Search

Lithium batteries - LiPo LiMn etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doriftu
bro,
not all ESC has the lipo cut off voltage function. you need to check the spec. i dont think keyence has that yet. however, kenyence makes great esc hope they will come out with a BL system

if your esc dont have the cut off, you can buy a separate module such as the Novak Smart stop Lipo cut off module as shown in few posts above.
aha...yes true forgot mentioned about that....but new GTX and QC3 have it...errr thinking shifting to lipo actually,...if i can sold off some of my Nimh cell
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
bro sim600, u ever buy thing from team rcbuy ?? can every esc use lipo battery ??

my esc now is keyence exstraight..
I've never bought from there before, sorry. I only have two 3200 Orion Carbon Lipos - one bought from rcmart.com and one more from TP Racing in Sunway when they started selling them.

If you have space, hook up a Novak Smart Stop 2s to your Exstraight. That would be the simplest solution. Otherwise, get an ESC with lipo cutoff - preferably cutting off at about 6V.

When the low voltage cutoff kicks in and your car will have a jerky throttle (sometimes on, sometimes off). Stop the car, walk over and pick it up. Don't try to drive it to you or you might end up with a runaway car. Haha.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

bro sim600, approximately how long a 3200mah lipo can play ?? 10min ? wat your think bout d team orion carbon 3600mah Lipo ?

i'm thinking wan to use lipo when practise so tat i can put my nimh for race only...
Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hard to say how long. In touring, maybe about that time. I never timed it. But agak agak, about same time as a 3800 NiMH pack, I think.

3600 has the same shape bottom as the 3200 Carbon, but the top is flat like the 4800 Platinum, I think. So... it'll fit well in some touring cars, won't fit in M-chassis (I think lah, I haven't got one to try).

You can't go wrong with a Team Orion LiPo, but just make sure they fit in your car.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

If my memory serves me right the new Orion 3600 can't fit into m-chassis without modifications. Only the 3200 having the perfect fit.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do anyone here know where if could get Core 5000 Lipo pack ? Pls don't tell me from the states coz it cost a lot on shipping. Maybe in Singapore or Hong Kong ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Exploding LiPos

Hello all,

I wanna share my story of an exploding (more like burning furiously LiPo battery) that just happened on Feb 3rd 2008.
I have (had) a Kokam 2 cell,1500mAh that i charged up for my EP plane that i had wanted to fly that evening. Usually the charger takes about 1 hr plus to charge up the battery,but this time, the charge light wouldnt go off. So, after couple of hours ( i didnt check, my bad!!), the battery became bloated.
I know that a bloated battery is DANGEROUS!, and so i decided to do something about it. The correct procedure is (according to my Sifu ) :
1) DONT go and press on the battery when it is bloated..Damn freaking dangerous
2) Discharge fully
3) Slit the packaging
4) put the battery in salt water to neutralise it
5) Throw it away. You neutralize the chemicals inside it to make it safer if u dispose it in the trash (which is bad btw).

Instead of discharging it, i took out my modelling knife and made a small slit on the side....then i saw sparks ,..then POOF...a big stream of fire. It was very much like loose CNY, Hari Raya, Deepavali firecracker powder on fire. It has sufficient force to make the battery pack to swirl round and round (i throw it on the floor the moment it caught fire).

So , i hope this will be lesson and further proof that a bloated LiPo battery is DANGEROUS.

sllim

(Now i have to buy another)
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

bro dont puncture the battery. When exposed to oxigen, it detonates easily.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Original Made in the USA LiPoSacks for sale.

Lithium-Polymer Battery Charging and Storage Solution

The LipoSack is designed to mitigate the effects of a Lithium-Polymer Battery charging mishap.

If your LipoSack is involved in a failure resulting in a venting of the battery and fire return it to LipoSack.com with a statement of the circumstances and receive a replacement LipoSack free of charge!

For more info, visit www.liposack.com

For RM130, have an ease of mind while charging & storing your LiPo packs.
Free shipping within Peninsula Malaysia. For East Msia, I will need to check how much is shipping first before incurring minimal charges to your purchase.

PM me for more details.