Wiki Posts
Search

Engine leaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkhoo
after 4gallon of fuel ahh does my engine will "KABOOOOOM" cannot boom one lah....only thing u will feel engine no power oh my GOD so how can i prevent from this ??? >.< any symton that i need to repair liaw b4 is to late ??? engine no power lor....repair? change piston n seleev

yea lo me also really sayang all my car including my Real scare 1/1 vios lolz... of coz my RC car also... if one day dun c her i feel like gonna die
[/QUOTE]

change piston n seleev izzit possible can diy to change it without any special tools like clucth remover ??? or flywheel remover ??? thx for ur advice really apprciated
Old 08-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by catkchun
hi..u play what car/buggy/truck? wanna join us bashing...err...if you are in Penang
erm... of coz i wanna join XD

i play onroad and allitle bit offroad... haha but i far far away from penang lolz
Old 08-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vios8820
TeeKuang sifu... i would like to ask u some question about engine...

1 normally how long does a engine can last if taking engine very very gud care about it ???

2 normally does the tuning would change again ? if we set it nicely ?? because i notice that last time i play at hot day... it work very fast though... but the next time i play again i notice that the car become slower at cooler day.. and rpm a bit more higher... and slower than b4 alot alot

3 normally how long life span does a starter box can last ?? i mean da rubber roller <:::: donno how to call than and the motor ~~

4 izzit nesssary to spary WD40 if i already to put afterrun oil in to my engine ??

5 if my engine got some dirt inside ~ so how can i remove it ?? without open the whole engine ~~ becoz i still noobie dun dare to do so... scare donno how to reinstalll >.<

really need ur expert advice.. i sooo sayang my engine and my car
seriously, I'm not sifu la.. but i'll try to help if i can.
1. Seriously, I can't really answer you this question, too many types of engines, fuel, break in method and tuning. some people claimed it will last up to 10 gallon, some fail less than a gallon. it really depends on your type of fuel, your tuning(that's including engine temp), if you engine is running too cold, your sleeve and piston will worn out prematurely because it's not in proper working temp and the sleeve did not expand properly, since the piston and sleeve are too tight, the will worn out faster. and if you are running too hot, the lubricant break down causing excessive friction because metal to metal direct contact, metal such as alu will become weaker due to high temp, conrod will fail, conrod bushings melt. piston and sleeve generally will last longer than conrod and bearings, so, better check those parts regularly, if your conrod break, you can kiss good bye to your engine and if the bearing chipped off, you can say tata to your piston and sleeve.

2. I believe it will, since our engine worn out hours after hours tuning change, same as weather, any weather changes and baromatric pressure, you should re-tune it. cooler weather, rich it up abit ermm ... about 1/4 turn counter clockwise. hotter day, revert back to previous setting. I don't care what people say, but i believe cold plug is for cold weather, hot plug for hotter day. you are using kyosho engine right? then better use OS 8 plug.

3. really don't know, depends on how your engine compression, size of engine, flywheel type and how frequent you start your engine.

4. no need, if you are not using filled crank, just use WD-40 alone, this thing is great!. it not only protect from rust, it also displace any moisture and clean engine's internal.

5. how the dirt go inside there? if you don't want to dismantle your engine, just use lots of WD-40 spray it inside da hole and then pour it out for few times turn your engine abit then repeat spraying and pour out.

I'm also sayang my engine, that why i mod my hyper .21 engine kaw kaw.. cut some additional turbo scoops and bore the crankshaft, I sayang the engine even more after the mod, because the power satisfy me.

Me not sifu, only love this hobby so much.... always kasi korek sama itu engine for my friends.. Sorry ha.. bad english.. saya budak baru belajar, kalau salah tolong jolokkan
Old 08-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vios8820
after 4gallon of fuel ahh does my engine will "KABOOOOOM" oh my GOD so how can i prevent from this ??? >.< any symton that i need to repair liaw b4 is to late ???

yea lo me also really sayang all my car including my Real scare 1/1 vios lolz... of coz my RC car also... if one day dun c her i feel like gonna die
it won't kaboom la.. don't worry about anything else, just check your conrod and bearings frequently, if your conrod break, you can only hear "thug" sound, not kaboom la..
Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

thx alot really appricated alot teekuang for me ur sifu ^^
dun worry about da english coz mind are very lauya english also ur better than mind coz when i c ur post i still need my english to chinese dictionary ...
i have already change my engine to Thunder Tiger evo.12 engine... because my kyosho engine kon liaw... already RIP liaw store in my tools box soo sayang to throw away there is sth i would like to ask with this engine last time i notice it ... it become very slow sometimes but this happen very rarely ~~ when i at high speed... it happen once last time i have no idea about it ~~ any waring sign about tat ?? coz i heard other ppl told me possible that my bearing almost kon liaw.... btw wat is "turbo scoops" can i do it for mind also >.< haha
Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TeeKuang
your piston and sleeve.

4. no need, if you are not using filled crank, just use WD-40 alone, this thing is great!. it not only protect from rust, it also displace any moisture and clean engine's internal.

5. how the dirt go inside there? if you don't want to dismantle your engine, just use lots of WD-40 spray it inside da hole and then pour it out for few times turn your engine abit then repeat spraying and pour out.
just sharing my experience
i had 2 engine(nsr12s5 and a noob kyosho gs15r engine) tried with this WD-40 occasionally when after run oil outta stock.and clean my engine inside out once in 2 weeks.
result: no sign of damage to sleeve and piston.

hope this can help
Old 09-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
just sharing my experience
i had 2 engine(nsr12s5 and a noob kyosho gs15r engine) tried with this WD-40 occasionally when after run oil outta stock.and clean my engine inside out once in 2 weeks.
result: no sign of damage to sleeve and piston.

hope this can help
Yeap, as I said, if you are not using Putty filled/red dot crank shaft, just use WD40 as after run oil, it works great, prevent your engine from rust, clean internal and displace moisture. If you are using putty filled/red dot crankshaft, avoid using WD40 or any similar product, as they will eats up or soften the putty/red dot.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Sifus TeeKuang and all guru's,

Sorry a bit out of topic. Just curious to know
1) what is the best range engine temperature when running in celcius?

2)When is the best time to check the temperature on the engine when its running? Is it after a few laps with full throttle enough to get the needed temp.

3) If we are using IR Temp gun, where is the best spot on the engine to look out for temperature? Glow Plug?

Quite new to this hobby and need some experienced advised from you guys. Thanks a Lot.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kareem
Sifus TeeKuang and all guru's,

Sorry a bit out of topic. Just curious to know
1) what is the best range engine temperature when running in celcius?

2)When is the best time to check the temperature on the engine when its running? Is it after a few laps with full throttle enough to get the needed temp.

3) If we are using IR Temp gun, where is the best spot on the engine to look out for temperature? Glow Plug?

Quite new to this hobby and need some experienced advised from you guys. Thanks a Lot.
I'm not sifu.. just newbie..
Most engine manufacturer recommend 105 Celsius, but some engine won't run at it's best at that temp, some engine prefer 130+ Celsius. you should measure at glow plug area, because top of the head is slightly lower temp, glow plug is the best to measure. The best time to check engine temp is when you run at hi speed for few laps. this is to make sure the chassis plate is hot enough, because chassis plate also function as heatsink. to tell you the truth, I don't measure the temp on my engine, I use saliva test and I just listen to it's sound and see how it perform when I tune it and I always look exhaust smoke, no smoke = lack of lubrication AKA too lean . i think, when you familiarize with engine tuning, you don't want to use temp gun anymore. just my RM0.02.
saya budak baru belajar, kalau salah tolong jolokkan.... rasa sayang hey..
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default adding a bit

like TEe kuang and others mentions proper engine maintenance is crucial to have a longer lasting motor. it is wise to clean your motor after a few litres of runtime. from there u have a chance to check for worn parts and etc. at least u will know what to expect afterwards.

another thing is, the best way to make sure that your motor is running "safe" beside spit test ( using saliva0) and temp gun., after few laps check visually top of piston / bottom of glow plug and see if its to dry or wet....slight wet is good ...(make sure u stop the motor 1st )
- running to lean will shorten the motor life span...

good luck.

Last edited by rcabj; 09-19-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spellin
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeeKuang
to tell you the truth, I don't measure the temp on my engine, I use saliva test

tapi jangan ko pergi jilat pulak enjin tu hahahahahahah
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbd5336

kalo enjin sejuk ok lah, tapi kalau tgh over heating
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

eshh... ketandusan je bunyi nya haha.
neway,slmt berpuasa
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cbd5336

takkan jilat enjin.. jilat bende "lain" ok gak...
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks "newbies TeeKuang" aka sifus and all gurus for answering my "real" newbie question. Really apprecite it. So, the conclusion saliva is the most effective method to know the engine temp and cheap is it? Will try to search on the net how this salive work. Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.