R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Malaysian R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers-48/)
-   -   MNC - Round 3 - December 2006 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers/128244-mnc-round-3-december-2006-a.html)

KoE 09-05-2006 01:46 AM

MNC - Round 3 - December 2006

Okay...this is a bit too early :lol: But since MNC is labelled as race organised by drivers for drivers...lets hear some good mature suggestions and discussions about the coming 3rd round.
Last 2 races saw some last minute changes which opened up to untowards debates and misunderstandings. I've chatted with one of the main organizers and some issues and ideas were thrown in. These revolve around:
  1. track layout (while last 2 races remained the same), there is thought that the 3rd (final race) be changed into a bit more technical.
  2. race in 2 days
    • saturday - open practice and qualifying for all categories
    • sunday - race day for all categories
  3. racing fee - a hard bitter pill to swallow but lets face it; last 2 runs were not even breaking even. I asked the organizers to announce it but they reluctant and absorbed the bill. I thought that since it's by the drivers... for the drivers...than everyone benefitting/enjoying from it should bear an equal burden
  4. race t-shirt ... as souvenir. Bit tricky since organizers can't order and print 70 shirts and only 10 sold. So lets see hand who's interested so that they can figure if it's worthwhile idea to pursue
  5. R & R ... addition/deletion?
so lets hear it.... and please keep suggestions/discussions clean & mature :)

James khoo 09-05-2006 02:13 AM

How about doing the race at Penang PISA?since the MNC never come to Penang.

need4speed 09-05-2006 05:03 AM

I think KL was chosen because it is centrally located. By being in the middle of the peninsula, racers from the south and north can attend without too much travelling time. And this means having a higher participant turnout which in turn will also reduce the investment risk that the organisers have to bear.

If a race was held up north like in Ipoh or Penang, chances are only a small number of hardcore racers from the south will be willing to attend. And the number of racers up north itself is nothing to shout about either.

Like KOE mentioned, even with this latest MNC turnout, the organisers still had to bear with a small loss on their investment.

Remember tha Makro race not long ago, there was only 15 EP registered racers. How many will come from the south?

There was almost 60 entrants for both Stock & Mod for the MNC 2nd Round and the organisers still made a loss.

kowkl2 09-05-2006 05:12 AM

I would suggest that the organizer should relook on what happend last month and work out the P&L only then they would know where the losses came from and cut that out. I'm surprise that despite a few people are involved for FOC venue is FOC and yet can loss money ?? Something is very wrong.

tornado 09-05-2006 05:15 AM

errrrrr......since when organising a race, an organiser make money ? 90% of the time in the red. It is being organised for the benefit for all RC hobbyist and love of the hobby. Check with OCY......how much $$ he makes from the TAC series...... :tire: :tire: :batman: :deathstar

proceed5 09-05-2006 06:49 AM

Sponsors & Entrance Fees:- eg. back in the mid 90s an Organiser (which is also a LHS) gave good races with prizes, ...they had sponsors, but as I remembered their entrance fees were about RM100.

Maybe KoE's statement of "shouldering equal burdens" is acceptable...
Maybe requesting for small contributions in kind from LHS would help...
Maybe "pulling resources" to get a few LHS to jointly organise a mutually beneficial Event would be neat.
..just opinion only, do not get upset please.

Just a thought :tire: :- see there are lots of EP RCers that have not registered for the MNC. Some RCers likes to participate in races, but the Classes of Races may not necessary appeal to or suit them. For example, I think Tamiya-sanctioned TT01 and GT-classes have strong supporters, but during MNC, they would be elsewhere.. not sure why? Can the reason behind the strong support for the Tamiya-sanctioned TT01 and GT-classes be because of the restrictions on Common Spec Batteries / Tyres / Car-type ? ... think about it my fellow generous organisers....

Best regards.

KoE 09-05-2006 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by kowkl2
...venue is FOC...

The track was rented for 2 days.

kowkl2 09-05-2006 05:27 PM

RACE

Guys,

I think we should also consider the following :-

1. Entry Level Race (Box Stock with no hopups) Newbies ONLY. Buaya KEEP
AWAY.
2. Free Entry Fee for participants who bought their cars from sponsored LHS.
3. Free Training (1 week before raceday) for Newbies or registered
participants for this class.

If we look at the name list of every race organised in KL, almost all are the same. Is there any newbie joining ? We need new blood in this hobby before it starts to dwindle to only the few hardcore.

JUST A SUGGESSTION (DON'T FLAME ME)

A secondhand Bazaar Day for RC - Sales of Used Items by existing members or Sales of Old Stock or Old Models by participating LHS.
To ensure used items are in good working condition, items should be inspected by the organiser before it's put on display. This will give confidence to prospective buyers that they are not buying something faulty. Something like sirim approved but customers are buying at own risk.

Long Live RC in Malaysia.

tornado 09-05-2006 05:47 PM

Main cost of each race are ....in no particular order :
Race venue rental.....it'll be free for track owners
AMB rental .............. again free to those who own it
Trophies ................. well .......can cut corners
Prizes in kind ........... well ....... sponsors are hard to come by these days :(
Meals and refreshmens ............ can do without. I remember we have to get our own lunch and the entry fees is around RM100 :sweat:

Since MNC rd 2 have almost 60 entries and still make losses......and since it is a race organised by racers for racers, splash it out in the open so that we racers could understand your predicament. :) Like what Koe has said.....good and mature discussions in here and no nonsense flamming. :)

Jamal D'Maz 09-05-2006 06:26 PM

My Suggestions

1. Have a championship format. No prizes, just points in the preliminaries. Prizes will only be given at the final round. Maybe lucky draws with sponsored items at the prelims. Entrance fees collected at every rounds shd cover basic expenses (track, transponder, food etc) with a percentage carried over for the final round expenses.

2. Do a study on the categories to be organised. It is good to have different categories but must be beneficial to both racers & spectators (potential newbies).

3. LHS is important to everybody, without them, it will be a very expensive hobby to maintain. AND hobbyist IS important too, to the LHS. Without us, they won't exist. It's a WIN-WIN situation if the LHS is willing to contribute in ideas and lucky draw items or prize monies.

4. Regulate the races to be held. Maybe quarterly.

Ciao
:cool:

James khoo 09-05-2006 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by need4speed
I think KL was chosen because it is centrally located. By being in the middle of the peninsula, racers from the south and north can attend without too much travelling time. And this means having a higher participant turnout which in turn will also reduce the investment risk that the organisers have to bear.

If a race was held up north like in Ipoh or Penang, chances are only a small number of hardcore racers from the south will be willing to attend. And the number of racers up north itself is nothing to shout about either.

Like KOE mentioned, even with this latest MNC turnout, the organisers still had to bear with a small loss on their investment.

Remember tha Makro race not long ago, there was only 15 EP registered racers. How many will come from the south?

There was almost 60 entrants for both Stock & Mod for the MNC 2nd Round and the organisers still made a loss.

like that maybe you just lost fews more racer at MNC race.
remember that lot of racer is waiting for big game!hope i'm wrong.

bgdesmoulin 09-05-2006 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tornado
Since MNC rd 2 have almost 60 entries and still make losses......and since it is a race organised by racers for racers, splash it out in the open so that we racers could understand your predicament. :) Like what Koe has said.....good and mature discussions in here and no nonsense flamming. :)

At the end of the day, its true that we the organiser faces with losses in terms of finance. However, those losses are compensated with RC solidarity and brotherhood amongs racers, rc associations and LHS. As you can witness in the last MNC almost all EP racers, RC registered clubs and LHS have shown their commitment to make the event a success. At the same time we are firming up the local racing R & R and race organisation.

This is what I, Norazam & the TT EP Racers have wished for Malaysian RC. This is also what is shared with many races, rc club officials and LHS. Never mind we lost a bit but the event has paved direction for Malaysian RC. Don't worry about finance, I, Norazam and the TT EP racers regarded what have been financed as our contribution and donation to make the event successful. Just come, race, assist and contribute whatever you can. Even a small suggestion will do.

The "Malaysia" name in RC organisation has been "tarnished" last year and now it is time for us to make amends.

Just for fruit of thoughts, this is what we have spent for MNC 2. Pls bear in mind what is spent must reflect a National level race that bear the "MALAYSIA" name.

1) Track, AMB & PA system rental for 2 days

At the lowest rate because the organiser main officials are members of RCAC.

2) F & B for 2 days

We cannot do without. There is only NELAYAN restaurant around and it is not easy for racers to find food and drinks at TTwangsa unless you drive outside. Parking spaces are limited. Maybe you can bring along food from home but no everybody likes to prepare food in the morning. For MNC we have ordered food and drinks for 110 ppl for the 2 days.

3) Throphies

We can cut cost here but pls no school boys RM 5 throphies. The throphy reflect the level of competition. "Malaysia" name is at stake. We are giving out throphies for everybody. The throphies are testament that they are part of the event.

4) Allowance for officials

Not the main officials, but for those who has contributed their sweat and blood. Work like hanging banners, preparing and cleaning up track, making sure the PA system work, the enforcement of R & R- technical isnspection, printing materials for race, coordinating F & B, extra turn marshall, etc. There is a lot of work to do. This is one aspect, RC organiser must focus - resource management. Also it was raining early morning and resource and crisis management is essential.

OK Guys. Don't worry about finance. You can contribute in many ways. Just give it here.

Rgds

Zul Yazid aka Bigguy
Norazam

devious17 09-05-2006 08:14 PM

can I propose a voluntary Marshall with flourescent vest that states " RCAC Club Marshall " or something along that line to handle crowd control?

I see kids near the pits and on the drivers stand hindering the race. Satu hari kete EP/GP lekat kat muke nanti tak bagus laa :D

tornadobuster 09-05-2006 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by proceed5
see there are lots of EP RCers that have not registered for the MNC. Some RCers likes to participate in races, but the Classes of Races may not necessary appeal to or suit them. For example, I think Tamiya-sanctioned TT01 and GT-classes have strong supporters, but during MNC, they would be elsewhere.. not sure why? Can the reason behind the strong support for the Tamiya-sanctioned TT01 and GT-classes be because of the restrictions on Common Spec Batteries / Tyres / Car-type ? ... think about it my fellow generous organisers....

Best regards.

Don't think so. The main guys in TAC took part in MNC. Guys in GT and TT01 classes like Leonard Ong, Mike Low, Leonard Pong, Norazam, Bigguy, Hafiz, Mike Quek, Eric Chow, Elyween, Low Kah Yan, Koe, Uncle Yap, just to name a few. Michael Quek even make it to the podium with TA05. There were also some TT01 running. In MNC 1, Red Enzo also took part with TT01 and make it to the B main podium. The MNC is another level of racing. It does not restrict to brand and certain controlled specs. The race R & R is similar to the IFMAR rule.

tornado 09-05-2006 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bgdesmoulin
At the end of the day, its true that we the organiser faces with losses in terms of finance. However, those losses are compensated with RC solidarity and brotherhood amongs racers, rc associations and LHS. As you can witness in the last MNC almost all EP racers, RC registered clubs and LHS have shown their commitment to make the event a success. At the same time we are firming up the local racing R & R and race organisation.

This is what I, Norazam & the TT EP Racers have wished for Malaysian RC. This is also what is shared with many races, rc club officials and LHS. Never mind we lost a bit but the event has paved direction for Malaysian RC. Don't worry about finance, I, Norazam and the TT EP racers regarded what have been financed as our contribution and donation to make the event successful. Just come, race, assist and contribute whatever you can. Even a small suggestion will do.

The "Malaysia" name in RC organisation has been "tarnished" last year and now it is time for us to make amends.

Just for fruit of thoughts, this is what we have spent for MNC 2. Pls bear in mind what is spent must reflect a National level race that bear the "MALAYSIA" name.

1) Track, AMB & PA system rental for 2 days

At the lowest rate because the organiser main officials are members of RCAC.

2) F & B for 2 days

We cannot do without. There is only NELAYAN restaurant around and it is not easy for racers to find food and drinks at TTwangsa unless you drive outside. Parking spaces are limited. Maybe you can bring along food from home but no everybody likes to prepare food in the morning. For MNC we have ordered food and drinks for 110 ppl for the 2 days.

3) Throphies

We can cut cost here but pls no school boys RM 5 throphies. The throphy reflect the level of competition. "Malaysia" name is at stake. We are giving out throphies for everybody. The throphies are testament that they are part of the event.

4) Allowance for officials

Not the main officials, but for those who has contributed their sweat and blood. Work like hanging banners, preparing and cleaning up track, making sure the PA system work, the enforcement of R & R- technical isnspection, printing materials for race, coordinating F & B, extra turn marshall, etc. There is a lot of work to do. This is one aspect, RC organiser must focus - resource management. Also it was raining early morning and resource and crisis management is essential.

OK Guys. Don't worry about finance. You can contribute in many ways. Just give it here.

Rgds

Zul Yazid aka Bigguy
Norazam

You not only the BIGGUY but one with a BIG heart too. :cool: :)

I hv something to add. In the past, the organiser would take lunch order from everyone and send one guy to buy for everyone. Of course those who worked and helped out in the race gets it free but no one complaint. This would save you guys some $$. :)