Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements >

Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements

Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements

Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Show us your RC car racing Experience/Achievements

It does not matter how good or how bad your RC races were. It's good to share it with others.....May be some memorable ones, funny ones, sad one....Better still, your best ones.

Let me start the ball rolling.

1st race : 1994 Buggy on road
Place : Titiwangsa On road track
Car : Tamiya Terra Conqueror
Placing : B-main last (Transponder did not register due to tercabut while racing). Was running mid pack till the last lap but the AMB di not register my lap times......

Memorable race (Got a few to share):

1st one: Cant remember which year - late 90s (97-98 I suppose)
Place : Tampin stadium temporary track
Car : Tamiya TA03
Placing : A-main last

Why was it memorable :
1. Toasted my Tx battery tray when accidently reverse polarity
2. TQ with Ong Chee Yoong and some good driver behind me..... heh heh heh very rare indeed
3. Was leading race for a couple of laps when I pushed into a barrier by another driver. Busted my motor. You knowlah TA03 front mounted motor....
rugi woo.......

2nd one: Singapore Thunderbold Race 1995
Place : Orchard Road, in front of Takashimaya
Car : Tamiya Front Wheel Drive Honda Civic
Placing : A-main 3rd behind Ridwan Pendek and Kenny Chua (Singapore Pro IFMAR driver.)
Why was it memorable :
1. Did not realise it was a 2 race final. First final managed 2nd placing behind Kenny
2. 2nd final had to use my spare battery that was not fully charged. Was lying 2nd for 90% of the race when my battery dumped..... In the end I was placed 3rd on average result
3. There were at least 5 Malaysian out of 10 A main drivers and 2 were standing on the podium. Malaysia Boleh....

So there you are guys my share of experience. Now Ridwan and me dah pencen racing rc cars and living a more sedate lifestyle of RC Plane/Heli. Anyone care to join us?
Attached Thumbnails Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-thunrace.jpg   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-pit.jpg   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-third.jpg   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-thunder.jpg  

Last edited by RedEnzo; 07-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Wah redenzo, you race tamiya car only ka? YOu tapau Chee Yong meh.....? I tot last time you race yokomo/hpi oso.

I got no race memorable one. Always kana tapau one....1st race forgot oredi. Oso good to know other otai 1st race. I sure they oso kana tapau 1st race. Hope they all can share one
Old 05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

well, im new to this RC scene, but here goes. .

1st RC race:
- 2005 NAM LEE Race

Place:
-The Atria rooftop carpark

Car:
- Yokomo SD Black Special

Placing:
- Stock A main 1st runner up

Even though this is was my first race, i think i did pretty well
I was running with the most basic equipments ever! 3300 GPs, LRP sprinter, almost liao tyres, a wrecked bodyshell , and a Yokomo LT motor.

That time everyone was running with all the high end stuffs, and i was like "shit, im the most outdated driver!". So i was expecting to be in C main or D main, but after the qualifying, i managed to get into the A main. Woohoo!!

One of the A main driver was from Australia, he TQ-ed the stock class, and he's running very well, while everyone was struggling to find the perfect setup.

2nd RC race:
- 2006 MMU 1/10 On Road Race
Place:
-Malacca, MITC.

Car:
- Tamiya TA05 (box stock)

Placing:
- Stock B main 2nd runner up

Not much to say, but theres a quite interesting part. It happened when i was
struggling to hold my position (1st) at the final main. Only few laps to go, i noticed that my car was reacting very strange, and out out sudden one of the front tyre flew off!! So basically i was running with only 3 tyres attached to the car! but i did manage to finish the race. Overall the result is acceptable

Hopefully one day i'll get the chance to race internationally!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Way to go bro....

I'm kinda budget driver too....Remembered my first race, I did it with a box stock Tamiya buggy, couple of nikko 1400 mah nicad and using .... dont laugh.... a timer charger bought from Mickey Hobby Trading Melaka......Others were using the state of the art peak chargers and 1700mah matched pack. Mana mau lawan....

We used to race the electric buggy but on road using foam tyres. My tyres, I think the arrow brand was like huge high profile. Can't afford to true the tyres. Takut cepat habis. At RM 50 per pair, mana tahan woooo. My rivals were trueing their tyres a few till a few mm. Habis race dah boleh buang.

Sometimes it's fun being the underdog. No pressure coz no high expectation. During the inaurgaral 1st Tamiya Race last year, my debut car was basically box stock, stock Futaba servo and Analog AM radio. Was targeting only B main. Well.... I did a pretty decent result with it though.....

But once you set a too high expectation, the pressures starts to build up and your stress level increases exponentially. I leard the hard way and was forced to retire. Adios....

Now everyone can fly RC plane.... So join me lah.....
Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedEnzo
Way to go bro....

I'm kinda budget driver too....Remembered my first race, I did it with a box stock Tamiya buggy, couple of nikko 1400 mah nicad and using .... dont laugh.... a timer charger bought from Mickey Hobby Trading Melaka......Others were using the state of the art peak chargers and 1700mah matched pack. Mana mau lawan....

We used to race the electric buggy but on road using foam tyres. My tyres, I think the arrow brand was like huge high profile. Can't afford to true the tyres. Takut cepat habis. At RM 50 per pair, mana tahan woooo. My rivals were trueing their tyres a few till a few mm. Habis race dah boleh buang.

Sometimes it's fun being the underdog. No pressure coz no high expectation. During the inaurgaral 1st Tamiya Race last year, my debut car was basically box stock, stock Futaba servo and Analog AM radio. Was targeting only B main. Well.... I did a pretty decent result with it though.....

But once you set a too high expectation, the pressures starts to build up and your stress level increases exponentially. I leard the hard way and was forced to retire. Adios....

Now everyone can fly RC plane.... So join me lah.....

Wah pakai timer charger pun ade orang nak gelak kaa??? Saya pakai charger buat sendiri sahaja wor.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Waahhh... ini baru betul bajet racer. welcome to the club. Yg buat saya ketawa, timer charger tak tahan lama. Lepas a few charges, benda tu hangus terbakar.....

Anyway this is the pic of my pride and joy. Year born 1994. Built by Mustafa Melaka. Came with three step mechanical speed controller. Toasted it after a few pack.... heh heh heh. Masa zaman jahiliah dulu.

Look maaa.... no wing.... aaghhhh the transponser was attached to it.....Hmmm I wonder whose optima mid overtook me....?
Attached Thumbnails Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-conq.jpg   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-1strace.jpg  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Our Radio Control Club Melaka (RCCM) first Gas Buggy race and also pics of club members carting away prizes where ever we go.... Heh heh heh those were the good old days.
Attached Thumbnails Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-gasrace.gif   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-rccm1.gif   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-rccm2.gif   Show us your 1st RC car racing achievements-rccm3.gif  
Old 05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Bang Sharif u still have that Tamiya Front Wheel Drive Honda Civic? mau jual tak to me? 013-9637746
Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Heh heh heh itu Melaka Champion CAr mana boleh jual lorr.....

Dah hancur dah.....
Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Wahai sifu-sifu RC. Tunjukkanlah gambar-gambar nostalgia kamu mula-mula race dulu..... Hari ini dalam sejarah....
Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default -

haa...yg ni u boleh tanya sama pak ya n his bro
seen some of their early rc days pix...but lupe where...mayb in another forum
Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Dah tak jumpa thread tu lagi. Mungkin dah terlalu lama tak aktif.....
Old 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

aku race Tamiya Series 90s dulu. Remember Mr. Lee from Atria organising the race. Alway got free T-shirts, drinks and the prizes very good wooh....

I use to race the TA02 4wheel driave. Never got beyond c main though. But it was fun. Those day mana ada expensive gadget sangat. RAdio using Sanwa Rival only....
Old 06-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm....come to think of it, i dont remember winning ANY races at all..

But i do remember causing the front runner NOT to win 1 race before. We were racing Tamiya F-101,F-102 n F-103 chassis during Uni days ( Canada) during winter time. He was leading in his Ferrari clad F-103 whilst I was driving the F-101 (Ford Tyrell , i think). I was a 1 lap behind n while negotiating a corner, i banged into him n his car stopped dead....!!!!
Like a typical Malaysian, I make dunno and cabut...but later i appologised to him but he was Ok with it . Phew..Apparently, i had knocked the battery connection loose.
Those were the days.. Touring cars havent really caught on yet n Tamiya had just released the TA-01 chassis. Buggies are hot and still is in North America.

sllim
Old 06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kamikazi
aku race Tamiya Series 90s dulu. Remember Mr. Lee from Atria organising the race. Alway got free T-shirts, drinks and the prizes very good wooh....

I use to race the TA02 4wheel driave. Never got beyond c main though. But it was fun. Those day mana ada expensive gadget sangat. RAdio using Sanwa Rival only....
Yes kamikazi, those were the days. It was really fun. As a matter of fact, the touring car races really took off in Melaka. I first got hooked when I saw those buggy cars converted to onroad. Cars like the tamiya terra Conqueror, Grasshopper, Kyosho ZX, Yokomos - we use to call the brokomo for obvious reason.

My 1st touring car was a FWD honda civic bullet. Seen plenty of actions and successes in its hey days. Did not do too well when I converted to TA02 though.

Originally Posted by seelianglim
Hmmm....come to think of it, i dont remember winning ANY races at all..

But i do remember causing the front runner NOT to win 1 race before. We were racing Tamiya F-101,F-102 n F-103 chassis during Uni days ( Canada) during winter time. He was leading in his Ferrari clad F-103 whilst I was driving the F-101 (Ford Tyrell , i think). I was a 1 lap behind n while negotiating a corner, i banged into him n his car stopped dead....!!!!
Like a typical Malaysian, I make dunno and cabut...but later i appologised to him but he was Ok with it . Phew..Apparently, i had knocked the battery connection loose.
Those were the days.. Touring cars havent really caught on yet n Tamiya had just released the TA-01 chassis. Buggies are hot and still is in North America.

sllim
Wah, See you are actually more otai than me huh...... I only started post TA02 era.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.