Lithium batteries - LiPo LiMn etc >

Lithium batteries - LiPo LiMn etc

Lithium batteries - LiPo LiMn etc

Old 11-23-2007, 12:24 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Should be around rm430+. Tempted to get 1 yourself?
veryyyyy tempted. Will ya buy one ....and kinda loan it to me pehhleezzz

Originally Posted by MTX3-B
oppsss...sorry dude. thot i saw u meddling with that unit
u must have seen it rite...i meddle with anything close by... keyword.... stay faaaaar away LOL!!!

Originally Posted by MTX3-B

why is azman selling that unit?
he told me that he has too much money at hand now... and he cannot stand knowing that charger has 1 tiiiiiiiny microscropic scratch on it LOL!!!

i really have no idea why he's selling
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TrakPower seems to be good choice. The hard-case just like a gold bar.

Saw old-man tested it the other day.

You can get from HPC since they are the one selling them.
what about Flight Power? Im interested in the EVO25C 4350Mah. anyone knows which LHS carries them? Emailed Flightpower but no response from them.

what about LRP LiPo cells? they are rated at 25C but never saw any comments in the US forums or locally... anyone using them and feedbacks?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by doriftu
what about Flight Power? Im interested in the EVO25C 4350Mah. anyone knows which LHS carries them? Emailed Flightpower but no response from them.

what about LRP LiPo cells? they are rated at 25C but never saw any comments in the US forums or locally... anyone using them and feedbacks?
FlightPower = TrakPower both from the same company. FlightPower mainly for RC Planes and Helis.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

FlightPower = TrakPower both from the same company. FlightPower mainly for RC Planes and Helis.
yupi, i know there are both same companies. anyone used Flightpower for their cars? reason is i need a lipo pack which is <20mm thickness so fit into my chassis and Flightpower Evo 4350 thickness is 15mm. and its 25C!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

yupi, i know there are both same companies. anyone used Flightpower for their cars? reason is i need a lipo pack which is <20mm thickness so fit into my chassis and Flightpower Evo 4350 thickness is 15mm. and its 25C!
what car you trying to fit it in? better use hardcase than softcase.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

what car you trying to fit it in? better use hardcase than softcase.
trying to fit into a Xray T2r. currently using VXR 3600 and it fits with ~2-3mm gap to the bulkhead. Its is known that if needed to fit Orion's lipo, the bulkhead has to be dremel/cut...

yea i agree with you as i prefer a hardcase lipo pack too but there are just too thick. also i do not want to cut the bulkhead. well, have been reading on hard case vs soft case pros n cons ie Orion vs maxamps... both also make sense to me in justifying their stand IMHO...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

trying to fit into a Xray T2r. currently using VXR 3600 and it fits with ~2-3mm gap to the bulkhead. Its is known that if needed to fit Orion's lipo, the bulkhead has to be dremel/cut...

yea i agree with you as i prefer a hardcase lipo pack too but there are just too thick. also i do not want to cut the bulkhead. well, have been reading on hard case vs soft case pros n cons ie Orion vs maxamps... both also make sense to me in justifying their stand IMHO...
Yeah true. Depends what car u driving else hardcase will be a problem fitting in.
Not trying to start another hardcase vs softcase.
Just that I'm a bad driver who bang here and there often so better be safe than sorry.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

doriftu,
How do you find the VXR battery so far?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah true. Depends what car u driving else hardcase will be a problem fitting in.
Not trying to start another hardcase vs softcase.
Just that I'm a bad driver who bang here and there often so better be safe than sorry.
yea, couldnt agree more...

Originally Posted by sim600
doriftu,
How do you find the VXR battery so far?
will let u know by this weekend. i just wired the cut off module and will test it this weekend.
a few of my friends are using it and so far no complaints from them.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
KoE
Tech Master

what sort of lipo charger & balancer are you guys using? gotta know what's around before the plunge
Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

im using tahmazo T15. no balancer yet... read that, may not necessary to balance very frequently. plus, each cell can be charge individually thus balancer may not be necessary.

if im wrong, someone pls correct me...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
KoE
Tech Master

haven't been to lhs for quite some time now....who's selling bantam chargers? are they worth it?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Let's get some momentum behind this Lipo adoption thing . For chargers, i still recommend the Duratrax ICE. I bought my second unit a few months ago from a local hobby shop (could be rc pitstop I think) & so far the click wheel is still holding up.

I think we really should not be too fixated on the hard case thing. If we can get out of this, there are now many choices available. I have had good luck with a brand called premium power that's available in various online hobby shops in HK. I am also currently using maxamps products from USA. These are reasonable priced although not premium super top quality stuff like Flight power.

In addition, I would recommend some sort of balancing prior or during charging to ensure all cells are of the same voltage. This will help with the safety side of things & probably the lifespan of the pack as a whole.

To go a step further, a datalogging device like an Eagletree mini logger would be helpful to determine the sort of current your vehicle is pulling. This will help to work out the minimum size of the battery & discharge capabilities of the batteries u need.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Joe.
I think it's good to share all our experiences with the various brands, so we know which ones to get and which ones to avoid.
No problems so far from my Team Orion carbons, but lately, have not been running them much. Heheh.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sim600
Thanks Joe.
I think it's good to share all our experiences with the various brands, so we know which ones to get and which ones to avoid.
No problems so far from my Team Orion carbons, but lately, have not been running them much. Heheh.
Hi Sim,

Can the Team Orion Carbon edition lipo fit Tamiya 415?
Plan to get one actually.

Regards,
aDrian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.