Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

TLR prices are set by Horizon
Old 11-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
TLR prices are set by Horizon
Isn't that MAP (minimum)? I'm saying this not knowing what MAP is for that particular vehicle though...So perhaps they were listing it above MAP?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

JUST AN FYI FOR ALL YOUR CONSUMERS OUT THERE!!! A MAIN HOBBIES WILL MATCH TOWER COUPONS ON THEIR SITE!!! THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! You would need to call in 800-705-2215 OR 530-894-0797 and use a credit card...we have to do this manually in the system.

Last edited by flyinhawaiianRC; 11-28-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Tower is world's better than A-Main. I fail to understand why anybody shops at A-Main. Their prices are average to high, their coupons are a joke, shipping times are slow especially if you choose the free shipping option (I think they're the only company that gets across the US on bicycle), and customer service is subpar.

Tower is cheaper, they have real coupons, shipping is much faster, and their customer service is unmatched. Stormer is awesome too. They have good shipping times and good customer service. In the past they weren't that competitive with pricing, but now that they post coupons on their site they have good pricing. RPP is also great, but they have more crawling and bashing stuff with not much racing gear.
I agree I like tower hobbies shipping is much faster than amain wish tower hobbies they carried Orion stuff, kyosho parts, protek, X-ray product.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Tower is not faster! I get stuff from amain next day. Tower takes over aweek....
Old 01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Something has changed at amain w/ the shipping it seems. During the summer it would take forever for the item to ship and then take forever to get to nj. Recently they have been shipping same day(I've been ordering in the morning tho), and the priority mail option is like 5-6 bucks now. I ordered something on friday before new years and got it on tuesday. I just got a xb4 so I've been ordering from amain and will use absolute for small orders.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They could have better coupons, however they are still a A+ company.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big james
Tower is not faster! I get stuff from amain next day. Tower takes over aweek....
Depends where the company is based and where you are. It is reverse for me, but Tower is about an hour and a half drive from me (except when they decide to ship from Reno)... still wish at times they would have customer pickup... That being said, I buy from both. Haven't tried yet, but A-Main says they will match Tower prices/coupons...
Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah Amain is doing price matching on a lot of tower hobbies coupon specials. Some things they don't but in general those items are discounted significantly based on the ones I was curious on.