Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Shreveport On Road Racers  (SORR) >

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How about ................. we all get together at Don's Seafood for Valentines Day Eat as much as we can and whatever money we dont use give to charity.

Yeah
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

For the record ......... After the fourth week of racing by myself I decided someone else could bring it back to life; I was the last man standing though.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok guys im . fun racing with all .

Last edited by HPIkid; 01-26-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

A charity donation is a verry good idea
Old 03-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do they have any onroad tracks in Louisiana?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

If I could do it all over again I would make great efforts to forge a better alliance with our local hobby shops. That way we would have a support place for our equipment, parts and timing.

There would be only SPEC racing. Control batteries $30 a pack, control tires $10 a pair, Control body $15 and Control chassis SPEC kit $125 and motors would be 27 degree stock.

This would make the cost of racing much cheaper, we would all beat and bang together with the best driver winning. or luckiest.

No one would have to wait for 1/12 to finish qualifying and everyone would have a shot to race against our local best drivers, James, Terry, Tom and Eric.

Sad though, John Hayes was coming on strong and some others were really doing good.

Just a thought though. I guess my pistol finger is itchy.

kev
Old 04-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Regional Moderator

There's alot of things that we could make different to make the racing go ALOT smoother... BUT

I don't know about the spec chassis though. Taking the diversity of the cars out would probably take some fun out of the racing. Unless we could buy a TC4 or RDX for $125.

Hobby shops barely make a profit as it is, so for them to sale things for such a low price really wouldn't be in their favor. This is taking into consideration that we wouldn't be running "generic" or no name brands. We would also loose what out of town racers we had. I don't think they would want to invest in a seperate setup just to woop up on the Shreveport guys.

We could make the rules a little tighter. Battery rules (to keep the people from running out and buying 4600's or 4800's when they come out), spec motor rules, etc. Of course this would only really effect the stock classes.

We could make the amount of classes smaller. Instead of 4 classes, only race 2 at club races: Stock and Mod, or Stock and 1/12. Every one in a while throw another class in there, making sure of a good head count before doing so. Some of the local dirt tracks could serve as perfect examples. They had alot of interest in new classes, so they added to their regular shows. Tracks were running 6-7 classes. The car counts suffered and so did the racing. Now they have dropped all but about 4 classes. This angered many who had made investments in these new classes but in the end all that mattered was what was best for the racing.

JMO.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

I miss you D

Is Jason alive?? Where does James get his trigger time?? Wheres poppa Herb? you think HPI kid will come back?

John is going through a rough spot right now.

Check your messages. I'll give you my cell.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Fall is on the way so lets think about renuing your membership.

After we get our new roster we'll figure out what to do with the remaining SORR money.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Membership for the 2008 year will be $5. I'll work on getting paypal up as well as a myspace for the club and post the financial spreadsheet.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

yes kev ill be back. where is the racing going to be??? i'm down let me know. john hays sold all his stuff. herd i have some money for you if youd like it let me know.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SupaD
There's alot of things that we could make different to make the racing go ALOT smoother... BUT

We could make the rules a little tighter. Battery rules (to keep the people from running out and buying 4600's or 4800's when they come out), spec motor rules, etc. Of course this would only really effect the stock classes.

JMO.
Good idea. These guys in Salt lake City have good ideas with a Lemans style race. The idea is for the racer to have a good experience and yet keep things as real to scale as possible. Which means you have mandatory pit stop. That would cancel out the guys with $150 Lipos vs. my 3300 shotgun packs. Cars race rubber tires (cost effective) and everyone must race a tamper proof 540 can motor (A $15 motor) 30 min 1st race (1 mandatory pit), 30 min break, 30 min 2nd race (1 mandatory pit). Self Marshalling (we would have to modify the drivers stand). The idea is you can have a bad start and still make a good race (like in real racing) and drivers will tend to use good race skills while following traffic and allow a couple laps to set up for a pass, Just like real racing.
Gone are the days of, "I worked all night for a 5 min main and now I broke, throwing my car and going home."

I think we should give it a try. The Robotronics scoring will also help with this endevor.

When does school start for you???
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Went to Mike's this weekend.. it was awesome. Everyone's going to lipo's and brushless and I think the racing is actually getting a little cheaper.. well besides the car kits going up..

Man this no local electric stuff sucks.

Where is everyone?
This sucks. Ive got 3 cars just chillin.

Call a nigga! Micheal Hudson whats your phone number?

Kevin?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think 1/12 is the way to go for the size of our track, low cost, and durability. . . If we could open the doors back up im in for 1/12.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.