Wiki Posts
Search

MNC Round 2 - Titiwangsa Track - August 26th-27th 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dear participants

Pls be informed that only events with more than 10 participants are entitled for the Tamiya underground cash voucher. This is one of terms agreed with our sponsor. Since the pan car 1/12, 1/10 off road and m-chasis events attracted less than 10 participants, the top 3 winners do not stand to receive the cash voucher.

Rgds
Old 08-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tornado
Wahhh Sim ......great outing for you !! Geezzzzz....really itching for some action ............ until next round if circumstances permits, I'll be there.
Haha. Thanks. Next time, would like to get to a good position by being fast rather than by the other cars all breaking down though. My buggy also the steering link kept snapping off (I used HPI ones instead of stock but the brand-mixing backfired on me) every other lap and I'd always try to steer it to a turn marshal and wiggle my steering at him. The marshals were great and helped me fix my buggy over a dozen times throughout the day. In the end, I can't complain because I only finished building the car (Academy SB V2) two days before and didn't even get to test it, so the race was my "testdrive" and I had the least problems of everyone that day. Maybe the popping off steering link saved my car from breaking other parts also and miraculously, I found the link each time it popped completely off (like 3 or 4 times it came off both ends). One round, I came off the driver's stand, collected the buggy, turned everything off, fixed the inside steering link, then thought "oh what the heck", turned the car back on, ran back up the drivers' stand and rejoined the race for the last lap.

Leonard Kee wasn't so lucky. He opted out of the race after the first round and Azam borrowed his buggy for the rest of the race and drove it like he stole it. Haha. On the very last lap of the very last final, he lost a steering link. I think he didn't manage to find it back.

Actually, the rest of the guys were really struggling even worse. Rozaidi came with a rally car hoping to get some dirt action but because we drove on the tarmac with some sharp angled jumps, he was practically crawling over the jumps. Still, he was right with me most of the time with a mabuchi silver can (and I had a novak ss5800 in mine) so I think he would have given Azam a good run for the money if he had a jumpable car with a faster motor.

Ng Lay Keong won 1 of the rounds but DNF almost all the other four I think. His Academy V1 was starting to fall apart after a few jumps and he had to whip up some last minute custom mods to stay in the race. The buggy looked like it was made of duct tape in the end.

Kamil was dominating in two or three rounds with a T4 but broke an arm and was out of the race. The trucks were doing well earlier as they were the sole survivors of the jumps but through bad luck or what I don't know, in the end, truck parts were all over the track. Khairul's T3 gave him something to repair every round.

Well, that was the six of us. Heheh. Get your buggy ready, so there'll be seven next time

Last edited by sim600; 08-28-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

It is not fair to you bro Sim. cos Viper1 trained him self on tarmac track on his EVO5 for his race. you on real off-road that what the buggy should be driven on. well you should challenge why they do this! cabut.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Haha. I think none of us minded it too much. The offroad track would have been more fun but as usual, it's wet. Anyway, viper1 didn't do too well himself when he was at the wheel. Azam took over and we were glad to have him on the driver's stand, otherwise there would have just been the 5 of us and the track would have been quite empty.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by sim600
Haha. Thanks. Next time, would like to get to a good position by being fast rather than by the other cars all breaking down though. My buggy also the steering link kept snapping off (I used HPI ones instead of stock but the brand-mixing backfired on me) every other lap and I'd always try to steer it to a turn marshal and wiggle my steering at him. The marshals were great and helped me fix my buggy over a dozen times throughout the day. In the end, I can't complain because I only finished building the car (Academy SB V2) two days before and didn't even get to test it, so the race was my "testdrive" and I had the least problems of everyone that day. Maybe the popping off steering link saved my car from breaking other parts also and miraculously, I found the link each time it popped completely off (like 3 or 4 times it came off both ends). One round, I came off the driver's stand, collected the buggy, turned everything off, fixed the inside steering link, then thought "oh what the heck", turned the car back on, ran back up the drivers' stand and rejoined the race for the last lap.

Leonard Kee wasn't so lucky. He opted out of the race after the first round and Azam borrowed his buggy for the rest of the race and drove it like he stole it. Haha. On the very last lap of the very last final, he lost a steering link. I think he didn't manage to find it back.

Actually, the rest of the guys were really struggling even worse. Rozaidi came with a rally car hoping to get some dirt action but because we drove on the tarmac with some sharp angled jumps, he was practically crawling over the jumps. Still, he was right with me most of the time with a mabuchi silver can (and I had a novak ss5800 in mine) so I think he would have given Azam a good run for the money if he had a jumpable car with a faster motor.

Ng Lay Keong won 1 of the rounds but DNF almost all the other four I think. His Academy V1 was starting to fall apart after a few jumps and he had to whip up some last minute custom mods to stay in the race. The buggy looked like it was made of duct tape in the end.

Kamil was dominating in two or three rounds with a T4 but broke an arm and was out of the race. The trucks were doing well earlier as they were the sole survivors of the jumps but through bad luck or what I don't know, in the end, truck parts were all over the track. Khairul's T3 gave him something to repair every round.

Well, that was the six of us. Heheh. Get your buggy ready, so there'll be seven next time

**Itch**.....**itch**.....**itch**.....**itch**... .arrrrggghhhh this darn itch is killing me !!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone got race's pics? i know azam pelumba negara took video but dunno if he can upload onto the net. There were at least 2 others who videod the race too but perhaps for sale or personal consumption
Old 08-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

koe.. sorry just sempat ambil First A main final aje. Nanti joint dengan panut buat satu cd.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

I was at the track in the morning when the rain kept on pouring the track. I was wondering how the organiser will face the challenge of organising the race with the wet track. Congratulation to the organiser, you got "A" grade in crisis management and the show go on at 11.30 AM. Overall a well organised race with great racing atmosphere with the tamiya, sorex, much more, hot bodies, malaysian flag hanging around the track.

I also had a taste of the "air batu jagung". The food also look tempting.

I also give credit to the technical inspection, race referee and penalty ruling. I think this is a good practise for all other EP races to follow.

Look like we have a capable and great race director for RC big event. Great job Big Guy and the TT EP Racers.

Note : I wonder how the organiser manage to get almost all KL EP guys coming to the race despite raining ? Normally almost half will no show.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Hye sume abang2!

Thanks for all the abang2 for the fantastic racing experience..

personally thanks to abang Zul, abang azam, abang Azhar, abang Acang, Abang yasir, and all others including Chee Yong, Jacky and all..

thanks for the help and guidance.. thank you for the Cabutan Bertuah Hadiah which im still wondering where to put those small piece of spacers... hehehehe

Looking forward for the upcoming event!!!!

p/s how to become comittee?? saye nak jadi comittee... bley tolong2 sket...

cheers!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Points and Ranking after Rd2

Pan Car 1/12 & 1/10 Off Road
Attached Thumbnails MNC Round 2 - Titiwangsa Track - August 26th-27th 2006-rank-pancar-offroad-after-rd2.jpg  
Old 08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Modified Class
Attached Thumbnails MNC Round 2 - Titiwangsa Track - August 26th-27th 2006-rank-modified-after-rd2.jpg  
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Stock Class
Attached Thumbnails MNC Round 2 - Titiwangsa Track - August 26th-27th 2006-rank-stock-after-rd2.jpg  
Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by pyro2905
Hye sume abang2!

Thanks for all the abang2 for the fantastic racing experience..

personally thanks to abang Zul, abang azam, abang Azhar, abang Acang, Abang yasir, and all others including Chee Yong, Jacky and all..

thanks for the help and guidance.. thank you for the Cabutan Bertuah Hadiah which im still wondering where to put those small piece of spacers... hehehehe

Looking forward for the upcoming event!!!!

p/s how to become comittee?? saye nak jadi comittee... bley tolong2 sket...

cheers!
Man you're fast !!!! I mean fast as in making friends.... I must welcome you again but this time to welcome you to the club for tagih racing. .......lotsa fun awaits you.