Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers > Malaysian Forsale-Trade
HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy >

HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

Old 03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

ok let directly goes to the point !!!

there is 2 car i tested

this happen 2 me..

1st it was on my caster truggy 1/8 F8T .. i just install my NEW hobbywing xerun 150a esc with 2000kv (2x 5000mah lipo 40c) , and 7955TG hitec servo. so i tested with my dx3s everthing setup perfectly ~

so here come the problem when i turn my servo using steering.. left or right if something blocked the wheel the recivier light become dim... and after that no more light so i have to restart the esc.. and the Reciver light back on again.. i try with my SR3300T and SR300 both of it it was the same
(another issue is with my dx3s i give a small tap the thottle.. some times the it will feel like a sound pak.. and both light up . and the esc won't work unless i try give it full thottle..

(note i did try used normal analog radio Traxxas RTR radio it work all perfectly )

2nd so i remove the dx3s to 1/10 drift car... it work flawless perfectly ... (HPI E10 60A 5.5T , stock servo with lipo)

damn does this mean my dx3s don't support high voltage ESC ? So what shall i do ?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bro

are u using 4s lipo?, I would highly recommend u to use an external receiver pack or ubec and remove the red wire on the esc's jst cable which has black, red and white but don't cut off the red, if possible try to remove it without cutting it. I think that your esc's built in bec don't have enough voltage to power up your servo. I use my ep buggy on 6s but Im using ubec and its work fine. hope it helps
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Last edited by andre lim; 03-26-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vios8820 View Post
ok let directly goes to the point !!!

there is 2 car i tested

this happen 2 me..

1st it was on my caster truggy 1/8 F8T .. i just install my NEW hobbywing xerun 150a esc with 2000kv (2x 5000mah lipo 40c) , and 7955TG hitec servo. so i tested with my dx3s everthing setup perfectly ~

so here come the problem when i turn my servo using steering.. left or right if something blocked the wheel the recivier light become dim... and after that no more light so i have to restart the esc.. and the Reciver light back on again.. i try with my SR3300T and SR300 both of it it was the same
(another issue is with my dx3s i give a small tap the thottle.. some times the it will feel like a sound pak.. and both light up . and the esc won't work unless i try give it full thottle..

(note i did try used normal analog radio Traxxas RTR radio it work all perfectly )

2nd so i remove the dx3s to 1/10 drift car... it work flawless perfectly ... (HPI E10 60A 5.5T , stock servo with lipo)

damn does this mean my dx3s don't support high voltage ESC ? So what shall i do ?
Bro, I'm using the same setup as your. Dx3s with xerun 150a esc (4S 5000mah 30C) with Neu 2050kv motor and Hitec 7955. I running fine as i don't face any problem. Will find out more infro for u.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Same here leh.. Running DX3S with 150A hobbywing and Htec 7955 servo. Can both 4S and 6S no prob. I think might be a gd idea to recalibrate and reset your esc. The "piak" sound should come from the motor/esc. And did your use any program card to adjust your esc settings? Could be settings.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Dbl post!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

damn i just realize that i wrongly post ~ sorry ~

i already recalibrate setup forward ,backward and neutral ~

the weird thing is when i used RTR radios it work like niceeeeeeeee... oh ya ~

did i do anything wrong ? the timing all i send to 0 ~ last time how much i forgot liaw...

at other forums they are saying this

It sounds like the BEC on the ESC is malfunctioning. You could try running a 6.0v receiver pack, but I think I'd send the ESC back under warranty.

btw Mel279 i think your are right ~ i going to test soon ~ any picture ~ i am dumb in reading ~~

what shall i do now ? i think i have a UBEC that i buy last year in my tool box i havent used it yet ~
Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

did i do anything wrong ? the timing all i send to 0 ~ last time how much i forgot liaw...

It sounds like the BEC on the ESC is malfunctioning. You could try running a 6.0v receiver pack, but I think I'd send the ESC back under warranty.

btw Mel279 i think your are right ~ i going to test soon ~ any picture ~ i am dumb in reading ~~

what shall i do now ? i think i have a UBEC that i buy last year in my tool box i havent used it yet ~
Its easy, just solder the ubec red&black cable to the esc battery cable(red&black also). But if u have a receiver pack would also fine,no need to use the ubec but make sure u remove the red wire that I've stated earlier post. hope it helps
Old 03-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

The timing should be at 15 degree by default.