HPC Dirt Track

Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Dear All,

As mentioned in my earlier post, point is taken to improve the track constantly at best effort basis. There is no need for us to elaborate further on this. We are all adults and I am very very sure that all of you are intelligent enough to know what is takes to mantain a track for all to enjoy at a fee of RM5 a day!!!

If you see some rocks in your way, either you move around it of throw them away...but please don't throw the concrete slabs used to mark the layout. They cost us RM4 a piece and there are about 2000pcs spent to mark the track.

Cheers, be appreciative and thanks for all your support.

Lastly, a pat on the back for improvements once in a while would be nice...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hahahahhahah........I'd prefer avoiding the bricks and big stones....too lazy to run upand down the stand.

Well, I find it distasteful to say the brick and rocks are there to ensure business keeps flowing. That is a blow below the belt dude!

You would have to understand what HPC is going through to run and maintain both tracks otherwise you will end up like me.....off roading on some construction site oggled by indons (no pun intended) and some even looked like they are ready to kidnap the buggy!

Like I always believe "If you have a complaint, come with a solution then we will talk" the other thing is dont la hit the brick if you did then it's driver error loo......yes? not like the brick jumped in front of your car.......no?

lets end this here laaa.....HPC will know what to do.

HPC , do you have marshalls for hire aaaa? cannot tahan running up and down laaaa
Old 02-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dear HPC & All. I think the issue of slaps on the surface actually not an issue if:-

1) Do you really on the racing line.
2) Do you really follow the track lay out.
3) Maybe somebody keep on trying to keep into tight conner and keep on knocking the slaps. "SO THE SLAPS KEEP ON MOVING loh........" until it is off racing line. - I have experience it many times at many tracks because of the slaps are not "secure" or so call never stick it on the track. unless it is PVC pipe.

It is unavoidable abt the stones...rocks etc-etc... even I race it in Titiwangsa last week also got stones.... to me no comment as it is common to any where..... Bro it is not cheep to get 100% pure soil.

Thankfull enough we have two reasonably good track in KUL. and one in JB (Senai) as not many people keen to build a track.

I'm also looking fwd to race in Thomson track if it is complete this year hopefully.... more track means many different experience we can gain. I'm also love to race at previous Thomson track.. even it is chasis scraping.... but that is life... Mau Kereta cantik ....put your car at display glass cupboard.

About the the car breakage... I think it is still cheaper than 1/10 maintenance cost....
Old 02-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bro HPC.... abt the maintenace cost... we are fully aware the cost is a bomb for you.... but that is life... your side is in the business... so it is your preference to have or not to have the facilities for customer.........

I may be a bit harsh to mentioned the above but to me sincerely the business come with package...... you get some profit from customer and you give it back from other angle eg:- track facilities...... after sales service....... discount to regular customer.... fun race... etc-etc.....

I have no comment on your track as I'm not a frequent in KL. but thankful you really put out a afford to have such a wonderful track on/off road....

Cheers! and lets loot in Jakarta........

Last edited by syaf13; 02-07-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

i think its better just close this thread, no more discussion about condition of the track, just let the owner do their job and we as consumer just do our job (pay the fee laa). we have discuss alot on the old hpc track thread. i'm so worried, once the owner get bored and close the track, where am i gone to play...
yess offroad can play anywhere, but is there got water supply, air compresser, drivers stand, s/part shop, canopy with fan, desk/chair and friend to play with like what we have now...
Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bro.. arghh. that is what I mean...... give all this guys some room lah.... baru balik fm Chinese New Year.......

Fm customer point I think they also have right to voice up some idea... but harsh statement such as ..... have good business...I think should be avoid.

By end of the day everybody still seeing each other or have teh tarik...together. Cheers!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

OK Ok...guys...case closed. Let's forget about the past and move on. Please let this thread drop to the abyss. Anymore post will have that indvidual buy KFC for everyone at HPC track this weekend

Cheers,
Old 02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

ha ha ha... Now I say something. Those who want Kentuck... come to JB lah.......
Old 02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

wah, I was shooting my anti aircraft artillery over a clear area and never knew that some people actually fly in that area.

If you read my post, I didnt target any individual or shop. It's a statement to vent out frustration in general. Too bad some feel the pinch. In the first place, anyone who feels that they dont do such thing, there is no need to have hard feeling. What I wrote was intended for hobby shops around the world who are actually make money out of other people misery. If HPC feels that they dont do such thing, it can be concluded that they dont do such thing.

Crashin' really sucks and when we crash hitting objects that do not belong there, many of us will come up with our own theory on why those concrete slabs are there and why they keep coming back even when we put them aside. We pay to play and we dont expect concrete slabs to be there.

Same thing on the on road track, few weeks ago, there was actually a concrete slab on the track as well. What really sucks was that the concrete slab was placed very close to the race line and when you run wider than usual, baam boom kaboom you hit it. The concrete slab didnt even move but you car disintegrate. Glad that the slab is no longer there cause it's too far to judge the location from the control tower.

Anyhow, I built many temporary tracks outside Malaysia. What I considered good tracks are tracks that have fixed corner markers to warn people not to exceed the boundary or else it will hit a plywood or pipe. We had lots of fun and very minimum time repairing damaged arms and driveshafts.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you build tracks?! maybe you should collaborate with HPC to upgrade the tracks for us all

I always take a stroll on the on-road track to remove debris and stuff before I run..... I also got lucky a few times to pick up dogbones, springs, wheel nut and stuff ....free!

Off-road a bit lazy laaa, those slabs are pretty heavy so I just run and try to avoid them.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fu...yooooo.................. looks like you all gonna have Kentucky Fried Chicken party this weekend.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

devious

Yup, I have dozens of corners markers (small, medium and large sizes) at home. When i lived outside malaysia, RC cars tracks were always crowded and we actually had to put our card to q for our turn to put our car on the track. It's easier to build the track on our own.

That's how i honed my skill in building temporary tracks. I will ask around what sort of track they want; technical, high speed or combination. Usually I would just put the corner markers to create the track. However, if we have race that requires the track to be there for few days, we will use plastic tubes and anchor them to the ground with strong tape. Once the plastic tubes are fixed, we will use the corner markers (also anchored to the ground) around the end of the plastic tubes.

For sure, we would clear out any heavy objects from the track. These things really take away fun especially when one of us had to fix the car (after being damaged) while others waiting for him.

Anyhow, I found many rc car parts on track too. All the time, I would leave them there or give it to the track owner for lost and found. Seeing how people searched the track after their car disintegrate, it's just not right for me to take any of them. If things dont belong to us, dont ever take it.

Last week, I mistakenly left one of my battery box. There was one spare GP3700 cell inside there. When I found the box again the next day, the cell was gone. Even if others take mine, it's still not right for me to take stuff that i found unless it's no longer wanted.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by azmio
We pay to play and we dont expect concrete slabs to be there.
Wow!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

HPC,

That's the thing, if people pay, people tend to make noise when something does not suit their liking. If people dont pay and yet they play and make noise, I can help HPC in kicking them out of the track
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by azmio
HPC,

That's the thing, if people pay, people tend to make noise when something does not suit their liking. If people dont pay and yet they play and make noise, I can help HPC in kicking them out of the track
Azmio, I really don't want to continue this replying this issue knowing that you already know our intentions. In any service industry, we can't please evry single individual...we can only try our best and hopefully, some people will apreciate in what we are doing.

Don't mean to be rude but if a particular person finds that HPC track is not up to their liking, there are always other nice places to play. Choice is theirs.

Cheers, and see you at HPC track if you would have understood what all of us have been discussing in the last 2 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service