Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
CAN WE BE A GOOD INTENRNATIONAL RACE ORGANIZER? >

CAN WE BE A GOOD INTENRNATIONAL RACE ORGANIZER?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAN WE BE A GOOD INTENRNATIONAL RACE ORGANIZER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rizal_eg9
The only thing that Malaysia or malaysian always excell in sports field (Nicol Anne David excluded) is organisation......winning the sports....not yet....

banyak sangat example:
-F1
-Moto GP
-F1 power boat
-monsoon cup
and the list goes on and on......why we can organised the event succesfully.....we have the best hospitality and the facilities......in RC very soon i think.....

So ....yes.....we can organised a good international standard race if we put our effort into it and pull all the string together......cheers
yep..not to forget le tour d langkawi that almost to collapse last 2years event but been taken care last event by the government and only evry went smooth..coz why..money..and power!and personal interest..so in this rc the scenario are about the same and infact so same..then the government shall come in later and i am so glad and happy for it..should it be la..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rizal_eg9
both goes hand in hand......no money ...no power.....and biasenye kalau orang tu no power....no money la.....
power is no 1..power mean power on evrythg and money no problem..money does not mean power on evrythg..just buying power only..reminder to them coz money cant buy trust and loyalty and passions..so be careful..power can overule it anytime and let hope thgs back on the track very soon..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

We need to give support and also MONEY. If we want really good events the organiser needs $$$ to get better amenities etc, sponsorship is not easy in Malaysia as the hobby is very small compared to the US etc ... so we as the hobbyist need to give some financial support too ... this is the acid test, is it all talk only or there will be action.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tIANcI
We need to give support and also MONEY. If we want really good events the organiser needs $$$ to get better amenities etc, sponsorship is not easy in Malaysia as the hobby is very small compared to the US etc ... so we as the hobbyist need to give some financial support too ... this is the acid test, is it all talk only or there will be action.
sponsorship is a plenty......if u think outside the box.....do not constraint it to RC manufacturer or player only.....we still need PA system which is produced by electronic companies.....and all the big companies do govern by social responsibilities..think about all the tax releaved......it all depends on who you are....who you know.....and how you approach them......

disclaimer.....this is not my field.....so this is purely based on my opinion.....and as devious quote it....opinion are like asshole.....everybody have one.....
Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Rizal - the sponsorship game is my field ... hardly anyone is keen to sponsor RC, hardly ... why? The hobby is so small ... numbers are too few. If the event can bring in like 3k-4k in turn out then you have a small chance. The sponsor wants to see how much they can get in return.

Let's say that we organise a race in Titiwangsa ... attracts 10,000 spectators ... trust me, then you can get sponsorship from people like telcos, confectionary companies, soft drinks etc.

A Hobby Fest is in the pipe lines at the moment, let's see what happens. Its an event for RC hobbyists, cars/planes/helis ... let's see if there is support in terms of turn out from the RC community.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

thats rite bro..most people talk oni..do la if they think they do better..i did..so i can talk..u got power..money no poblem..u got oni money to vs power..thats big poblem..
Old 05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A Hobby Fest is in the pipe lines at the moment, let's see what happens. Its an event for RC hobbyists, cars/planes/helis ... let's see if there is support in terms of turn out from the RC community.
cool news......maybe we can have a nitro race indoor finally......
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Rizal - I will never work on an indoor nitro event, you need a lot of ventilation! Hahahahaa ... nanti semua pengsan la. More info on the Hobby Fest soon at RCTECH ... safe to say the proposed venue is in Stadium Negara, KL. All RC things will be welcomed, indoor for EP only, planes/helis/cars.

MAVI - you are right, when you have SPENT your money to support an event then you CAN talk. Have not seen you for long time, good to know you are still active in cars.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe my introduction is a bit “tah apa2” . Anyway let us go by this trail.

Today no RC club or association can claim that they govern RC sports in Malaysia. First of all they are all registered under Society Act 1966. Society Act 1966 only allows you to legally organise events within certain boundaries and conditions. Club and association can collect fund but only as what has been spelled out in “UNDANG-UNDANG PERTUBUHAN”. If club or association need to collect more fund, permission must be first soughed out with Registrar of Society (ROS). Also every year or 2 years club and association must call for AGM to elect new committee members. The handover must be transparent. During AGM it is mandatory for present office bearer to table club accounts and annual activity report. During AGM any arising matters or additional clause to “UNDANG-UNDANG PERTUBUHAN” will be raised. All matters discussed in the meeting must be reported to ROS. Fail to do so or if there is an infringement, the club will be penalised in which the office bearer is libel up to prison sentence. The club or association will be tagged as dormant and after sometime will be struck off from ROS list. Bila ini berlaku … sorry to say … apa saje you buat semua salah dari segi UNDANG-UNDANG MALAYSIA.

What we really need is a MALAYSIAN RC governing body…….. A BOLD MOVE ……

Question? Then how to be recognised as governing body?

OK, to do so we need an RC organisation to be registered under AKTA PEMBANGUNAN SUKAN 2004 (APS 2004). FYI, Under APS 2004 RC is categorised under Sukan Rekreasi. In order to establish the RC governing body, there must be at least 7 RC state association. Presently we only have 1. Therefore sad to say we cannot have one.

Then what should we do ? To establish 7 state associations will take some time. OH Susah nak dapat recognition ….

What we should do in the mean time is to have an RC council. Members of the council must be comprised of all legal and active RC bodies registered in Malaysia. LEGAL and ACTIVE RC bodies … that is why I start this posting with SOCIETY ACT 1966.

These bodies must sign an MOU that spell out the council jurisdiction. It is like few companies forming a consortium. When this is done we have a temporary governing body until a MALAYSIA RC governing body is established. The MOU must be made known to the ROS.

Next, the council can have associated members; they are the LHS. The LHS can form their own consortium under JV agreement. Logically and legally the council can now sign a pact with a group of LHS. Also the council can sign agreement with event organisers. As we know once we have a big event organiser organising an event, then comes the politicians and sponsors. Through event organisers I’m sure, they will make sure the crowd is there. Eg, 6th Jun 2007, RC event in conjunction with launching of TAHUN Melawat Malaysia at Titiwangsa. It took us almost 1 hour just to get out from Titiwangsa.

Now we have three pact components – Msian RC Council, LHS JV Consortium and Event organiser. The council governs the sport and deal with authority, the LHS consortium deals with manufacturer and technology, the event organiser deals with the commercial and organising aspect. It is a win-win situation.

This is the footstep of two “SUKAN REKREASII” and today the two have a governing body and abundance funding – EXTREME GAMES & PAINTBALL.

Pls think about this. I believe our Thai, Singapore and Indonesia friends also follow the same footstep. Well …. Should we too… ?

Rgds
Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Very interesting suggestion ... very very good input! I think coming together is very important. RC needs a body to oversee or govern it. The as said above we can get it 'legal'.

But then the sad part is:

1. LHS will not come together, I hear too many stories and its pathetic
2. Clubs have failed because of politics, this is the feedback I get from RC hobbyist who have been in clubs for the longest of time

This is a Malaysian problem that we need to overcome. We need to pull together and stop b*tching. Its a hobby that we all love, no more politics and other nonsense, no more this LHS is better than that LHS or this team is better than that team ... time for action! Time to make things happen.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

This is a Malaysian problem that we need to overcome. We need to pull together and stop b*tching. Its a hobby that we all love, no more politics and other nonsense, no more this LHS is better than that LHS or this team is better than that team ... time for action! Time to make things happen.
Very true.....Time for a change if we wanna have bigger events in RC, pooled resources among LHS can make things a little more interesting for the hobbyists.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Whole issue is the volunteer..... talk terms among LHS ( is already sakit kepala)....

Abt the govern body... act....I think we can always go the other way round.....

Govenment always want to see your proposal.. unity...... approach than I think irregardless you are what ever clud if they buy the idea.... they wl buy.... Remember Mugen Cup in Titiwangsa.! how support they are? Right?

Ops another factor.... ( how big is your cable (contact) with them lah........
Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syaf13
Whole issue is the volunteer..... talk terms among LHS ( is already sakit kepala)....

Abt the govern body... act....I think we can always go the other way round.....

Govenment always want to see your proposal.. unity...... approach than I think irregardless you are what ever clud if they buy the idea.... they wl buy.... Remember Mugen Cup in Titiwangsa.! how support they are? Right?

Ops another factor.... ( how big is your cable (contact) with them lah........
ooopppsss...syaf..mugen cup was on personal favour..not really gomen support..tell you the truth..datok bandar&pengarah pembangunan a little piss of it coz understandard to dbkl and that goes to dbkl tourism director too..why cant we have more?becoz organizing and asking for gomen to sanctions needs more than knowledge and experience.

my cable not la big..but enuf to cater what is needed only..al maklum..kita pakai stranded cable,so bit hard to pull la..
Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

Rizal - I will never work on an indoor nitro event, you need a lot of ventilation! Hahahahaa ... nanti semua pengsan la. More info on the Hobby Fest soon at RCTECH ... safe to say the proposed venue is in Stadium Negara, KL. All RC things will be welcomed, indoor for EP only, planes/helis/cars.

MAVI - you are right, when you have SPENT your money to support an event then you CAN talk. Have not seen you for long time, good to know you are still active in cars.
hai bro..i always around to see whats happening in rc events..not kira which class..i l try to be there to giv moral supports..even now me nomore in racing,i stil went outstation to support the event..
bout the indoor nitro..its possible but its a bit hassle la to prep the place..and the revenue part will be the most important issues.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i THINK we (malaysian) have all the resources and information that we need to be a good race organiser (international)...take a look at theprevious races that we have done...
a. Mugen Finals in TTwangsa
b. Yearly HPC Cup
c. Yearly Hobao Cup
d. Yearly GS Cup
these were successfull events. If only that we can pool these people and run a postmortem, then definitely we can strike out a better one. POSTMORTEM to me is very important as the information gathered thru this phase can be shared.
Money and Power???what about management???Big money/sponsor but bad management will fail. Lots of power but bad management will also go down the drain.
Organising a race needs proper management not last minute action. With proper management definitely we can tackle & anticipate fundamental issues such as cost and time. Most of successful races have a management team that planned the event/structure a year before the date.
Well planned structure will eliminate matching problems such as cost and time. Proper management can identify relevant and irrelevant cost and matched them ACCORDINGly. usually cost overun will relate to non profitable turnout.
This is just my point of view....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.