Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Shreveport On Road Racers  (SORR) >

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Old 01-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When Dustin posts the points on the web site, the very next thing that will happen is someone is going to build a pipe bomb and mail it to me because James Kelly was awarded points in stock when he didn't run a lap ...... (gasp of air, the sounds of guns cocking) before you pull that trigger let me explain.

I'm on the take He paid me off ........only kidding dont shoot.

James realized after qualifying that this was a points race. Without a qualifier under his belt he would have to race in the B main. Basically run away with someones hard earned points. I was not about to let Jeremy lose his day in the sun or tell Brent Smith that after installing $15 worth of parts on his car to get it ready for the A he was going to be kicked out to B and get B main points. Not fair to either driver who earned their ways, or sand bagged their ways (sorry Devil) into their respective mains. So James was awarded points for last place B stock.

Please send all explosives, dead snakes and dead roses to
Terry Monroe C/O Kevin Rivet
Smith Petty Hobbies

Thanks.
out.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Jeremy,

May I call you Go Devil instead of Net Devil. I really needed something trival to post about and after your performance tonight I believed you earned it.

I believe I will lose my "tech initiate" lable before you.

Bullock.....you still sucking air my boy.
'
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rainman318
If anyone is interested my tc4 is for sale
Are you sure. Check out this upgrade, just dont show it to JC. He doesnt need anymore speed.

http://penguinrc.com/products/associated/p5500tc4.html
Old 01-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mr. Sorr pres..... Not trying to single any one out but that old fart from alexandria that shows up with a mod brushless motor racing in STOCK is unacceptable. If we have any rules at all, the one of all of them would be the most prominent (STOCK). If someone shows up with a mod motor then fine, let them get the a$$es handed back to them on a platter by Tom and James in mod class.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

out drive him gangsta...

you bastard...

yea its swolen
Old 01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I wanted to take up for the out of towner in this post but.. . .he is passing people on the straight. .

Last edited by easy e; 01-27-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

sorry, but your post made no sense... run what?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

sum ppl think its immature of ppl thinkin its not right to run brushless in stock class me it dont matter i just think if you have a mod car it should be ran in mod class....... but thats not up to me so it dont matter ..he wasnt in my heat haha..... and by the way net i think i have a piece of toenail in my front bumper would you like it back ????????
Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ultrahot
Mr. Sorr pres..... Not trying to single any one out but that old fart from alexandria that shows up with a mod brushless motor racing in STOCK is unacceptable. If we have any rules at all, the one of all of them would be the most prominent (STOCK). If someone shows up with a mod motor then fine, let them get the a$$es handed back to them on a platter by Tom and James in mod class.
Pixie dust, Pixie dust, go to a happy place. Kenneth wasn't awarded points for stock because he did not meet the 27 turn motor rule. I will speak to Ken about this. He's a personal guy and I'm sure hell comply........or my boy net devil will take out his toe.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

First of all take that pic of your nasty toe off the fourm. Second I think Kenneth is running a stock brushless and I promise you a spec 27 will run faster if needed. Everyone wanted people to come from out of town he drives a four hour round trip to run with us so try to deal with it for a while.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HPIkid
sum ppl think its immature of ppl thinkin its not right to run brushless in stock class me it dont matter i just think if you have a mod car it should be ran in mod class....... but thats not up to me so it dont matter ..he wasnt in my heat haha..... and by the way net i think i have a piece of toenail in my front bumper would you like it back ????????
it's yours now. you keep it... might give you good luck :P

And Jason, brushless is brushless. we have a rule, people can abide by it..
Old 01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

well j the way i see it is that rules are rules ... like i said it don't matter to me but everyone road my butt about me having a mod engine in my car.... i mean its cool that he is coming to our track but put him in mod class. but ill deal with it for awhile we have no other choice.....
Old 01-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll add my 2 cents just so I can get my post numbers up

We've already had this debate back when James got his "stock" brushless motor. We all know he is fast with the regular 27 turn and then when you give him a "stock" brushless he ran faster than the mod/19 turn guys did (at least at the time). Anyways it was at that point we agreed that to run stock class you ran a nonmodified 27 turn motor, not brushless.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think that he would do better running in the mod class also,, he shouldn't mind he is still racing the same motor, car , track , day but just with a different group of cars.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guess it's my turn to throw 2 cents into this disscussion. The guy with the brushless Corvette seems to be a pretty good driver. Good enough to run his "non-stock", "modified", "not a 27T motor" car in the modified class. I know I haven't been in this sport for very long, but in all the reading and research I've done, I've yet to see ANYONE define the Stock Class as anything other than 27T, brushed, with locked timing. His motor does not fit that discription. Don't get me wrong, I think brushless is the wave of the future for many reasons, (runtime, easy to take care of, runs cooler) but until we have a "Stock Brushless" class with enough drivers to warent it, he needs to run his car in the Mod Class. You'd think a better driver would want to run in a less crowded class anyway.

Bottom line: He could beat me any night on any track with him driving my car, and me driving his, but Stock is Stock, and by our rules, his car is not Stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.