Wiki Posts
Search

RC Tracks in Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default foc

Originally posted by bodyguard
oh.. what if i came on weekends.. just want to try that track.. must be a member../?? from jb.. to kluang.. or maybe pay one fee for one day training..?
yeah...even if u go during weekends the club members welcome u especially if u r from outstation. u can play there for free and they wont stop u..... but if u r there often...then the members would encourage u to join as a member...very cheap...
Old 01-30-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Windtalkers
rclover: tanks for de info man..... would certainly love to pics if there is any....

so any1 down here is attending de race on 23rd Feb???? Hope to cu guys ard....

not sure whether to run EP / GP on tat day......

we'll certainly hope to enjoy ourselves there.......

n no rain of coz.....

cya
hmm....i dont have a digital camera...but rest assure the track is clean and smooth with only minor bump along the stra8. I run 5.5 Front and 6.5 Rear and didnt quite touch the bump...unless the Foams worn out...
yea...there will be lots of local and those from BP. oh yes...the organizer Niko Cheng was at the track last Saturday night till 1am morning....doing some testing...he was real fast...
see u there....
Old 01-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

hahaha , ah meng haa.. mesti lorr.. want to promote his thunder tiger.. for sure if he join the race.. dlm tangan A main or B main.. if u look his practise.. never crashed or make mistake... u know why.. the thunder tiger lorr..

maybe going to the track 2 week before the race.. i'll bring aalong my giant rc team... any contact no the person incharge the track.. ??
Old 01-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default i WAS there .....honest....

Salutations Earthlings!
i was driving the electric with the green and white 360 modena shell.it was also jumping all over the place cos the rear skidded like there was no tommorrow....rather embarrassing.. tee hee.
i should just stick to off road i guess...then no one can fault me for jumping around....
i was also told about some other track which was better, but i didn't have time to visit that one.
trust me, you have better tracks.i wouldn't run anything at our PA track.its that bad.....
cars will break down easy.
-FP
Old 02-03-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

rclover: so ah meng was testing till 1am????!!!! wow..... must be preparing to win larr.......

must be using his TT.....

heard de track is rather permanent than just a temporary track.....

got de track layout from Niko liao..... rather huge......

hmmm.... got 2 spend a day there to test out......

hope 2c some u guyz.....

cya
Old 02-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: i WAS there .....honest....

Originally posted by foampervert
Salutations Earthlings!
i was driving the electric with the green and white 360 modena shell.it was also jumping all over the place cos the rear skidded like there was no tommorrow....rather embarrassing.. tee hee.
i should just stick to off road i guess...then no one can fault me for jumping around....
i was also told about some other track which was better, but i didn't have time to visit that one.
trust me, you have better tracks.i wouldn't run anything at our PA track.its that bad.....
cars will break down easy.
-FP
Well, give any new track to anybody and you'll see them jumping everywhere too Same situation.

I'm surprised you say that the PA track is in bad condition... Why? Pot holes?
Old 02-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default singapore tracks are lose....

Salutations Earthlings!
well, the pa campsite track in singapore uses bricks embedded into the side of the track at an incline instead of smooth concrete like titwangsa.as you can imagine ,this does nothing for your chassis when you.....go off track or try to cut an early corner also, the track islands do not feature drainage like titiwangsa's, so going off the track will be...well....going OFF-ROAD.yup....mud,mud, mud.i can't tell you how many people have stripped their transmission belts and such when they inadvertibly run their cars out of the track proper.not to mention about the total lack of shelter and pitting area.....the list goes on..blah blah.
and all that in our "BEST" track!
grumble grumble......whine whine....
-FP
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

hope 2 c more tracks coming up in m'sia as we've plenty of land available.... hehehehe cya
Old 02-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: singapore tracks are lose....

Originally posted by foampervert
also, the track islands do not feature drainage like titiwangsa's, so going off the track will be...well....going OFF-ROAD.yup....mud,mud, mud.i can't tell you how many people have stripped their transmission belts and such when they inadvertibly run their cars out of the track proper.not to mention about the total lack of shelter and pitting area.....the list goes on..blah blah.
and all that in our "BEST" track!
grumble grumble......whine whine....
-FP
Well, I think I prefer mud than the drain... If you look carefully, the drains on the straights (a few of them) are perpendicular lined to the straights. If your car veers off slightly on the high speed straight and takes off ground (thanks to the smooth side concrete slabs) and lands nose down directly into the drain, then that's the end...

But I would agree that the shelter and pitting area facilities in Titiwangsa is better than the PA campsite track.