Wiki Posts
Search

Racing RC Plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Racing RC Plane

I'd like to introduce the thrill of RC Plane Racing (pylon). It's fun, it's cheap and the sky is the limit. People say RC planes are expensive. That's not true.

The cheapest racing plane kit cost only RM 250. Add another 280 for the engine, and another RM 550 for 4 channel RAdio/servos. Buy a cheap methane/castor for RM 30/gal and U R ready to race. Your RC car glow heater is also compatible with plane engine.

Maintenance? If u fly 2-3 tankful per weekend (1/2 hour flight). A gallon probably last you a couple of months. Tyre wear? non existence.....The cheap engine will last you years.

Come join us. We fly in Tasik Puchong Prima every weekend. Some flyer do play during weekdays. For further info please PM me.

Happy Flying.
Attached Thumbnails Racing RC Plane-a178r.jpg  
Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Enzo, Selamat Hari Raya to my friend.....
Old 10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hi RedEnzo,
Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri.

Wah pylon ! .. yeah that is a great thing to do in the air.

But my fren, before One can pylon with a 25 / 30-size plane (a real purpose built pylon plane), One needs to spend countless hours and money learning up Take-offs & Landings & in-flight coordination bla bla bla... progressing from Highwing trainers, low-wings then fly fast.

In the course of getting there, One would encounter numerous disastrous landings or take-offs that can be very costly because pecahkan seluruh kapal terbang.

Ah somemore, will definitely encounter mid-air collisions when u pylon with a group of say 5 or 6.

Cerita:- dulu ada seorang sahabat karib (u surely kenal dia, cos he also main kreta sama masa u la) he built a Pilot Seduction-30 (not ARF) after building it for 3 weeks he brought it out and maiden flight was good. Second flight aja he started pylon with all of us and walah mid-air, whole entire plane dropped and kena bakar... OS-32SX pun piston bengkok!

BTW, where u flying now?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RedEnzo,

The last time I flew was on a maiden on my Funtana 90. I have a Saito 150 4 stroke on it. It only lasted less then 2 minutes tops. I had the aileron revered. The entire firewall was destroyed but the rest of the plane intact. I have rebuilt it and have not flown it since(its like 6 months now)

Looking forward to fly it again and also my heli. But meantime RC Cars seems to have taken priority for the mean time.

I have a pylon plane too. I need to put on the new wings and It should be good to fly again. Its a Thailand made one. Fully composite. With Webra .36 on it. Good flying characteristics. Maybe you should get one of these. Its designed to fly fast.

I have heard about the place you fly. Its near my house. One of these days(when I have enough courage to fly again) I will fly there.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

ooops,
Looks like its gonna be "ditching" the EP cars aside for Sunday mornings and the pylon season is starting again. Wow, the off-season seems to be getting really interesting!

Old-man,
I think those planes that the Redenzo and gang flies in Tasik Prima are 40-sized with mostly likely a 46 or 50 fitted (maybe some with tune pipes) and those are not the real pylon planes LOL. Its a 40-sized flewn with full-throttle and takes up and down momentum to gain speed. Looks like Your Webra-powered 36 pyloner can be the 'ferrari' there.