Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Commercial/Retail Forums > A Main Performance Hobbies Coupons and Special Promotions
amainhobbies any pros or cons when ordering from them >

amainhobbies any pros or cons when ordering from them

Like Tree40Likes

amainhobbies any pros or cons when ordering from them

Old 09-21-2018, 01:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Unfortunately USPS Priority mail is only estimated, they do not guarantee any of there shipments. sadly we are at the mercy of the shipping companies to deliver on time as scheduled.
the only guaranteed shipping methods out there are UPS 2 day air and UPS next day air. depending on what you ordered the cost for shipping can be more than the item.
We deal with the shipping company's daily to try to make sure all packages arrive as estimated, but most of the time the delays are out of our control. if there was way to get it there faster and cheaper we would be all over that, we discount most of our shipping methods as much as possible to pass on to you the customer and will continue to discount it as much possible.

if only star trek transporters really existed, just beam your package to you.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

by no means amain's fault how usps does business. i did have to file a lost package claim cuz the package never left cali. amain's customer service helped out with the matter and everything worked out.
big james likes this.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

NOOOOOOOO! amain now charges sales tax for my state

they still got the best selection of parts around!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

you can thank the internet sales tax bill for that one. more states are joining all the time.
LOW ET likes this.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

i know, right
Old 10-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I usually order from AMAIN but this a worst order and pay extra shipping in Maryland WTF amain. Amain hobbies the worst shipping i've even purchased in any rc stuff. If anyone any other store can buy Hot bodies parts? i am already gold member only $500 away in platinum member i spend $300 parts that i order and pay extra shipping i got tracking number supposed to be last Saturday 10-20-18 but till now didn't get my stuff i called speak to john and i decided to return everything i was sooo upset.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I apologize your package did not arrive as estimated, I am guessing your order was shipped with USPS? if so they have been having many delays and getting packages delivered late, I completely understand your frustration on this and wish there was a way to deal with the shipping companies. we do not own or run any of the shipping companies and know how hard it is to deal with them as this is something i deal with 5 days a week. we ship all orders out on schedule and usually the same day and then rely on usps or ups to get the package to you as quoted, however usps does not guarantee the delivery dates on any of there shipping methods anymore. only UPS 2 day air or or UPS next day air are guaranteed.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with this, if there is something we can do to make up for this, please give us a call and just ask for James.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by big james
I apologize your package did not arrive as estimated, I am guessing your order was shipped with USPS? if so they have been having many delays and getting packages delivered late, I completely understand your frustration on this and wish there was a way to deal with the shipping companies. we do not own or run any of the shipping companies and know how hard it is to deal with them as this is something i deal with 5 days a week. we ship all orders out on schedule and usually the same day and then rely on usps or ups to get the package to you as quoted, however usps does not guarantee the delivery dates on any of there shipping methods anymore. only UPS 2 day air or or UPS next day air are guaranteed.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with this, if there is something we can do to make up for this, please give us a call and just ask for James.
It was shipped in USPS so even shipped to USPS it takes for more than 7 days to shipped in Maryland? WTF i think this happened when i order online seems no one seeing my order because in 2 days still in PENDING STATUS if i log in to my amain account 3 days packing STATUS and 4 days SHIPPED status you guys employees in AMAIN no one take care the online order specially night order thats the reason your shipped takes take time to arrived not USPS problem seems everyone AMAIN employee LAZY pardon my words.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Till now still not receive my order so i cancel all parts that i order will returned was very upset they email me the return label
Old 10-25-2018, 09:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thank you for talking with me on the phone, look forward to assisting you more in the near future.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for talking with me on the phone, look forward to assisting you more in the near future.
James,
Thanks for your help me out and $40 voucher too even still not received items that i order. And thanks for 2 days FREE shipping of my last order. Next time i order i give you call to make faster than expect. Thanks again James.
big james likes this.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Amain is great.

I like AMain. They seem to ship fast enough for me and great customer service. Had a defective tool and they are sending a replacement at no extra cost. Thank you.
big james likes this.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I love AMAIN because they offer international shipping at affordable rates. I live in Mexico so thanks to them I can enjoy this hobby, otherwise, it was impossible to have access to some brands like Tekno or Associated.
The LHS at my city only sells toy grade and give supports only to traxxas (I dont like traxxas)
I have to wait around 30 days to receive my orders but thatīs not Amainīs fault, they Always ship the next day
I'm a gold member so usually, my rewards and monthly discounts help to pay the shipping cost
the only con is that the discounts are not as good as other online retailers like tower hobbies who offer good discounts to super saver club members so I have bought some cars there.

I totally recommend Amain for international customers, In fact, I'm selecting right now some upgrade parts for my new kit build
big james likes this.

Last edited by antigacho; 11-13-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

shipping seems to have gone through the roof!
Old 11-14-2018, 08:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
shipping seems to have gone through the roof!
what were you ordering?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.