Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mustangkillaz
  • 2 Post By kendallb

OnTrac DirectPost shipping

Reply

Old 05-12-2017, 09:37 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (124)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,678
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default OnTrac DirectPost shipping

Been a loyal customer to amain for years. mainly for two reasons: 1) customer service, 1b) speed of shipping. i live about 170 miles from amain. when i place an order on a sunday, i'll get it no later than wednesday if it's regular USPS first class and if it's a big enough order that i get USPS priority, i'll get it tuesday. this past sunday i placed an order and on monday i get confirmation that it has shipped via "OnTrac DirectPost". As of now, it's scheduled to arrive Saturday. tracking shows the most ridiculous, inefficient shipping route ever. on wednesday, the package was at the post office in my town. then they send it to the next city's post office and from there it goes back to my post office, then back over to the next city's post office. from there it goes about 30 miles away and today it's in my city's post office. that is no exaggeration. that's exactly what tracking shows.

anybody else get this "OnTrac DirectPost" shipping?

Last edited by RC*PHREAK; 05-15-2017 at 09:33 PM.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:42 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,964
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Been a loyal customer to amain for years. mainly for two reasons: 1) customer service, 1b) speed of shipping. i live about 170 miles from amain. when i place an order on a sunday, i'll get it no later than wednesday if it's regular USPS first class and if it's a big enough order that i get USPS priority, i'll get it tuesday. this past sunday i placed an order and on monday i get confirmation that it has shipped via "OnTrac DirectPost". As of now, it's scheduled to arrive Saturday. tracking shows the most ridiculous, inefficient shipping route ever. on wednesday, the package was at the post office in my town. then they send it to the next city's post office and from there it goes back to my post office, then back over to the next city's post office. from there it goes about 30 miles away and today it's in my city's post office. that is no exaggeration. that's exactly what tracking shows.

anybody else get this "OnTrac DirectPost" shipping? if this is a new, regular thing, amain will no longer be the automatic recipient of my business.
That's extremely odd man. I had to use the OnTrac option a few times and the longest it took was three days. One time it actually got here the next day.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:47 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (124)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,678
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

honestly, i didn't even see the "OnTrac" option. i've never seen it before. this time, i just clicked through shipping options, leaving the lowest cost option checked. assumed it was just regular first class.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:03 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,964
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
honestly, i didn't even see the "OnTrac" option. i've never seen it before. this time, i just clicked through shipping options, leaving the lowest cost option checked. assumed it was just regular first class.
The OnTrac option was sort of brought in under the radar from what i remember. It was a month or two ago when i first saw it. From the tracking info I saw in your PM, I'd say USPS has some explaining to do. Never in my experience has USPS bounced a package back and forth like that. I've had them hold it at the post office for a few days because they were lazy or whatever but never just going between post office to post office.

I'd get on the line with Amain's online chat if you can and see if they can contact their USPS rep. Because OnTrac did their part and delivered to USPS.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:36 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (24)
 
flyinhawaiianRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Always call us with issues like this, also if you have trouble with a carrier and it is the only selections available, call us and we can upgrade or change carriers for you.
flyinhawaiianRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:24 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

On Trac can be very fast. They can also loose shit and miss deadlines very easy in my experience. They are kinda ghetto if you ask me. I miss the old priority and express mail options that allowed for Saturday delivery.
OGKRacing likes this.
mustangkillaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:38 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
fast-ho-cars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: it's a dry heat
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

for 4-5 orders i have done lately, i have not seen the on trac option, however the USPS tracking # link with shipping/delivery estimates have been way off and package location incorrect

when i normally order sat/sun they used to show thurs - sat delivery dates, now they show deep into following weeks, yet i still get them as before thurs - sat.

USPS is not updating the tracking, had one order done on a sunday showing mon-tues delivery following week and online it showed the package still in Chico CA for 3 days and now enroute to my state, as i was getting ready to leave my house on a thursday the package showed up. so it came in the normal 4-6 days. tracking system is way off, it did not show the delivery/enroute from tucson az, it did not show delivery/enroute from local postal center, something is broken
fast-ho-cars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Been a loyal customer to amain for years. mainly for two reasons: 1) customer service, 1b) speed of shipping. i live about 170 miles from amain. when i place an order on a sunday, i'll get it no later than wednesday if it's regular USPS first class and if it's a big enough order that i get USPS priority, i'll get it tuesday. this past sunday i placed an order and on monday i get confirmation that it has shipped via "OnTrac DirectPost". As of now, it's scheduled to arrive Saturday. tracking shows the most ridiculous, inefficient shipping route ever. on wednesday, the package was at the post office in my town. then they send it to the next city's post office and from there it goes back to my post office, then back over to the next city's post office. from there it goes about 30 miles away and today it's in my city's post office. that is no exaggeration. that's exactly what tracking shows.

anybody else get this "OnTrac DirectPost" shipping? if this is a new, regular thing, amain will no longer be the automatic recipient of my business.
There's 2 ontracs. There's the one where they will deliver to post office and one where they will deliver straight to your house. Never choose the one where they will deliver to post office as it always takes longer. Either choose the ontrac only one or go USPS priority where it's handled only by post office. A lot of merchants are using this 2 carrier redirect option to save money on shipping and it's quite inefficient.

If I always need something next day in SoCal from amain I will always use ontrac direct which is next day delivery for around $7. If I can wait the two days I will use use USPS priority.
gus6464 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:27 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
The OnTrac option was sort of brought in under the radar from what i remember. It was a month or two ago when i first saw it. From the tracking info I saw in your PM, I'd say USPS has some explaining to do. Never in my experience has USPS bounced a package back and forth like that. I've had them hold it at the post office for a few days because they were lazy or whatever but never just going between post office to post office.

I'd get on the line with Amain's online chat if you can and see if they can contact their USPS rep. Because OnTrac did their part and delivered to USPS.
I ordered some stuff from exotek last week which is a 40 min drive from my house in San Diego. They are in Oceanside, CA which is basically north SD and I am in central SD. USPS decided to send my package to Riverside county and then send it back to San Diego. Don't get how someone at the North San Diego post office got confused by the address when it's in the same city but they did.
gus6464 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:32 AM
  #10  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 124
Default

Bear in mind also that you can click the checkbox next to the item that says: "Group by Carrier allows you to select a specific method for a carrier". This allows you to see all the shipping options and choose the ones that you prefer. Most customers just want the cheapest shipping so we show them the options that make sense to their destination, but you can see them all if you click that button.
big james and flyinhawaiianRC like this.
kendallb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:28 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (124)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,678
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
Bear in mind also that you can click the checkbox next to the item that says: "Group by Carrier allows you to select a specific method for a carrier". This allows you to see all the shipping options and choose the ones that you prefer. Most customers just want the cheapest shipping so we show them the options that make sense to their destination, but you can see them all if you click that button.
good to know. my buying experiences with amain and keoni have always been fantastic before this. i'll give this ontrac one more shot if first class usps isn't an option.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (124)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,678
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

ok. just placed an order using OnTrac. let's see how this goes...
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (24)
 
flyinhawaiianRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

fingers crossed!
flyinhawaiianRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:30 AM
  #14  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 63
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

No dealings with ontrac yet but usps innovation is not any better. Takes forever to get to its destination and changes hands a few times between companies. I try to avoid it and will now try to avoid ontrac.
Dualstroke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:15 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 3,250
Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vanessanie View Post
Shipped goods through OnTrac, no problems! You can try to track on Trackingmore first and monitor its delivery process.
Originally Posted by vanessanie View Post
And if there are problems, always try to contact sender or courier then.
... you could have just edited your previous post, to add the info
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service