Search

Share your modify brushed experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default Share your modify brushed experience

hi all,

as i am a newbie in ep racing, hope that all ep kaki can share their brushed or modify motor esperience,

1st of i would like to ask is i am using reedy kr 9.2 motor, geared at 8.44 ratio, but its not fast, the other 23 turn motor can almost keep up... what did i do wrong?

2nd Q, trinity monsterhorse power 1985-87 world champion motor, any one know how many turn??? sound like very low turn,

3, anywhere to find a guide for motor tuning, swaping motor can, what is the effect?

thanks...

Last edited by edwintklee; 07-02-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Reedy KR motor is a very fussy motor. Wrong ratios, you'll end up with burnt brushes with only a run. It has to be geared to the exact sweet spot. Try around 7 to 7.5

The trinity monster horsepower were a very fast motor then. The number of turns should be around 12 turn or more simply bcos those days they do not have the luxury of hi capacity batteries. Lasting 5 mins was always a problem then.

No need a tuning guide, the center gap between the 2 magnets are 0 timing. turn it against the rotating direction to advance and vice versa. Changing cans is not a problem but make sure no contact between rotor and can other the the bearings. Shimming has to be good too, at the center of magnetic field.

Cheers.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Thanks for ur info, i will try it out....few more Q,
1-for example if we wrongly gear, the motor will be hot, what is the maximum tempreture for the motor to operate b4 its burn out? 70 c? 80 c? how to prevent this from happening? you mention burn brushes meaning it become black?

2-what is the disadvantage when we over tune the motor? tune too much? how do we know we tune enough? off course tune too little low rpm.