Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Shreveport On Road Racers  (SORR) >

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buying into the points

First off, I had a great time Thur nite. Thanks to everyone for showing a first timer the way around the track. Maybe next time I can keep the car together for more than a few laps. This stuff really is as HARD as it looks!

I'm going to be out of town doing Air Force stuff for the next three races, but will be back out there as soon as I get back.

I will be happy to buy in for points as a late comer. I'll pony up the cash at the next race I'm here for.

Thanks Again, I look forward to running with you guys (and Gal) for the next couple of years while I'm stationed here

Tom Whitman
Old 11-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my next paint job?????

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...3&page=6&pp=30

UUMMMMM
Old 11-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Most of why we do this hobby is for fun. Frankly...it's not fun hearing someone drop F bombs or have emotional flare ups.
The racing is very intense and I love competition also but we owe it to our fellow racers to control ourselves. Self control is good for our hobby because it sets a good environment and I admire people of great intestinal fortitude. I marval at watching Jason Bullock work hard in A Main only to get hacked in the second cornor of the last lap....and lose. Yes it happened and although he was hot he retrieved his car, and when it was over he was outside later laughing about it . How many times have we watched Austin, clearly one of the fastest mini-t's drive for 2minutes and then break? I like racing with folks like this because they understand two things: we all make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes; and in the end we are suppose to have fun. Nobody loses sponsorship for a bad race and yes it sucks to have marshall step on our cars but it's a toy car. If anyone has a harder time finding money for this hobby try being a single income bicycle mechanic, with two kids and a mortage.

I took the long road to say this, I want to see a friendly race enviroment that encourages everyone to be competative and drive hard yet not have to walk on egg shells because someone may bite their head off because their toy car hit someone elses toy car too hard. If you want to cuse thats fine but you will be assesed a penalty.

I bring this initiative to a vote by the committee so we can bring a vote to our membership. I simply propose this:
Racers that engage in behavior that is unsportsman like will be warned of their behavior and should they persist they wll be docked one lap in the main or 2 series pts should that racer not make the main, for each incident. Unsportsman like behavior is defined as but not limited to the following: Cursing from the drivers stand at a fellow racers, audience members, cornor marshalls, or race directors (whichever one of us is behind the computer) or just as a form of expression which is derogitory in nature will be defined as unsportsman like. Unsportsmanlike conduct can occure in the parking lot, pit area, track side or drivers stand. Drivers that encourage or engage in response to unsportsman like behavior can also be assesed penalties. Foul language does not always need to be preesent for unsportsman like conduct to occure.
Herb?
James?
John?
Scotia?
Jason?
Dustin?

zipper out
Old 11-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i have a question... could a mini inferno be raced in the mini-t class? its listed as 1/16th scale electric buggy but its so small its like the size of a mini-t almost. Let me know cuz i'm thinking about getting one...
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I concur with the penalty thing for unsportsman like conduct. Let me add, what kev says is not a black and white standard for unsportsman conduct. It could be a any number of things. What it all boils down to is keep your cool and if you have a problem with somebody or something take that mess outside where kids, visitors, and regular racers don't have to listen to ya if we don't want to.

Austin
Old 11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Being the father of children who are present most of the time at the races, I'll second Kevin request about poor sportmanship penalties.
The irony is I thought this hobby would be a good format to teach Josh good sportmanship and proper racer manners. He was the first one to point this out. Come on guys he's only 14.
P.S.
I don't want to listen to any of that crap either. Let's just race!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

I also don't need Braxton to be exposed this kind of stuff i a trying to teach him about being a good sport its hard enough as is. He is only five so he is very impressionable. I have enough crap to deal with during the week Thursday night is my time off to have fun. So like Ron says lets race!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 18TChicka
hey guys i have a question... could a mini inferno be raced in the mini-t class? its listed as 1/16th scale electric buggy but its so small its like the size of a mini-t almost. Let me know cuz i'm thinking about getting one...
Amy
I am so glad you asked that question. Your request would fall under the "experimental equipment" clause in our constitution. Basically it says this: You must buy the rc car in question (in this case the inferno) and submit it for "trials" by members of the committee. This means that for the first week I'll drive the car, then dustin, Then James etc. This is about a 7week process. During the testing you (the owner) will be required to do all repairs and purchase all the aluminium hop ups on the market. This is to test the "performanc envelope" Once done, you will have spent about 600$ over seven weeks and never have driven the car. But isn't that a small price to pay to know that your car is legal and safe for competition? I like anything red.

I would think it could race. Basically it's an rc18T with a car body and better jumping characteristics.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey Herb I got your fix-a-flat in my backseat!

Kevin: if you're not racing this Thursday I'll do us both a favor and just race mod. That way I don't gain points or have to race by myself. I need to know ahead of time though, I need to get the TC3 ready.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Tires

Since I am too skeered to race, I watched..... I noticed what seemed to be a problem in the stock class with tires. Everyone is racing foam tires (rules say you can). I noticed that a lot of the problems people had handling wise was due to the abundance of compounds that these tires have. A lot of money is being spent on "the wrong color compound tire" to achieve the right one. Another problem with foam is they wear really bad and usually on one side possesing the need for a tire lathe (150$). My option for stock class only is to have a spec rubber tire. This is done at the Nationals where the drivers are given a set compound tire (cs 27, cs22, etc). I'm not saying the tires should be given out at the races but just everyone race on a "set" tire and make adjustment to that. This would keep the playing field level and cut expenses down. If this is a terrible idea or the greatest thing since sliced bread, just let me know. lol

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Shreveport On Road Racers  (SORR)-pic_0288.jpg  
Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Good idea. Remember we used to run a expert stock? They had to run rubbers.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'd have no problem running rubber tires on the carpet. I take it they don't grip as well as the foams?

Tom W.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with the unsportsman like conduct penalty rule. Scotia and I just dont want to hear it. Plus it may interfer with Ron teaching Josh how to HACK.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah,
I will be a no show Thurs. I have a date night planned with my wife. I am thiking that Jason B and myself will work with the transponderes to see if we can get them working. This will give me time to show Jason the computer.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Exclamation

Micheal brought up a good point on tire selection for stock sedan. I don't think switching to rubber tires will be that big of a jump because from my observations most people are over hooked with foams. Yes, rubber tires CAN hook up on carpet. It will bring the costs down for stock class, and IMO it will even out the competition.

Last edited by SupaD; 11-13-2005 at 02:59 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.