is shortened because of the existance of the 2nd chamber.

With the stock kit pipe, you can use larger 1st gear pinions. The dual chamber pipe, you will want to gear the 1st and 2nd gear pinions smaller as you want to compensate the pipe giving less torque and take advantage of the pipe's high RPM biased.

The short RDLogics NTC3 pipe is a good high revving pipe. Good for high speed tracks You may even get away with 20/26 on the Seremban 2 track with that pipe.

So if you're on a budget and decide to stick to the stock pipe, it is important to play around with gearing and take advantage of it.
Yup understand that the stock pipe is for torque but the hobby shop ppl said for pick-up - torque? Donnolar, sometimes you will only know it when you have it!. Cant afford to throw money away like that.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Ummm, pick up, torque... I guess it's the same thing...
Old 07-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

aiya, silly me forgot to mention that the hobby shop ppl told me that about the dual chamber pipe not the stock lar!!. they say will increase pick up woh. Maybe with higher final drive?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:05 AM
ruD
Tech Master

Default BestMart Track

The track is done and is ready for everyone to try
Attached Thumbnails Johor Race Series-dscf0042a.jpg  
Old 07-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: BestMart Track

rud,

from the pix, the track looks good ..... it's definitely worth the run..... but have they done anything about the stand????

it's kinda shaky though......

Originally posted by ruD
The track is done and is ready for everyone to try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.