Wiki Posts
Search

Need help on my glow plug igniter

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Need help on my glow plug igniter

Its brand CPV racing. The problem is sometime got "api"..sometime doest. I just bought it afew weeks ago. According to the shop owner..normally the glow plug igniter would last about a month once it has been fully charge. I charged it last 5 days ago using my Tahmazo charger..but sometime..no "api" sometime ada api..I dunno whther my glow plug rosak atau my igniter rosak. Yang peliknya tu..bila i tukar glow plug baru..pun tak der api. (I guna O.S 8 plug)Tapi..bila i relax kejap dlm 5 minit..and try balik..i tengok ada plak api...It happened to me twice already..since I bought my RTR a few aweeks ago.Apa yang tak kena yea?.. Can anyone help me out here.

Any good brand for glow plug igniter? Where to buy and how much it cost?..I'm in PJ area. Tq
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

is this glow heater is new unit? Maybe you need to recharge it again to confirm. What type glow heater you have now? Can change battery type or the battery direct solder on it? May suspect your glow heater battery weak already as you say rest then got " api ". If the glow plug bad and good glow heater then I am sure it still got "api" on your glow plug......If glow plug no "api" then problem is on the glow heater.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

maybe bateri tak contact dengan betul kut...
i suggest u to go to offroad track like HPC,JSA or titiwangsa and try korek ilmu all the sifu there..

u are lucky coz your location close to official offroad track and got lots of sifu there me...everything got to troubleshoot alone ...nasib baik ada internet and sms hahahahaha
Old 08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cbd5336
maybe bateri tak contact dengan betul kut...
i suggest u to go to offroad track like HPC,JSA or titiwangsa and try korek ilmu all the sifu there..

u are lucky coz your location close to official offroad track and got lots of sifu there me...everything got to troubleshoot alone ...nasib baik ada internet and sms hahahahaha
OK..TQ guyss.. anyway..HPC and JSA stand for what?..I know a track at Titiwangsa only..Where are HPC and JSA located?..Tq
Old 08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tkhoo
is this glow heater is new unit? Maybe you need to recharge it again to confirm. What type glow heater you have now? Can change battery type or the battery direct solder on it? May suspect your glow heater battery weak already as you say rest then got " api ". If the glow plug bad and good glow heater then I am sure it still got "api" on your glow plug......If glow plug no "api" then problem is on the glow heater.
Its a brand new heater I bought 2 weeks a go and only been used for about 6 times. The brand is CPV Racing (dunno whether this is a good brand or lousy one). Do you know what is the good brand for the heater?..Any specific brand. I would rather spend some money for good heater rather than the frustration when cannot start. Hehehe
Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
tornado

HPC = High Performance Centre (Offroad & Onroad Track @ Glenmarie)
JSA = Jump Square Arena (Offroad Track Somewhere but private for "1st class members" oni...)

Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It will depend on the battery in the starter. Nimh will start to self discharge as soon as its charged. I always charge mine the day before race day and if I can, in between races. If you charge at .5 amps, it will give you a longer charge capacity.
As the old saying goes, no glow, no go.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

JSA = Jump Square Arena (Offroad Track Somewhere but private for "1st class members" oni...)[/QUOTE]

no komen nanti kena ..