Wiki Posts
Search

GO Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Smile GO Engine

Is GO engine and GO TECH engine the same? How do you know when you have enough break-in before fully throttle? I heard that there are many ways of break-in, but which way is the safetest and can prolong engine usage?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catkchun
Is GO engine and GO TECH engine the same? How do you know when you have enough break-in before fully throttle? I heard that there are many ways of break-in, but which way is the safetest and can prolong engine usage?
Hi, basically the GO engine & GO Tech are the same...GO Tech are for US market if i'm not mistaken..
The best way to break in engine is on the break in bench if you have, first 5 tanks slow low throttle and next 3 tanks use high throttle, after that put it on the car and run with rich tuning, and 1 tank u can start to tune your engine until you feel the power band increase... I do it on my Go engine and my enigne almost last for a year even I have participate for few races..
Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LoBil
Hi, basically the GO engine & GO Tech are the same...GO Tech are for US market if i'm not mistaken..
The best way to break in engine is on the break in bench if you have, first 5 tanks slow low throttle and next 3 tanks use high throttle, after that put it on the car and run with rich tuning, and 1 tank u can start to tune your engine until you feel the power band increase... I do it on my Go engine and my enigne almost last for a year even I have participate for few races..
Hi LoBil, what happen if i dont have the bench, can i breakin the engine by letting it run slowly on the ground? Do you use heat gun to break in ur engine? Heard from some one, they said that this engine need 1 to 1.5 galoon for proper breakin, is that true?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

1 to 1.5 gallons ? I think you had wrote it wrongly as i believe it should only be 1 or 1.5 tankful of fuel.
Modern engines are manufactured to a higher degree of tolerences and will be will be sufficiently run-in by couple of tankful of fuel.
Personally i wouldnt run it full throttle OFF the ground, as the engine will be running un-loaded .It may break the conrod . Last time, i ran mine very rich on a flat ground for couple of tanks. Kinda frustating cause the engine keeps dying as it was very rich.

sllim
Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Hi LoBil, what happen if i dont have the bench, can i breakin the engine by letting it run slowly on the ground? Do you use heat gun to break in ur engine? Heard from some one, they said that this engine need 1 to 1.5 gallon for proper breaking, is that true?
if you dont have any bench, just run in on the car by not run the car on the ground, slow throttle for 5 tanks, after that test your compression on the flywheel whether very hard to turn or when you turn there will be a part of resistant, if do,pls run in again for 1 or 2 tanks before you go for high throttle run in..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Do you use heat gun to break in ur engine? Heard from some one, they said that this engine need 1 to 1.5 galoon for proper breakin, is that true?
Heat gun is for other country that have cool weather, because of weather they need to heat up the engine block before the engine can start properly...
Go engine dont need up to 1.5 gallon for proper run in..if you are using RB or some other europe engine you might need almost 2 gollan to break-in..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Heat gun is for other country that have cool weather, because of weather they need to heat up the engine block before the engine can start properly...
Go engine dont need up to 1.5 gallon for proper run in..if you are using RB or some other europe engine you might need almost 2 gollan to break-in..
Bro are you for real about 1.5 to 2 gallons of fuel to break in a European engine? I have my eyes on a Nova P5, RB Concept CE and Axe Rossi Mamba. Kindly advice thanks!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Aiks...my seller told me the other way oh... For heatgun, it used to loosen the piston/sleeve so that easy to start. Not sure you all use this method or not?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Aiks...my seller told me the other way oh... For heatgun, it used to loosen the piston/sleeve so that easy to start. Not sure you all use this method or not?
Ya..you can say that is another method to loosen the piston/sleeve but we dont practice that over here...anyway result still the same you still need to run in the engine for many tanks...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
Bro are you for real about 1.5 to 2 gallons of fuel to break in a European engine? I have my eyes on a Nova P5, RB Concept CE and Axe Rossi Mamba. Kindly advice thanks!
Yes, i ran in the RB WS7III with one of my fren, after 1.5 gallons and it still tie.. but now of this day some of the European engine are OEM form Taiwan..I think RB, Nova still from Europe not sure about others...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Yes, i ran in the RB WS7III with one of my fren, after 1.5 gallons and it still tie.. but now of this day some of the European engine are OEM form Taiwan..I think RB, Nova still from Europe not sure about others...
Thanks!

DO you think this suggests European engines can hold their pinch and compression longer since they're a pain in the @55 to break in?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
Thanks!

DO you think this suggests European engines can hold their pinch and compression longer since they're a pain in the @55 to break in?
that's is depend on your driving style and the way take care of your engine after your run...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

More tips from this forum..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

that's is depend on your driving style and the way take care of your engine after your run...
are you ising GO 5P engine? how's the performance? Low end?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Talking

Hot topic of the DAY

Actually I feel that break in process is almost same and just follow which guru/ sifu you want to follow. May this time round you use sifu Lobil method, next time use MY method Maybe I my method running life shorter, so next time just follow sifu Lobil method till you old..........All have diff method to break in the engine.......janji you happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.