Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
How to know that you are not being ripped off by the shop owner? >

How to know that you are not being ripped off by the shop owner?

How to know that you are not being ripped off by the shop owner?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by azmin
Thanks a lot guys..for all the friendly suggestions.. I guess..there is no EASY WAY rightt..
I did ask one shop in ATRIA..whether he could do the engine tuning if I bought second hand car from someone else..and he said..." I might not have the spare part ..and for tuning I will surely charge you..why dunt you buy a brand new?.."..hemm.. it scared me lah bro to get 2nd hand..afraid that no one will help me whenever i'm in trouble with my nitro car..BUT still..I'm hunting for one 1/8 nitro buggy for my son to keep me company when bashing during weekend...hehe. I already got mine Hyper 8 but felt that the owner sold to me at quite a high price..hemm..but since cannot tahan..I grabbed it anyway (last week)..hohohoh. Only after a few days..i realised the price I bought was a few hundres ringgit more than what it should be .i guess..i learnt the lesson already..hehhe

Hi, you say the owner mah...so we thought is 2nd hand....Yes, play alone no shoik........where are you located?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To bro Tkhoo and DEvious17. Maybe u did not read my lines carefully..or maybe my English is bad..hehe The Hyper 8 I bought was not a second hand,...it was a brand new. BUT now I'm still looking for ANOTHER second hand buggy so I can play together with my son during weekend. Play alone not syok lahh rite!!
Eh! where have I ever mentioned you bought a used buggy laa?

Stock? Kinstel or WCT construction hehehehehe
Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Heli looks very NICE..compared to car..but the speed of CAR and the noise of nitro power engine..are MUCH better..hehehe

yeasszaaa...and wait till one day maybe u will hear these words coming out of your mouth..." weeiih bila lagi race aa"
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi,

My suggestion is to ask around friends who are into rc where is a good place to go. One thing - to me, it's more than just getting a bargain - if u want to do that, buy online from Hong Kong or even USA. Ask around who or which shop has good service with reasonable price. For a newbie (much like myself ), one needs some advice from the LHS on what to buy or do to get the most out of one's toys.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
mcj
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default WCT

Originally Posted by devious17

I thought WCT is doing quite well!! F1 circuit in Abu Dhabi now, or is it Dubai, cant remember. Sensative subject anyway. Stock market, can make as much as you can break.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Yup WCT is doing good even though the volume may look slow but it is good. Kinstel is spliting soon so it may be a good buy too , it's fundamentals is showing good prospect and NEP is also confirming that. .....but a bit on the hefty side loo
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm from Selangor... Actually..I love RC car very much since I was a kid..but my parents couldnt afford it. So only a few weeks ago when I suddenly got snapped in the head..heheh...( I lost huge money in stock market recently). Then I said to myself..why not I spend a few thousand for RC..rather than loosing tenth..or hundreds..thousand in the lousy stock market..hehhehehe. IN fact I'm also trying to learn to fly heli..BUT I found out very difficult..Maybe I need to buy good heli coz they look more stable. Hemm...

Heli looks very NICE..compared to car..but the speed of CAR and the noise of nitro power engine..are MUCH better..hehehe
confuse to choose which one ka? go one for which ur heart desires..
Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Hi, you say the owner mah...so we thought is 2nd hand....Yes, play alone no shoik........where are you located?
Sorry dude..i mean the owner is the shop owner..heheh sorry..my bad ..my bad....i'm from selangor..working in pj..but staying in serdang area...what abaout you?..where u usually play your car?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yeahjamal
Not confused...just want to diversify my hobby hehehe...i want play both heli and car..and perhaps..plane...Boat..not sure coz macam tak best jer
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Wow..u guys into stock too?..hemmm..stock is killing me lah bro..stock market needs discipline...strong discipline...in which i did not have one.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Not confused...just want to diversify my hobby hehehe...i want play both heli and car..and perhaps..plane...Boat..not sure coz macam tak best jer
same as me..GP or EP..finally i play both..but still in learning proces..by the way i am also a newbie..2months old..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Custom Duty

Originally Posted by joeling
Hi,

My suggestion is to ask around friends who are into rc where is a good place to go. One thing - to me, it's more than just getting a bargain - if u want to do that, buy online from Hong Kong or even USA. Ask around who or which shop has good service with reasonable price. For a newbie (much like myself ), one needs some advice from the LHS on what to buy or do to get the most out of one's toys.

Regards,
Joe Ling

If USA also import the goods from Taiwan ( OFNA Hobao)

Why Malaysia cannot order from Taiwan straight away ?

If we buy from USA, USA buy from Taiwan, isn't the transport and handling cost, priofit and tax etc..-\ making the total costs higher
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vic88my
If USA also import the goods from Taiwan ( OFNA Hobao)

Why Malaysia cannot order from Taiwan straight away ?

If we buy from USA, USA buy from Taiwan, isn't the transport and handling cost, priofit and tax etc..-\ making the total costs higher
It's called 'business' otherwise any tom dick or harry will be a dealer and start price war just to make that additional 50cent
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

It's called 'business' otherwise any tom dick or harry will be a dealer and start price war just to make that additional 50cent
50cent?then can use it to go shower at tt toilet..
Wow..u guys into stock too?..hemmm..stock is killing me lah bro..stock market needs discipline...strong discipline...in which i did not have one.
guess no different in anythg,even rc nids it,u l hv 2choose the level u wana go..
then ur stock fren wil com say u beter back in stock than rc..hehe!
Originally Posted by yeahjamal
thats right..make frens to which 1 u would like to venture,much ez.get mor info&frens bout wat u like,linger around d place u plan to hang out&play,wat most customer look is d service&envirönment of d shop,myb its a bit xpnsve u gota pay coz of d service&migt get cheaper at other place wit good servce too..
Hobby stil can say cheap but not racing..

good luck!